This episode is awesome - it’s super fun and I laughed a lot. You guys might remember that I didn’t love season three - this episode feels much more season one/season two and I’m really happy with it.
1. Four months have passed since Nick & Jess broke up and the gang has spent their summer going to a ton of weddings.
2. One of the guys has his hands full at the latest (and last) wedding - with ladies from previous weddings.
3. Someone literally turns and runs away from a sexual proposition.
4. CeCe gives Jess advice on how to land a guy (Veep’s Reid Scott - I love him. If you don’t watch Veep, remedy your life), but it’s someone else’s advice that she takes. Let’s just say it involves a political figure (there’s a clue here).
5. Yes, there is a moment where Nick and Jess are alone (I know you guys are wondering).
HE DOESN’T LIKE JESS CRYING. HE DOESN’T LIKE PEOPLE BEING CRAPPY TO HER. HE REALLY DOESN’T LIKE GUYS WHO MAKE JESS CRY. IT’S A DICK MOVE. HE’S NOT OKAY FOR A LOT OF REASONS, REALLY. SOMETIMES HE HAS TO LET IT OUT.
I liked this episode a lot more than last week’s. As the picture above shows, the loft mates start to have issues with their cell phone reception due to construction on a neighboring building so they make the decision to get a landline phone.
1. The initial reactions to the old fashioned phone are pretty hilarious and lead to a revelation about one character’s skills.
2. While Jess is having a discussion with Coach and the school nurse about their sexual relationship, she finds out something else about her roommate that makes things worse.
3. The introduction of Julian Morris’ new character is pretty awesome and Coach takes the opportunity to make things awkward for Jess.
4. Nick has way too much fun playing secretary for Schmidt and Winston. They don’t appreciate it, but the audience will because their conference call is one of the highlights of the episode.
5. There’s a deeper meaning behind Nick’s desire to be their secretary and it’s really nice to see a less shallow level to these characters again (at least for me).