(this was actually gonna be my response to a post @Miyamanga replied to @itsdanystormsborn, from Miya’s David’s prophetic writing post, but the original post was getting long, so I thought I’d post as a new post) ^^
Random thought, what if Aladdin is the true singularity. Singularity means anomaly, something unique. Aladdin being alive is that really, he could of died with his mother, I doubt David knew he had a grandchild on the way. Plus Aladdin wants to get rid of the Sacred Palace system right ? Which would create a new world. (i still suspect he’s gonna create OUR world).
But then even Alibaba could be the singularity, because he’s died and come back, and he wants to unite those who died with black rukh, and those who died with white rukh (for example rejoin Tess with Falan.)
What if Sinbad being the “true singularity” all this time has just been a red herring!
ADKOS was absolutely a Larry Azoff Prophet. adifferentkindofson tumblr com/post/142913000641/look-to-all-the-people-who-have-doubts-about-the
Oh ho ho ho:
exactly. either you trust that harry and louis are capable of making informed decisions about their careers and their relationship or you think you know better than they do (even though we do not have enough information to fully gauge the complexities of what’s going on bts contract wise).
So just a year ago you had to trust that Louis and Harry were making career decisions together and that they wouldn’t leave the other in the lurch and that the Azoff’s were there for both of them based on “trusting their love for each other” basically and inside information she claimed to have.
Now suddenly in 2017 the Azoff’s are traitors who snatched Harry away from Louis and turned him against the band and they claim now that some of the Hazoff Rescue Fantasy campaigners in the fandom had possibly been plants made to make Jeff look good.
So wouldn’t Adifferentkindofson therefore also potentially be a Hazoff plant? Like who made her claim to be an inside source on them? I can guess of course it was just ‘cause like all Big Larries/Tinhats she craved feeling important and connected and wanted to present herself as an “insider” based on shoddy information from shoddy sources. But if she’s gonna accuse others of being plants who mislead others into a Hazoff Larrie utopia now then look in the mirror, Fernface.
can Allah test you with faith? I've been asking for a firm faith for more than a year and my eeman is getting low everyday... why?
Here is what Allah says:
Holy Qur'an, al-Ankabut 2-3. Do people reckon that they will be left (to themselves at ease) on their mere saying, “We believe,” and will not be put to a test? We certainly tested those who preceded them. (This is Our unchanging way) so that Allah will certainly mark out those who prove true (in their profession of faith), and He will certainly mark out those who prove false.
Holy Qur'an, al-Mulk 2. He Who has created death and life, so that He may try you (and demonstrate to yourselves) which of you is better in deeds.
Holy Qur'an, al-Anbiya 35: We try you through the bad and the good things (of life) by way of testing (so that your real character and rank may reveal itself).
Holy Qur'an, al-Baqarah 155. We will certainly test you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and lives and fruits (earnings); but give glad tidings to the persevering and patient:
Here is what Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
Allah will test the ones who are dearer to Him so they turn to Him completely. Please don’t be discouraged. Keep praying. Keep staying away from major sins. Allah wants us to try. The result is not our business. We are responsible from the journey not the destination.
10) It pokes fun at common cliches found everywhere in literature, but still handles them seriously and makes full use of them. After all, cliche doesn’t automatically equal bad. They’re popular for a reason. It also has no problem making fun of itself, which I adore.
9) The characters and their flaws are all portrayed very well, especially considering they’re children dealing with a variety of difficult and heavy things. Like showing that Isaac’s behavior towards Max is very unfair and unappreciated, despite Isaac’s circumstances, and I think that’s neat.
8) The characters are all multi-facted people and have a lot of sides that I’m sure we haven’t gotten to see yet. I’m excited for all the character development we’re going to see as the comic progresses!
7) This image and everything it stands for
6) Johnny getting called out recently on his behavior. While he’s a relatively harmless bully (though a bully nonetheless), he could have developed into much worse, and I look forward to seeing the inevitable changes in his behavior in the coming days. Redemption arc(?) go!
5) The attention to detail in this comic is phenomenal. It’s really all the little things that tie the comic together and make it as enjoyable as it is, like the characters’ clothes changing every day when they could just remain static. Or the fact that everyone that participated in Hitball were different, detailed characters when they could have just as easily have been lackluster background characters.
4) Seeing Zack’s art develop from the very beginning chapters to now. It’s just plain awesome to see how much he’s developed as an artist from chapter 1 to chapter 5. And the comic is always so pleasant to read AND look at.
oh, whoops that’s a little less than pleasant
There we go. Again, should I mention that I love all the attention to detail?
3) I love all the questions and mysteries. We’re still so close to the beginning of the comic and all of the ground work of an amazing story, and I am beyond excited for what the future holds. I mean, also a little impatient, I’ll admit, but that’s not going to stop me from waiting to see this to the end!
2) I love the Tumblr community that’s sprung out of this comic. It’s the one I probably try and interact with the most and every time I do, everyone is always so nice. I have made so many friends through Paranatural, had so many laughs, and felt connected every time Zack Morrison tried to rip our hearts out. While it’s certainly not perfect, I’m very happy to be a part of it.
1) Lastly, I love Zack Morrison. Platonically, of course, and mostly just respectfully. I love that he produces such a high quality, funny, and thoroughly enjoyable comic for absolutely free. And on such a consistent schedule, despite the occasional, understandable hiccups. I love all of the hard work he pours into Paranatural and that he’s just as apt to communicate and talk to us as we are to talk to him. Zack Morrison is easily the best thing about Paranatural.
