VMHQ’s Holiday Fic Grab Bag - PROMPT LIST!!
Ho, Ho, Ho! Our list of Holiday Fic Prompts was delivered by reindeer mail this morning, and we’re ready to share them with all the Veronica Mars fanfic writers, GIFmakers, artists, and… well, anyone who wants to create something for them.
Remember, post all of your offerings to the A03 collection by December 23rd. The collection will open for your reading and enjoyment (anonymously) on the morning of December 24th and then authors/creators will be revealed on January 1st!
So, without further ado, and in no particular order, THE LIST:
- Logan and Veronica and a secret santa!
- Logan and Veronica snowbound strangers who have to keep each other warm. Bonus points if they don’t like each other much at first and then find out how they are so much more than first impressions (and then hook up).
- During An Echolls Family Christmas - Logan and Veronica and accidental kissing.
- College AU. Logan and Veronica - Logan meets Keith for the first time during the holidays. There’s nervousness, making out, and Keith trying to accept his little girl isn’t so little anymore.
- During S2, Logan is feeling down after watching the tapes of Lilly, and Veronica is feeling down with Wallace gone and everything sucking. They somehow meet and spend the Holidays together and things get better.
- Logan and Veronica fall in love during a (crazy) Holiday party. This one can be AU.
- Mac is tired of her family asking about her love life so she brings Dick to Christmas dinner as her pretend boyfriend.
- LoVe and Holiday horror (As in Krampus and other Holiday horror movies, but no killer snowmen because come on). Just want to see if anyone can come up with something for this one.
- Logan and Veronica meet at a Christmas party and hook up for the first time.
- LoVe as an established couple (can include other pairings) and they spend the holidays with the parents. Can be AU if they are meeting the parents for the first time. Comedy if possible (as plenty of Holiday movies do - Ex. Meet the parents).
- LoVe’s first Christmas together (after reuniting in the film), including the run up to the actual day.
- Weevil is desperate to find a sold out doll for his daughter –the only item on Valentina’s Christmas list– and he enlists Logan’s help to track down this important present.
- Lilly gives Logan to Veronica as a Christmas present.
- LoVe during S3 - they don’t break up so they spend their first Holidays together!
- Veronica is a waitress in a New York diner, trying to pay her way through law school. She has to work Christmas Eve - it’s just her and the cook and no customers until Logan walks in to spend a lonely, glum holiday.
- LoVe find themselves stranded in the airport and can’t make it to their holiday celebrations. They find each other instead. Romance ensues :)
- In An Echolls Family Christmas, Weevil calls Veronica when the money first goes missing, and she shows up to find all the boys in their underwear. “When did Logan get so ripped?”
- It’s the season of countless movies about saving Xmas! So what if the Vmars characters have to do the same? Can you combine the noir of Neptune with the silly Xmas shenanigans that are required to save the holiday? Maybe it can be a fantasy story (does SC needs help?) or based in reality (or ambiguous fantasy if you like). As many characters as can be involved from canon. And preferably with LoVe either as friends, or enemies to friends, or even as a couple.
- AU or alternate ending of an Echoll’s Family Christmas. Logan/Veronica
- Veronica, Mac and Meg baking cookies for Christmas
- Veronica and Logan’s first kiss happens under the mistletoe. Someone else (Duncan, Lilly, or another person) tried to put it up to catch either Logan or Veronica, but it backfires when it gets Logan and Veronica together instead.
- Snowbound Fab Four, pre-series, LoVe the Fab Four but maybe before everyone pairs off(?) can be happy and fluffy or with a dose of pining/angsty
- Set during S2 “One Angry Veronica” - Logan feeling down about everything, stealing the sex tapes, etc. does something sweet and possibly(?) anonymous for Weevil’s Grandma (since he currently owns their house at that point). Maybe a little bit of BrOTP w/Logan & Weevil?
- S2 Christmas Break - Veronica goes to Logan for comfort after discovering the truth about Meg’s pregnancy
- S4 Imagined AU - Veronica never went to Stanford, but she did come back from the FBI internship with a new commitment to normalcy. She’s still dating Piz, but the semester is nearing an end and she knows it’s not what she wants. It’s Christmas, and at Christmas you tell the truth. Eventually LoVe (maybe a little Love Actually inspired w/out the creepiness). Maybe Logan has someone else in his life at this point too(?)
