These photos were taken on February 17th 2013, right at the two year mark. I finally gave these their first real wash in Dr. Bronner’s and sent them in to get some much needed repairs at selfedge. They did a wonderful job patching up the damage that time and constant wear caused over the two years. I decided to patch the wallet hole before it became a problem. I also decided to shorten the length because I was tired of the stacks, then decided to to do a shallow double cuff on the bottom.
There will be a final set posted on Feb 17th, 2014 which will mark the 3 year mark for this project.
Vintage inspired chambray shirt. I made this shirt out of a solid 100% cotton selvege chambray fabric that I purchased to make a one off sample for myself. Unfortunately I did not purchase enough fabric to finish the whole shirt. My friend Aylin came through with some extra striped chambray that she had on hand and I incorporated it sparingly. I also used an antique white 100% mercerized cotton thread that I acquired from an estate sale in San Francisco. The aluminum buttons also came from A. The buttons are not necessarily my first choice but working with a limited budget can be compromising at times. Over all, I am pleased with the result and proud to share it with you!