I f*cking love crossovers.
- The Ravenclaw dorm has an unspoken rule: do not turn off the radio
- Back in 1983, a team off Ravenclaws figured out how to make a radio work in Hogwarts, but something was off
- It only picked up one station: Night Vale Community Radio
- The students didn’t know what to make of it. Was it a fictional station? Was it a real place?
- Regardless, they left it on. They never once turned it off, to this day.
- It’s a morale strengthener and bonding exercise for the Ravenclaws
- Every evening all the Ravenclaws gather in the common room to listen to the American’s sultry voice
- Some of them study, some of them create, some of them just listen silently, but all of them listen
- Eventually, one bright student learns that Night Vale is a real place
- The head of Ravenclaw house has to send them all to bed because of the party
- Many Ravenclaws head to Night Vale after they graduate and are just so happy because Merlin’s beard, it’s real
- All of the other houses are completely baffled by the Ravenclaws
- “What the hell are they talking about?”
- Luna Lovegood, especially, takes a shine to the radio station and brings some of her friends to listen one year.
- Namely, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and Ron
- Obviously, Hermione breaks a little bit
- “Muggle technology can’t work here!” “This is obviously just fiction!” “This can’t be a real place!”
- Ron and Harry work together to stop her and they all listen in rapt attention
- Ginny falls in love with the station, and Harry likes it
- Ron doesn’t buy it
- Hermione is convinced it’s fictional, and that there’s no such place as ‘Night Vale’
- Years later, Luna takes a trip to America after graduation
- And Hermione receives a post card with the words “Welcome to Night Vale” on it and a photo of Luna in front of the sign
- She has to sit down and absorb it
- It’s a tradition for seventh years to tell first years what they need to know about the radio
- Most importantly, not to turn off the radio
- It’s a tradition that still stands today.
- It’s a big reason of why Ravenclaws are the weirdest, wackiest, and most creative house as a whole
(I plan on doing different crossovers with Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin, too, this is just my Ravenclaw pride coming through)
Night vale headcanon: Cecil owns heeleys and enjoys scootin around town