1. Qrow is the Scarecrow (always searching for info, or “brains”)
2. Ironwood is the Tin Man (“heartless” and hopeless)
3. Lionheart is the Cowardly Lion (no “courage”, seriously gutless)
And then look at team WTH….
1. Tyrian is the foil of the Scarecrow (the opposite of a mind, “insanity”
2. Hazel is the foil of the Tin Man (though working with evil, seems to have a “heart”)
3. Watts is the Foil if the Cowardly Lion (aloof, “brazen”)
And now, the new generation….
1. Jaune was the Scarecrow (he didn’t know much, had to aquire knowledge and skills, “brains”)
2. Ren was the Cowardly Lion (he was so “scared” as a child it led him to innaction)
3. Nora was the Tin Man (this was in the way that her emotion never really fluctuated. She always maintained a positive demeanor, covering what was in her “heart”)
The thing is, each of JPR have overcome their flaws. Jaune has learned to focus and maintain effort in his training. Ren has learned to center himself and become brave. And Nora has let her mask slip, showing through her true feelings. This is something that it seems the old guard didn’t accomplish, which led to their downfall. I believe that Summer was Dorothy, but their failure led to her death. Ruby is the new Dorothy, and as she overcomes her flaws her team is right beside her to help, support, and guide her as they each meet their goals and discover themselves along the “yellow brick” road.
They’ve now made it to Mistral, or the “Emerald City.” The next step though…..