You know what I’m sick and tired of more than anything on this garbage dump of a website? How people are constantly spouting how much they care about mental illnesses, but when someone like me who has a mental illness that can lead to communication errors or statements that aren’t clear then you’re demonized and treated like the worst human being once you slip up. And when you try to explain this to people or try to clarify what you meant, they don’t listen or claim you’re making excuses or backtracking.
As someone on the autism spectrum, getting across what I mean is not easy. I’ve gotten help with this, but I still have problems. Not to mention that I always worry that someone will take what I’m saying and turn it around because I didn’t make something explicitly clear. And seeing all these people on tumblr claim they’re supportive of autistic people and people with mental illnesses only to turn around and attack those same people they claim to support and slander them because they didn’t get their point across just pisses me the fuck off.
Because just about every time someone has started discourse with me, or sent me anon hate, it’s been because I didn’t get across what I meant to say properly. The 1shimaru sexuality bullshit is the biggest example of this, all because I tried to share my headcanon but worded things awkwardly, I was harassed, stalked, falsely accused of being on a blog I have never been a part of, called homophobic and transphobic, had tons of hate mail sent to me, and god knows how many of those people still bitch about me on their blogs after I had to block them. Not just because I thought a character was straight, but because these people took so much issue with how I worded my post because I didn’t word things the way I meant to in my head. And a number of these people claim to be mentally ill or autistic which makes things even worse!
Hell, I got out of a abusive friendship a few months ago and one of the things she’d do is get on my case whenever I wasn’t 100% perfectly clear with my words, something I can’t do! And I tried to explain this to her many times and she never listened to me!
And the fact that callout culture and the like is so prevalent on tumblr means that if you are one of those people who’s not good with words and communication who slips up? These people will make sure to tear you down and ruin your reputation OVER MISTAKES IN WORDING! Not only is that extremely abusive behavior, it’s downright ableist and goes against everything these so called supportive users claim to be for or against! Am I perfect? No, I’m not! So why the fuck does tumblr continue to persist in this abusive, ableist behavior?
Because the bottom line is, these are issues mentally ill people and people on the autism spectrum such as myself have to deal with constantly. And I’ve never seen more ableist behavior than I have on here, a website that people claim is all for supporting those who have these issues. But then again, what can I expect from a website that outright shoots down self-care and recovery methods as being “neurotypical”, tries to lie about having serious mental illnesses just to be special, glorifies self-destructive behaviors such as doing nothing all day long, claims that self-diagnosis is a great method, and other similar ableist behaviors?
Stop trying to act like you support us when we don’t even meet your standards of being good people. Fuck off.
In retrospect, one feature of that prison environment stands out: the guards and prisoners whose irreligion so shook Bonhoeffer were all men. Christianity across most of the world, since the eighteenth century at least, has been predominantly a women’s religion. Patriarchal Christians, among whom we have to include Bonhoeffer, have often worried that this makes Christianity seem weak. The post-war prophets of religionless Christianity, like most radicals before the arrival of new-wave feminism in the 1970s, were men. Their quest for revolutionary relevance was very masculine. There is an instructive contrast with twentieth-century Chinese Christianity, which (as we shall see) embraced its huge numerical preponderance of women and thrived as a result. Religionless Christianity was a stirring vision. Attempts to put it into practice, however, both denied the lived reality of its believers and treated faithful pew-fillers with presumption and disdain rather than recognizing them as their community’s lifeblood.
what are they made of: your blood, your prayers, your stars. your anger. flesh cut and arms scarred . but they are happy. their tired hands beg for more. they do not want to be remembered by the mortals who think of achilles and sekhmet and what could of have been. they need, crave, yearn the touch. and when they are accepted. rivers become white. vines turn dark. spring and winter are one. the leaves become vultures and the wind rejects them. because they are no longer of this earth.
STEP VII: HUMILITY
a corner in goiania. a (unholy) cigarette bud lands in the blood soaked marble of tibet. a cathedral in istanbul, eyes ignore those who stare at things others cannot see. a bar in alexandria, a chuckle, a library burning, a dusty motel room, a willing volunteer, in pattern with the first sun ray, they are gone. back to the bronx - you will never catch them bragging.
STEP VIII: WILLINGNESS
knees brace the cold hard salt, eyes turn closed, hands (black inked and red stained) come together, and words of prophets as deadly smoke fill the whole city. some reject. some deny. some fall. silent vows brace them, the hand of god betrays them, others watch them hushed. and they are left to wander this earth. their knees fall to the earth but not in prayer. in debt.
STEP IX: FORGIVENESS
black charcoal marks driven into white sheets; knuckles scarred clutching the air. the walls match their backs, scratched, broken, twisted. how does one live abandoned. to be touched by the only lord. bloodshot eyes, confessionals wrecked and a poor sparrow. (desperate. hooked. pathetic.) see what happens to the precious son. anger turns back to prayers and cold hands - amen amen amen.
[excerpt from 12 STEPS FOR THE DIVINE & DAMNED & DEAD]| r
Since I won’t be able to see the show, getting to see this little tease of John Lloyd Young and Carmen Cusack of For The Record: Scorsesedoing the tango while performing the song “Takes Two to Tango” is such a delicious treat! Thank you Melissa Prophet for posting this! October 8, 2016
anyone who has spent five seconds around me ever:
yes, you love 9, we know, you love 9 so much, it's the light of your life, you love it so much, you just love 9, we KNOW, you love 9, you fucking love 9, ok we know, we get it, YOU LOVE 9. WE GET IT.