All of these lists are incomplete! If you have work that you’d like to showcase here, please let us know. If there’s work that you’d like to nominate, please get permission from the creator/owner and then let us know.
Games by Latinxs or Latin American Developers and Studios:
- Toren: Experience the mysterious, timeless world of Toren, the first adventure game from Brazilian indie developer Swordtales. You are Moonchild, destined to climb the tower (known as Toren) on a hauntingly solitary journey to find your purpose.
Chroma Squad: A tactical RPG about five stunt actors who decide to quit their jobs and start their own Power Rangers-inspired TV show! Cast actors, purchase equipment and upgrades for your studio, craft weapons and giant Mechas out of cardboard and duct tape.
Aritana and the Harpy’s Feather: A platform game which the main aspect of its mechanics is the possibility of changing your stance. This stances define attributes such Speed, Jump Force, Attacks and Special Abilities. The player must choose between these stances to overcome obstacles and fight the Spirits of the Forest in a quick, intuitive and fun gameplay mechanic.
- Mulaka: Action-adventure at its finest. Explore an accurate digitalization of the Tarahumara Sierra in a 3D open world environment while solving puzzles, collecting magic herbs, fighting soul-eating foes, and running with the world-renowned Rarámuri prowess.
Daily Espada: Some good ol’ family man ends up in the creepiest TV show ever about trying to take down Brazilian culture’s most fearsome creatures. Why? Because the prizes are worth it? Maybe. His wife thinks so.
Kerbal Space Program:
In KSP you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying its crew out into space without killing them. At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science!
- Rock of Ages:
A rock-solid combination of rock-rolling action, deep strategy, and captivating art and music from different ages of history, this is a game of crush or be crushed!
- Kingdom Rush:
Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, trolls, evil wizards and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command!
- Trivia Crack/Preguntados: A mobile app that allows users to compete against friends and people around the world. Modeled after popular games like Trivial Pursuit.
- Heart Forth, Alicia: An epic Metroidvania RPG that combines timeless 16- and 32-bit gameplay, modern mechanics, and a set of unique, intertwining stories to take you on a fantastic journey.
An immersive horror adventure, featuring a complex story and deep atmosphere.
- Ernesto: Ernesto must survive deadly dungeons, solve riddles and grow strong to slay the DRAGON terrorizing the land. A game about drawing an adventure through traps, treasure and magic.
Latinx or Latin American Developers and Studios:
Senscape was founded in 2010 by Agustín Cordes, better known as the designer of the cult classic and award-winning Scratches adventure. Based in Argentina, Senscape aims to become a key company of independently developed videogames and in particular the adventure genre.
Games that Showcase Latin America or Latinidad (or are set in/inspired by Latin America):
- Guacamelee! A Metroid-vania style action-platformer set in a magical Mexican inspired world. The game draws its inspiration from traditional Mexican culture and folklore, and features many interesting and unique characters.
- Sunset: It’s 1972 and a military coup has rocked Anchuria. You, Angela Burnes, are trapped in the metropolitan capital of San Bavón. Your paradise has turned into a warzone. You take up a job as a housekeeper. Every week, an hour before sunset, you clean the swanky bachelor pad of the wealthy Gabriel Ortega.
- Papo & Yo: Quico’s best friend, Monster, is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. That said, Monster does have a very dangerous problem: an addiction to poisonous frogs.
- Red Dead Redemption: An open world, western action-adventure video game, set during the decline of the American Frontier in the year 1911, following John Marston, a former outlaw whose wife and son are taken hostage by the government in ransom for his services as a bounty hunter.
- Tropico 5: A construction and management simulation video game set in the island nation of Tropico. Expand your Dynasty’s reign from the early colonial period to beyond the 21st Century.
Latinx or Latin American Streamers, Let’s Players, Podcasters, etc.
- Javier Payano: Regular streams at 5pm CST Sunday afternoons
- CSDN: Let’s Plays of video games by diverse creators or featuring diverse characters/stories