ARI IN IRAQ
From Yazidi temples to a taste of Damascus, here are all of the stories from my two weeks in Northern Iraq.
- This sounds like a story from Hollywood, or the Bible - except it actually happened:
- These men returned to their ruined village to find mass graves:
- Here’s what life is like in a village recently freed from ISIS:
- To Americans in Erbil, the war feels far removed from daily life:
- On top of a mountain, watching ISIS flags flutter in the valley below:
- A taste of Damascus for people who’ve fled Syria’s civil war:
- ISIS is bringing new levels of psychological trauma to people who’ve already lived with war for more than a decade:
- Amid all the stories of destruction, here’s a tale of rebuilding:
- The US has a timeline to liberate Mosul. But is the Iraqi army capable of the job?