A lot of people messaged me asking which animal would best fit them; they’ll describe their personality to me and I try to make my best decision. But I am not the one who can choose for you. You have to choose. Here are some characteristics of different pets to possibly help you narrow down and choose which pet would best fit you. (This list does not have every pet and these are not the only pets you can be. Be whatever you want and do whatever you want; no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.)
• BAT: negative, wants people to fear them, isolated, quirky, loves fruit, independent, “vampire-like”, possibly nocturnal
• BIG CAT: certain, stoic, secretly playful, appearance is important (grooming, stance, etc.), authority, elegance, sleek, seduction
• BUNNY: very cuddly, oral fixation, likes to hide under and paw at things, very childish, daydreamer, emotional, ditzy, headbutts others as a form of communication, needs attention
• DRAGON: asks for a lot, is not to be commanded, prideful, doesn’t like collars/restraints, headstrong, stubborn, protective, collects/hoards things
• FAWN: timid, shy, playful, adventurous, silly, klutzy, wary, enjoys being outdoors, better with an owner
• FERRET: fun, bouncy, can annoy others for amusement, equally active and lazy, likes to dig, hides things
• FOX: clever, playful, tricksters, doesn’t mind being around others, curious, fast, enjoys being in small spaces, excitable
• KITTEN: incredibly cuddly most of the time, will occasionally need space, very playful, needs a lot of petting, could get along without an owner but doesn’t want to, lazy with weird bouts of energy, likes to play hunt and pounce, likes toys
• PIG: loves to be coddled, sticks close to others, loves being given snacks, minimizes movement
• PONY: strong, proud, a little bit skittish, gentle, wants to work with others, curious, likes to have a job/responsibility, likes learning, curious
• PUPPY: playful, energetic, enjoys company, affectionate, enjoys physical contact, silly, plays with toys, curious, immature, better with an owner, loyal
• RAT: can be aggressive/feral or friendly and loving, greedy with food/items, likes to test bite/lick their owner, loves on and sleeps on others
• WOLF: independent but uses their pack for safety and comfort, strong, reserved initially, observant, grown-up, smart, self-sufficient, can get along without an owner, follows instincts, pack-mentality
For some people, pet space is an important/enriching part of their routine, but it’s best to not bring out publicly to non consenting folk. Activities like public leash walking or gear wearing can be uncomfortable to others and most importantly, a ❌ non consenting ❌ activity to others just going about their day. I’ve put together this list of discreet, safe ways to enjoy your pet self, no matter where you go. 🐶
🎾 Playing at the park, whether it be throwing a ball or frisbee around, running some trails, sitting in the grass, or playing a good, old game of tag with someone. (Bipedal of course) This is always a great way to be my pup self and use up all that energy in a huge space.
🎀 When it comes to gear, most is very eye catching and well, bdsm looking. A good solution I’ve found for going outside is to transfer my collar tag or charms to a long chain and wear inside my shirt. This way I always feel them close and can hear them jingle. 💕
🐾 When out walking with an owner, alpha, beta, friend, or other partner, instead of a leash, hold paws, or hands! You will still be bound and walking diligently alongside them. This is worrisome with two, um, easily distracted pets though. Be safe!
🎒 Mostly for comfort, I like to carry my favorite, relatively small, toy along with me in my bag. Just knowing it’s close is soothing, I don’t really ever pull it out in public though, but you can put your hand inside the bag to stroke of you wish.
🚗 Taking a long, windy car ride as passenger is always fun! Hop on a highway and roll all the windows down.
🗞 Punishments aren’t necessarily polite things to bring out in public spaces, when I get into trouble my owner/alpha whispers and scolds me or texts me the scolding and later punishment. (I prefer the texting because I’m very uncomfortable by the idea of strangers in my head/kink space) It is usually carried out right when we get home.
🍪 Treats can be carried around and given as usual, usually! Or maybe a more subtle version of it. Most things on this list are.
I’m not sure if this will help anyone, but I wanted to make it just in case! Be safe out there. 🐶✨