To the maladaptive daydreamers who believe they’re never going to get a stable job or fall in love or live life to the fullest like other people,
- There are so many years ahead of you and so many opportunities for things to improve. You will not be stuck here forever.
- You can’t ever tell what will happen in the future. Your situation is not hopeless.
- Your daydreams, when they aren’t sad or violent, give you an idea of what you want from life. That is a strength. Not everybody knows what they want.
- It will take effort, it might take some disappointments, but in time you will figure out your priorities in reality and your own way of achieving them, despite the things that hold you back.
- Even if things don’t work out, there is always a plan B.
- You will be okay.
- One day you will look back and wonder what you were ever worried about.