Sorry Not Sorry - details on Big Sean, Lea Michele & Glee
- There’s a lot of mentions in the Glee portion about what things were like when they’d hang out in the earlier seasons after work and the parties they’d go to and whatnot. Kevin being a goof, Heather dancing around in her underwear, etc.
- With Big Sean It started off good but it slowly deteriorated as time went on. He sorta asked her if she wanted to get married while they were laying around, and he told his fam that they were engaged, and then eventually gave a real proposal. But nothing was working. They were fighting like crazy and when Cory died, he was basically like “damn that sucks” and went back to sleep. She was wedding planning and he wouldn’t help, he wouldn’t even give her a guest list of people he wanted there. He was useless. At one point they were fighting and he was home in LA after travelling for a bit and he didn’t wanna see her, so she was like “well I have a key, so.” And she went and found Ariana Grande hanging out sitting on the couch. They went to couples therapy, and basically she said it wasn’t working. He stole the Rolex he’d given her and when she called him out he claimed he was getting it rewound. It was just so messy and then she found out that the wedding was 100% off via the internet. And then there was the stuff with IDFWY.
- Her part about Cory is really sweet. The two of them were really close, and she talked about what a good guy he was. They had a very brother/sister like relationship. She talked about how devastating it was to get a call in the middle of the night about him no longer being alive. But she believed that God must have had a plan, even though she didn’t understand it.
- The Quarterback was really hard for everybody. Everyone was just bawling. And people were still mourning off screen, it made it really hard to do in character. Santana having a big part was sort of the writers’ way of acknowledging Naya’s friendship with Cory, and because Lea wasn’t in any place to take the lead in that episode, she was the next choice. Mike O’Malley wrote her a note telling her that he thought people on set looked up to her and that she had to try and be extra strong to help pull everyone through it.
- There’s a whole section about Mark and her awful relationship with him.
- In a segment of the book, she didn’t name Lea by name. However, there are several things pointing to her, because of things said in other parts of the book about how they were not friends and she didn’t really like her. Given her closeness to the rest of the cast, and given who was actually prominent in that episode, talking about a friend by going “… one particular Glee star to amp up her bitch factor.” doesn’t really seem likely when there’s one person that she’s named earlier on that she had a bad relationship with. She mentions how they absolutely couldn’t do the scene without this person, and the producer said it wasn’t them who spread the rumors, and she claims “it sounded like there was a giant, blinking arrow point right at a certain person. so I guess you can throw a bitch fit, lock yourself in your trailer, and stall production, yet still allegedly find the time to leak stories to the press.”
- During the episode Chris wrote with the old people and the dogs, Lea was pulling a diva fit about everything and eventually was locking herself in her trailer. And Naya was ready for them to do a diner scene and she was on her mark with her lines ready and nobody else was, and one of the producers was just chilling on a diner stool and she went up to him and was like “Where’s the rest of the scene? Aren’t going to do anything about this?” and he freaked out and started yelling at her in front of everybody and was was like “I’ve been doing this job for 6 years!” And she was like “Yeah, badly.”
- She wasn’t in the next episode but they mended things during the summer hiatus that year when all the rumors were out about how she was fired. The producers told her that the rumors didn’t stem from them though, and Naya said the rumors were the first she had heard about her getting “fired.”
- She thought he was really cute back in 2009. She wanted him to like her. He asked her out in October. His car was a piece of trash and he was smoking weed in front of her after she declined his offer to do it too. The went to In-N-Out drive through for dinner. He was high, but the date wasn’t bad, and they ended the night with a hug. They kissed the first time the night Obama was elected, he called her to come celebrate at a bar. They became bf/gf after that and he told her he loved her four weeks into hanging out, but he was high on ecstasy. She split the ecstasy pill with him after he convinced her to do it with him. So he was high as a kite and happy and she didn’t feel much. They dated on and off for 3 years, and it was either really on, or really off. His publicist wanted him to pretend not to have a girlfriend. She said she loved fighting with him, that she was addicted to the drama. He was really moody, and she would push his buttons
- She didn’t key Mark’s car, she threw sludge on it