Here is the thing, Bernie Sander is the only presidential candidate who offers some hope for the country actually addressing the major issues that are destroying this nature rather than ignoring them in favor of the old standbys. I judge presidential Candidates on the basis of their answer to this question “HOw do you win a war on terror?” and Sanders is the only one who seems likely to actually be able to answer that honestly without common off like a moron. But lets be honest, he is a long shot, so if we want to promote him, we need to get serious. Here are some things we need to get worried of soon/be prepared for
1) If he wins the first Primaries, then the DNC is going to tighten its ranks. See Sanders is in this magic sweet spot right now where he can get national attention and the support of the base because even establishment democrats want him to pull Hillary to the left. But remember when Mike Huckabee won the early primaries 2011 and the GOP suddenly rallied around Romney because they realized that Mike might win and he was a candidate who will never win a national election. Now MIke would never win because he was a fucking psychopath and Bernie sanders has a chance, but the DNC is traditionalist and they will all rally around Hillary when that happens. So what ever happens, don’t get into a celebratory mood if Bernie wins, because that is when things are going to get tough, and plenty of Democrats are going to come out with the old “You don’t want to see Jeb Bush be president?” phrase. Here is the thing, no GOP candidate except MAYB Rand Paul can win a national election, they are just too damn racist. So take advantage of the period right now, before the New Hampshire primary to spread the word as much as possible and try to get enough of them on the bandwagon before Clinton gets really scared
2) Don’t fall into the trap of Clinton inevitably. Its a myth, it isn’t true, Hillary is a very weak candidate, because she is a damn Clinton, we know how they work. They are corrupt to the core. But that myth is going to be popular, it is going to be pervasive, and comparison to Ralph Nader costing Gore FLorida are going to happen (he didn’t). The establishment is no longer needed as much as it once was, and if the internet is used properly, Bernie Sander’s strengths and Clinton’s weaknesses can be promoted. But once Bernie starts getting to the debates, we are going to hear more and more about how Clinton can’t possibly lose
3) He is Jewish. This won’t be a problem for the primaries, but if he goes up against what ever GOP hack they spawn, suddenly his not being Christian is going to be a very big deal. Lots and lots of people are going to come out and start saying how MERICA IS A CHRISTIAN NATION and “DA JEWISH CONSPIRACY”. Be prepared for that, get your defenses ready for that, turn that into a strength.
right lets talk about some things that Bernie Supports need to do right now make him stronger
1) Appeal to minorities. Right now. Here is the thing, the reason why the GOP can’t win this next election is that not enough of the electorate are white men. Hispanics, African Americans, Asians, GSM, young people, and women mostly vote Left, and they are making up more and more of the country. the most dedicated of the Right wing voters are old and they are you know…old and are dying off. ALl of the GOP candidates have spent the last few decades proving to the world that they are horrifically racist, sexist, and religiously intolerant, so winning the majority of the country will be difficult. The only one who has a chance is Jeb Bush and….well this country isn’t ready for another Bush. Now Bernie Sanders as 4 main groups who like him in this country. Jews obviously, the all important student demographic is interested in him because you know….student loans reform, old people because of his age (even some conservatives and independents like him because he wants to reform Social security) and a surprising amount of white people like him. But minorities in this country are distrustful of him because he hasn’t been on their radar and they are generally mistrustful of whitey (for good reason). The clintons are well known and connected to Obama. Notice how Clinton has passive aggressively been saying that Sanders is not invested immigration, when he has done more than Clinton has. But they really don’t have any reason to, he has a good record on immigrant reform and you know…he actually knew Dr. King. He marched during the Civil Rights movement, which is more than any other person here can say. I mean, he was the only president candidate who not only called the Charleston massacre both the result of Neo Confederate racist culture in the south AND called it an act of terror. And considering how many of the problems minorities face are descended from the economic inequality in this country, a candidate who can address that will be doing more to help ethnic minorities in this countries than Clinton’s connections to banks ever will.
2) Talk to women. Sanders again has a good record on women’s issue, and is pretty evenly tied with Clinton in that regards, so why should women vote for an old man? Well two things, first his proposed healthcare reform will go a long way to helping with various women’s issues (Like affordable birth control) and unlike Clinton, he is more trustworthy. The Clintons infamously will change their stance at the drop of a hat (she voted for the Iraq war for god’s sake), and so even if she can talk the talk it isn’t guaranteed that she will walk the walk. Women are essential to winning any election, and Bernie Sanders has made his views on hate groups quite clear. If he can just stand up to the MRA crowd he’d be perfect.
3) Rally the base. Try to get anybody who cares about real liberal issues to come out and get behind Bernie now before the establishment has its chance to turn him into traitor, with the internet this is actually possible. Everybody on the left needs to start talking about the issues that the Clintons are too sacred…or well connected…to talk about. Like ending the War on Drugs, ending the war of terror, addressing the wealth gap, bringing wallstreet under control and addressing the main issues of Social and Civic Rights. AKA, addressing police brutality and the government disregard for the 4th amendment.
4) Really go on the attack towards Clinton. Because she voted for the Iraq war, and is a Centrist more than a liberal. She (and her husband) are corrupt and utterly connected to all of the worse aspects of government. She is the standard politician joke, utterly untrustworthy and just competent enough to get herself elected, and just likable enough because she is better than anybody the GOP puts up. But she is not your friend, and she is not trustworthy, nobody with a Super Pac is.
For that matter, the only GOP candidate you really need to focus on attacking is Jeb Bush, because there are many desperate people in this country who will vote for him even though the Bushes have been nothing more than a parasite on this nation, because he is the only one who seems to offer (on the surface) a reasonable chance of the conservatives winning.
5) Finally, you know what Bernie Sanders offers? A great deal of independents, and in fact Republicans might vote for him. Because while the TEA party is mostly just full of vile paranoid racist sexist homophobic super racist theocratic conspiracy theorists, many of them are pissed about Wall Street corruption. Many of the conservatives who cry about this country becoming “dechristinized” are also really poor and suffering. Certain social issues are used to divide people who have something in common. Famously in the south, the issue of race has been used to keep poor blacks and poor white from uniting against the rich, because poor whites will choose racism over their own well being. Sanders is going to try to get people to vote there interests, and so its important to try to get people who normally don’t vote democrat to realize that the only candidate who is honestly suggesting to bring jobs back to the US in a real way, because you can’t be cozy with big business and want to bring jobs back to this country it doesn’t work.
But finally here is the most important thing to remember, the Clintons (and they do work as a team) are old. They are very old in politics, and lets be honest, they have a lot of dirty little secrets as most political high rollers have and there are MANY people who hate the CLintons. And lets be honest with ourselves here, some scandal or gaff is going to come out in the next two years which is going to seriously damage the champaign and once that happens, Bernie needs to be strong enough to take advantage of it and present himself as a reasonable alternative before she can recover
The fact is, this is age of the internet, random people have the power to change political elections…….if you organize. If you focus and take these steps, Bernie has a real shot at office and we can finally have a real liberal in office not one of these centrist dopplegangers.