- According to a report from Variety, Gal Gadot signed a three-picture deal with Warner Brothers in 2014 to play Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman and Justice League.
- As part of the deal, the actress agreed to a salary of $300,000 for each.
- According to Forbes, Henry Cavill made $14 million for his debut as Superman in Man of Steel, but Vanity Fair reported that Cavill’s $14 million payday includes bonuses for box office performance and isn’t likely for just one film.
- Wonder Woman has raked in some $570 million worldwide.
- The Daily Dot pointed out that Gadot’s seemingly paltry sum isn’t the only instance of a superhero making less than expected.
- The outlet reported that Chris Evans earned the same amount for Captain America, while Walt Disney Studios paid some Avengers stars $500,000.
- An unnamed source “with knowledge of studio negotiations on franchise films” told Vanity Fair on Tuesday that tides could soon be turning in Gadot’s favor.
- “Entry-level actors in franchise films are paid an initial rate,” the source said. “As a franchise takes off, they stand to make more money.”
- The source added that if Gadot’s contract was at all similar to Cavill’s, the actress can expect to be paid “at least as much as he was." Read more (6/20/17 2 PM )
This post was updated at 3:08 PM 6/20/17 to include more information about Cavill’s salary and Gadot’s potential to make more.