- Those 9 years, two Neptune survivors bump into each other unexpectedly at an airport in Aspen when their flights are delayed. Who are they? What happens? What do they talk about? (Not a LoVe pairing)
- Ghost of Christmas’ past. You pick the ghost and who they visit. Also, the living don’t have to know they’re being watched, or you can have interactions between the living and the ghost.
- Madison’s perspective of how the events unfolded in Aspen (can be her POV) would love a somewhat sympathetic/compassionate approach to a character that never received much dimension from the writers.
- Logan and Veronica’s kid “Home Alone” during Christmas.
S3 AU, Logan, Veronica, Keith, and whoever else the writer wants (the whole gang or no one else) meet in Aspen. Can LoVe reconnect during the holidays? Or will things remain the same?
- LoVe trying to find the perfect gift for each other in a mall or some big store because they forgot (don’t know why, maybe they just got recently back together, perhaps this is a S3 AU :O) days (hours?) before Xmas. There’s waaaay too many people, madness and fighting ensues :).
- Logan and Veronica attend an office holiday party. Dialogue: “I told you we shouldn’t have brought the fruit cake.”
- Logan, Veronica, Wallace, Mac, and Dick go tobogganing. Dialogue: “That is a really bad idea.”
- Meg and baby Lilly both lived and they celebrate the baby’s first Christmas with Duncan. Veronica and Logan are involved in some capacity.
- Work holiday party hookup, Logan/anyone.
- Sophomore year of college. Logan moved out of the Neptune Grand into a new home and while unpacking he finds a Christmas present he got for Veronica, but they had broken up before he gave it to her. He finds her (either at Keith’s or he goes to Stanford) to give her the present now.
- Logan and Veronica sing Christmas carols… in front of an audience… for a case.
- AU Veronica investigates the case of Santa Claus and Logan tags along.
- Either Logan or Veronica try to make some big Christmas dinner and absolutely everything goes wrong. They end up eating pizza/KFC/or something like that on a very messy kitchen floor and making out. The writer can decide if guests arrive and find them like that.
- Logan and Veronica. It’s New Year’s Eve and person A got dumped. Person B tries to cheer up person A, and they end up kissing as the countdown reaches 0.
- Logan and Veronica just broke up. Dick throws a big Christmas party. Wallace and Mac convince Veronica to go. Logan and Veronica meet there and reconcile.
- Logan and Veronica are neighbors and they get into a fierce Christmas decorating contest –way over the top. Veronica eventually learns that Logan wasn’t interested in the competition, he just likes firing her up.
Pre-series New Year’s Eve celebration with the fabulous four at the Kane House where they are having a party as well. Celeste makes Duncan and Lilly come inside, but doesn’t allow Logan and Veronica who end up kissing each other at midnight.
Veronica and Logan discover how much Pony loves the Christmas tree, especially knocking off ornaments and knocking the whole thing over.
- Angsty with a hopeful or happy ending. Veronica comes back from Stanford for Christmas after not seeing Logan for more than a year and goes to see him at the Neptune Grand. Dick’s dialogue “He’s in his room, but you’re not going to like what you find."
Logan and Veronica meet after high school away from Neptune. One or the other needs a pretend date to take home for the holidays either because of lies they told their family, or to compete with an ex’s new relationship.
Logan and Veronica are dorm/class acquaintances at Stanford, who end up getting stuck in a snow storm while carpooling to a mutual friends holiday party in Tahoe.
Logan and Veronica are best friends that end up next to each other for the New Years kiss at midnight.
Veronica brings a special Christmas present to Logan at the office.
Logan and Veronica are work frenemies that get picked to be each other’s secret Santa.
Remake of movie Love Actually - use all VM characters. Special request: Logan as the Prime Minister and V as his assistant.
Matching Reindeer Boxers – how did Duncan and Logan end up with them? What made each of them decide to wear them that night? What did they think about one another when they realized they’d both selected the same pair (esp. if the author decides Veronica gifted them and it reveals that they’re both being nostalgic and missing her this time of year)
- Sibling closeness over the holidays - adult Veronica and Logan planning for or celebrating a holiday with Hunter. Or really anything where Hunter is included in family togetherness.
"Let’s import a Christmas tree from Canada.”
Logan and Veronica are hosting thanksgiving dinner. They have a LOT to be thankful for (a little surprise for their family and friends - they are expecting).
- Accidentally matching holiday underwear!
- WeeVer! Set in college, at a point where her Dad doesn’t completely dislike Eli and she’s finally fed up with Logan and/or she loves Eli regardless of all the outside influences.
