Cela sera poulet à midi, ça fera juste que la troisième fois cette semaine! Et cette nuit, c'était “Talke This Waltz” (image ci-dessus) un magnifique film de Sarah Polley, une sorte de comédie romantique mélancolique
The 75th Annual Golden Globes aired live on Sunday, and all of Hollywood came out in high fashion. Many stars and nominees opted for all black ensembles, a color chosen as a symbol to raise awareness of gender and racial inequality. The style statement specifically garnered support for a group called Time’s Up, an anti-sexual harassment group formed in the midst of the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse allegations in October 2017. The purpose of Time’s Up is to advocate for “legislation to curtail workplace harassment across industries and seeking gender parity at various entertainment companies,” according to a report by CNN. High ranking and grassroots activists joined many of the nominees on the red carpet alike in a showing of recognition and support for their efforts.
There were also two big moments for black people:
Sterling K. Brown winning Best Lead Actor in a TV Drama category for his role in This Is Us, the first black male actor to do so
Oprah winning the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award (and made a badass acceptance speech too)
In 2018, we are still breaking down barriers. But with each win, we come closer to our goal of equality and recognition of our talents. With that being said, could “Oprah 2020” on the horizon? Only time will tell.
As I watched the live tweets and news updates from the show, I loved seeing the diversity in the style choices of this year’s nominees. Gowns, tuxes, and natural hair, oh my! Click through the gallery for some of my favorite ensembles.
These were my favorite songs of 2017, whether they were released in 2017 or not. These were just all of the songs I listened to on repeat at some point in the year.
1. When It’s Over - Sugar Ray
2. Beach Bones (feat. Ryan Ross) - More Amore
If it isn’t obvious, I’m a bit of a panic fan and I was super happy to rediscover this song.
3. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
4. C’Mon - Panic! At The Disco
I apologize in advance for all of the panic songs to come
5. If You Like It Or Not - The Brobecks
6. Lights Down Low - MAX ft. gnash
7. Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
8. 1985 - Bowling For Soup
9. Closing Time - Semisonic
10. I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You) - Fall Out Boy
11. Love is Alive - Lea Michele
Check out her new album “Places”. It’s amazing!
12. Nearly Witches [Ever Since We Met…] - Panic! At The Disco
13. Good Morning - Grouplove
14. We Don’t Believe What’s On TV - Twenty One Pilots
15. Take A Vacation! - The Young Veins
16. The Exit [feat. Brendon Urie and Dan Young] - Forgive Durden
I LOVE this album and everyone should check it out! It’s called “Razia’s Shadow: A Musical” and the whole idea behind it is amazing.
17. Time to Dance - Live in Chicago - Panic! At The Disco
18. She’s A Handsome Woman - Panic! At The Disco
19. She Had The World - Panic! At The Disco
20. The Calendar - Panic! At The Disco
21. Ready to Go [Get Me Out Of My Mind] - Panic! At The Disco
22. How Far I’ll Go - From “Moana” - Alessia Cara
23. Heathens - Twenty One Pilots
24. I Don’t Care - Fall Out Boy
25. That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed) - Panic! At The Disco
26. Polarize - Twenty One Pilots
27. Where Did The Party Go - Fall Out Boy
28. Cold Cold Cold - Cage The Elephant
29. The Sound of Silence - Disturbed
30. Whataya Want from Me - Adam Lambert
I’m not 100% where this one came from but I enjoyed the little phase of listening to this on repeat for like two weeks.
31. Good News - Ocean Park Standoff
32. American Candy - The Maine
33. Blackout - Breathe Carolina
34. Wherever You Go - Sublime With Rome
35. Meant to Live - Switchfoot
36. Tonight You’re Perfect - New Politics
37. Come Hang Out - AJR
10/10 recommend their newest album “The Click”. I love it and know almost all of the words to every song on it. Plus, they’re the ultimate car jams. My friends and I listened to this album on so many road trips this summer.
