Name: Chanel Kennebrew
7 QUESTIONS W/ LADIES LOVE PROJECT VENDOR: JUNKPRINTS
1) Where do you get your inspiration from? I’m first content inspired and then medium driven, meaning the story or topic comes first and the the execution. I’m inspired by the past and the present. I’m a savager and duplicator who is super fascinated with propaganda and how we as people relate to our social environments. The thin division lines between social separation are what push me to cover the topics I address in my work.
2) Five years from now, where do you see yourself? The ultimate plan for the the junk: more of the same with the inclusion of more unique collaborations and co-branding in a fair sustainable method. The ultimate plan for me: Bouncing between my completely regenerative Eco friendly house in the Caribbean and the world and making more junk!
3) What advice would you give a young person interested in starting their own business making things? Design w/ relevance, heart and genuine integrity. I figure that each individual has sooo much potential and it’s important to attempt to maximize that potential by doing the very best one can possibly do at everything they do. I mean what’s the point of doing something if it’s ‘half.' As far as advice goes, be Brave, get out there, make a ton of mistakes, get the wind knocked out out of you and keep it moving.
4) Favorite place to shop? Junkprints.com
5) Does price matter to you? Price doesn’t determine taste opinion or judgment, it’s just a lil logistic when it comes to acquisition. Basically liking, loving or appreciating something has nothing to do with price. The dilemma is that my local grocer wants money not an explanation.
6) Sneakers or Heels? Today sneakers…tomorrow who knows
7) Quality or Quantity? Quality, always! A bunch of nonsense sucks balls and a lil bit of magic goes a long way.
Junkprints will be at our Ladies Love Project Spring Pop Up Shop
April 9th @ Gallery 151 from 12-8pm (NYC)