- VMars and Logie Bear accidentally double-booked a train sleeper compartment on the day before Christmas Eve. Five minutes after meeting, they already piss each other off. But with a train this packed and no other way to get to their destination in time…what are they to do? (I have no clue; snark and shenanigans, I assume.)
- A Christmas body swap!
Remake the movie Serendipity with Logan and Veronica. It may not be a movie about Christmas but it takes place around Christmas time.
New Year’s Eve is always a disappointment. Keith knows this. Everybody knows this. So why not use the day to start working on his resolution for a healthy year? To make a long story short, Keith conscripts some victims to help him replace his pointless crop of lawn grass with kale. Some find it amusing, fewer find it hot, and others are just done.
“I got you for secret santa and I got you this really expensive but sentimental gift that you’ve always wanted, hoping you’ll never find out it’s from me and I’ve been in love with you since forever”
“You got me an amazing present and I didn’t get you anything because I didn’t know we were doing presents because you are just a close friend (and oh, this is supposed to be a declaration of love, well in that case, come to the bed, I’ve got great last minute gift idea)”
Veronica finds her old water bed in the attic while looking for Christmas decorations.
Van Clemmons has always kept himself out of the trenches in his little kingdom of learning and hormones…until he finds a camera in his stapler and Vincent Van Lowe in the waiting room, carrying a tray of Christmas cookies.
- A Christmas Carol (the Scrooge one, not the singing kind (though that could be another prompt, where a bunch of carollers show up at LoVe’s door)
Logan and Veronica AU - “We went through a really bad break up a month ago, but I already bought you a Christmas gift. it’s too late to return it now and I know you’d really like it so I show up to your house on Christmas Eve and give you the present I bought for you and I swear I see tears in your eyes”
- Logan and Veronica drew each other’s name out of the Santa Hat for secret Santa (with mutual friends or at work) and “I really had no clue what to get you, we don’t know each other too well so…”
- Logan and Veronica, “let’s dress up our dog as a reindeer” AU
Veronica and Logan both volunteer at the holiday charity and somehow they’ve managed to turn donations for the less fortunate into a competition to see who could get the most donations. AU
Logan and Veronica, sworn enemies, are chosen to prepare the company Christmas Party.
LoVe family buying or decorating the Christmas tree or baking holiday treats or making snowmen.
Logan and Veronica - they broke up, but now they meet at a Christmas party.
- Logan and Veronica meet in the E/R on Christmas Eve.
LoVe are co-workers, but they barely know each other. They both have to work through the holidays.
Veronica can’t travel to see her family on Christmas, so she invites Logan, her grumpy loner neighbor.
Veronica or Logan’s ex will be at the Christmas Party. They pose as each other’s fiance or significant other.
“You’ve had too much eggnog and rum and now you’re drunk and doing a strip tease for everyone at this Christmas party; it isn’t sexy in the slightest because you’re giggling and your sweater is caught over your head but I’m still falling in love with you” -Logan & Veronica AU
“I get caught with one of my friends under the mistletoe and you literally sprint from across the room to shove them out of the way and take their spot” AU Veronica and Logan
Logan and Veronica: “It’s hella snowing outside and the power went out in our apartment building. You come up to my door, asking for blankets because you’re freezing but I just pull you inside and oh wait when did we start cuddling?”
- Logan & Veronica: “We’re co-workers who hate each other but you had too much to drink at the staff Christmas party and admitted your love for me - I don’t know how to act around you now”
“I was having a snowball fight outside and you were casually walking by and oh my god I’m so sorry I accidentally nailed you in the face” Veronica & Logan AU.
On Christmas Eve, Logan and Veronica are stuck together because of blizzard, they have to share a bed.
LoVe- since the first time they met, every Christmas Eve, one letter appears on their skin, it’s the name of their soulmate (can complicate with two names written on their body, their nemesis and their soulmate)
- At Christmas Eve, the heater broke and I’m freezing get over here"
- Right before Christmas break, Logan & Veronica: ‘We’re stuck in a log cabin overnight during a snowstorm because of some stupid school team building exercise and it’s freezing and I can’t sleep and you can hear me shivering in the next bed so you pick me up and dump in your bed and good grief you are hot in every sense of the word’
- Logan and Veronica - ‘It’s Christmas, I’m visiting my family, you’re pretending to be my significant other so my mum gets off my case only she’s assuming we’re going to be sleeping in the same bed together’
- Can be set during S3 or around the movie - Keith and Logan interact while Veronica watches (holiday of your choosing). Inspiration these B&W photos taken by Chris Lowell:
Happy creating, and happy holidays!