38. Two Fux - Adam Lambert
39. House Of Memories - Panic! At The Disco
Bet you thought you’d seen the last of panic.
40. Impossible Year - Panic! At The Disco
41. Folkin’ Around - Live in Chicago - Panic! At The Disco
42. Vegas Lights - Panic! At The Disco
43. Trade Mistakes - Panic! At The Disco
44. 20 Dollar Nose Bleed - Fall Out Boy
45. Champion - Fall Out Boy
I’M SO EXCITED FOR M A N I A OKAY
46. The Good Part - AJR
47. Overture - AJR
48. Sweat - The All-American Rejects
49. One More Weekend - Audien ft. MAX
50. Big Shot - Billy Joel
So I got to see Billy Joel live at Madison Square Garden in April with my best friend/basically sister and it was amazing. We had such a good time and he is amazing live!
51. Love in the Middle of a Firefight
Jeebo. That is all.
52. All Of The Drugs - The Brobecks
53. Change - Christina Aguilera
54. Hurt - Christina Aguilera
55. Castle on the Hill - Ed Sheehan
56. It Remembers - Every Time I Die
Brendon Urie and hardcore/metalcore together? Sign me up!
57. Modern Day Cain - I DON’T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME
58. Say You Won’t Let Go - James Arthur
59. All These Things That I’ve Done - The Killers
60. Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse
61. Run - The Maine
62. Feelings - Maroon 5
63. 50 Feet Tall - New Politics
64. Step One - Kinky Boots
So… I got to see Brendon Urie on broadway in Kinky Boots as Charlie Price and my life is complete. I SAW HIM IN PERSON AT THE STAGE DOOR GUYS. He’s did amazing on broadway and I can’t wait to see if he ever does another show!!
65. The History of Wrong Guys - Kinky Boots
66. Not My Father’s Son - Kinky Boots
67. Soul of a Man - Kinky Boots
68. Raise You Up/Just Be - Kinky Boots
69. Hard Times - Paramore
70. Do You Still Feel? (feat. MAX) - Rain Man
71. Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
72. The Judge - Twenty One Pilots
73. Hometown - Twenty One Pilots
74. Do Your Own Thing - Bring It On: The Musical
Taylor. Louderman. That is all.
75. Something Isn’t Right Here - Bring It On: The Musical
76. What About Us - P!nk
77. Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes - Fall Out Boy
78. (Coffee’s For Closers) - Fall Out Boy
79. Grow Up - Paramore
80. U + Ur Hand - P!nk
81. Don’t You Want Me (Glee Cast Version) - Glee Cast
Okay so fair warning: Glee is my favorite TV Show and Darren Criss is one of my favorite people to exist. There will be more of both..
82. Colors - Halsey
83. Sign of the Times - Harry Styles
84. Lonely No More - Rob Thomas
85. Bohemian Rhapsody - Panic! At The Disco
86. The Kids Aren’t Alright - Fall Out Boy
87. Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet - Fall Out Boy
88. The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy
89. Jealousy - Darren Criss
90. Every Single Night - Computer Games
HIGHLY RECOMMEND this EP because it’s so amazing and Darren and his brother did a great job on it! Definitely one of my all time favorite EP’s.
I’m so happy Jordan won DWTS!! He did so amazing with Lindsay.
107. Small Cuts - The Brobecks
108. A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More “Touch Me” - Fall Out Boy
109. Happily Ever After - Jordan Fisher, Angie Keilhauer
110. Why - Mark Ballas
111. Ignorance - Paramore
112. Choke - I DON’T HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME
I’m so sad that Dallon left Panic but I’m so excited for his new music! All of his music has been great and I’m super excited to see what he has in store for us!
SO THAT’S IT! If you managed to get to the end of this list, props to you. See you next year for another list. Until then, enjoy all of my reposts of panic, glee and whatever else I’m obsessed with and the occasional actual post from me.