“The decision to cancel a season is serious and consequential, and reflects Harvard’s view that both the team’s behavior…run[s] counter to the mutual respect that is a core value of our community,” Harvard President Drew Faust wrote in a statement. Faust also said that there have been initial discussions looking into whether this behavior occurs on other sports teams.
No, punching a neo-Nazi in the face does not make someone “just as bad as them.” Punching someone in the face is NOT equivalent to preaching, practicing, and supporting white supremacy, eugenics, racism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and misogyny. Get your “Hug a Nazi and smother them with love,” bullshit outta here.
know what’s wild? that the trope of like “my father always wanted a son so he treated me, his daughter, like a boy” is so popular and like lowkey loved, but if you ever saw a mother who talked about how much she wanted a daughter instead of a son, or if she treated her son like a girl, like??? people would think she’s awful and that poor boy??
Idea: more fantasy heroines who don't look down on female-coded work
Sword-swinging mercenaries who admire the hell out of their sister-in-law’s delicate, painstaking embroidery. Mages who find their experience with running a household helps them organize and control their magic. Desperate rebels who know they are absolutely dependent on the women who cook and mend and care for the wounded.
I am so bored of heroines who sneer at ‘womanly’ things and complain of the uselessness of embroidery. Your average medieval kingdom wouldn’t last a week without people doing women’s work.
It’s wonderful that the Hamilton cast/audience made their voices and protestheard loud and clear, but ~DO NOT let itdistract or misdirect~ from the real issues and horrors that Trump and his administration are HOPING YOU’LL MISS or FORGET ABOUT.
According to exit polls, 53% of white women, many of them college-educated and many of them young, chose Trump. In doing so, they didn’t just turn their backs on the opposing candidate; they stood on the backs of others — people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ people — to maintain a social order in which they too are second-class citizens. Feminist writer Ariel Levy has a blunt, 3-word term for these women.
We are human beings fully formed and deserve to have the same rights as someone who doesn’t want to donate organs. WE ARE MORE THAN HOSTS YOU MISOGYNIST IDIOTS!!!! WE ARE MORE THAN INCUBATORS FOR YOUR SEX!!!!
things tumblr needs to stop thinking are good, cool or constructive
- looking for things to be offended by
- glorifying certain demographics
- vilifying other demographics
- throwing around words such as ableist, sexist, transphobic, etc like confetti to the point where they are becoming meaningless (much to the harm of victims of actual hatred)
- self victimization
- policing people’s language
- throwing tantrums over fictional characters not representing demographics you like
- pretty much reducing people to small aspects of their identity
- doxxing and bullying people who disagree with you
- conflating gender with personality traits or clothing style
- pretending that obesity is not a bad thing
- prioritizing hurt feelings over everything else
- pretending that you strive for equality when really you strive for special treatment