headcanons for modern AU guardians? Like, do they look differently? Work differently? Do they make up a deeply corrupt police force?
this is an interesting question and i’ve put in more thought into this than i’d like to admit mainly bc a friend and i have a modern post-apocalyptic au that i wont get into on this ask lol
i’ll try my best not to incorporate as much of that au when answering
- i feel like the skywalkers and sentries would resemble something like half life’s city scanner: lightly armored so easy to kill, but that results in copious amounts of them. initially used for just surveillance, but after hacked, they began attacking
- also from half life, i feel the stalkers would be similar to Dog. initially used as royal family protectants, but their AI also allowed for them to pick up intelligence on civil services and other things. intelligence is also shared among each dog. post-hack, the dogs learned how to search more effectively and chase for longer periods of time
- there would be two types of turrets: floor and ceiling mounted, both automated. the stronger the turret, eg turret I, II, III, the higher the hp, damage, and shooting speed
- lol the scouts are like portal turrets that don’t speak. the higher level the turret, eg I, II, III, the higher hp, damage, and increased movement! training turrets are stationary, but level VI turrets can run and turn their, uh, heads? aiming is more precise.
- ALL THESE FINE PIECES OF MACHINERY are connected through a central terminal located in what would be the modern castle (office?) infected by the malware that is ganon.exe