Occupy Newark New Jersey is holding its first General assembly meeting Sunday the 23rd at Peter Fransico Park (behind Penn Station) from 3pm thru 6pm.
Can we OcuppytheHood Pleaseeeee?
There isnt much information about what’s happening or who’s coming but it looks like this is going to have the same issue with exclusion and race that we are seeing all over the county.I would love to crash this meeting with a bunch of brown angry revolutionaries FROM the Brickz (Newark).
Caroling at will coz its time to #occupyxmas with #occupywallstreet #ows
CALLING ON ALL OCCUPIERS TO GO “OWS CAROLING”
SEE SONGS BELOW:
DEBT US ALL (sung to the tune of Deck The Halls)
1. Debt us all with bailout follies! Tralalala lalalala! What’s the rea - son to be jolly? Tralalala lalalala! Hundred bucks per barrel of oil! Tralala lalala lalala! Drink the Kool-Aid, Join the Chorus ! tralalala lala lala
2. Bomb we now our latest peril Tralala lalala lalala! Billion bucks a week? no quarrel! Tralalala lala lala! Strike them hard if they’re not for us Tralala lalala lalala! Freedom’s yours if you’re conformist. Tralalala lala lala!
3. See the blazing world before us Tralalala lala lala ! Europe’s crashing, print more dollars Tralala lalala lalala! Constitution’s now in tatters Tralala lalala lalala! End the wars and fund what matters! Tralala lalala lalala!
UNITE YE EVERY CITIZEN (Sung to the tune of “GOD BLESS YE MERRY GENTLEMEN”)
1. There is a house in Washington they call the Cap-i-tol It’s ruining the modern world, let protest flags unfurl. To curb the endless wars they cause, Let citizens unite ! O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
2. My Father was a Senator, he sent in the Marines I asked him when the wars would end . "We’ll squeeze ‘em ‘til they scream” My Uncle was a General, and now he builds their planes. O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight!
3. My Mother worked in Washington, inside the Pentagon She’d add up all the men who died, then add them up again. The General said he saw the truth , but would he tell? O NAY! O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
4. “There’s too much money in this game. Let companies stake their claim.” “My neighbor’s in Afghanistan, A thousand bucks a day” The troops they send to guard his truck die for a lot less pay. O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
5. My brother ran for Congressman, they said: “It costs a lot. You’ll take our money for this race, or else we’ll have you shot.” My sister is a radical, she thinks things can be changed O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
6. They say it’s called Democracy, they let us vote and wail But rich men write the laws you see, the poor just go to jail Now DOD can take you in and THROW AWAY THE KEY. O tidings of civil war tonight. Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
7. There is a House in Washington, a Senate down there too The People can withhold their tax ~ that’s me and you and you! As long as profits rule all else, this country’s goin’ to hell. O tidings of civil war tonight Civil War NOW ! O tidings of civil war tonight.
WALL STREET (Sung to the tune of Silent Night) by John Judge, Carl Chatski, Kim Louth
1. Wa-all Street Where the rich meet All’s not calm All’s not right In the parks, the people abound Human voices protest all around Greed’s disturbing the peace Greed is disturbing the peace
2. Joblessness grows true rate ? Who knows… Where did all – our money go? One percenters say “BAIL OUTS WERE SWELL” While the people have all gone to hell! People, come out and prot-est,
Protest the DOLLAR as King.
SATYAGRAHA HIP HOP
Now, I know you think you tough, But you better keep you distance If you dealin` with a brother Knows Non-Violent Resistance You be braggin` bout you juice, Dissin` everybody, laughing Ha Ha, But you won’t be smiling` long When you run into Satygraha Dr. King he had more power In his one little finger Than whatever you’ll let loose By pullin` on that trigger Now, I really don’t think That you’re getting` the whole pitcha But you’ll know it soon enough, if I get non-violent witcha Violence gets back violence, Always has, every minute, every hour But that cycle’s gonna end When it come up against Truth Power
VIOLENT NIGHTS (sung to the tune of Silent Night)
1. Violent nights, no respite All is bombs, all is fright Sounds of danger to mother and child Birthplace of Jesus is so defiled Wish for heavenly peace Wi-i-ll there ever be peace?
2. Violent nights, no end in sight C'vilians quake at their plight Fires fall down from heaven afar Weapons- makers sing Alleluia ! Peace asunder is torn Will peace come Christmas morn?
OCCUPY! OCCUPY! (Sung to “Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells”)
1. Oh! Occupy! Occupy! That’s the only way Oh what fun it is to tent When you cannot pay the re-e-nt!
2. Occupy! Occupy! from Wall Street to the Fed Screw us, and we’ll multiply We’re in the streets tonight! HEY !