ten essential products I live by!! otherwise known as my glow kit!!
1) The Body Shop Seaweed Clay Mask- this mask is my one and only!!! I use this once a week and it always deep cleans my skin to a perfect amount and doesn’t leave my skin feeling too dry!! (always follow up with moisturizer though!!)
2) Maybelline Clear Great Lash Mascara- I have been obsessed with clear mascara for about a year now for my lashes and brows!! I use it on my brows daily and it is a perfect prep for mascara, clump-free mascara every time!! might even be my favourite product out of all of them!
3) Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry- I don’t wear lip colour very often but when I do, it’s this one. I have multiple of the Revlon matte balms but this is my favourite colour, it’s a sort of dark mauve-y pink and I love it :-)
4) Bene-tint for Lips and Cheeks- !!! A must if you are a minimal makeup gal like me! gives a lil flush to those cheekies and lips! plus it smells like a fresh bouquet of roses…. so…
5) Celestial Moisturizer from Lush- I have been using this moisturizer for almost 3 years now and I don’t think I’ll ever turn back to a different night moisturizer!! my skin loves me because I treat it to this delicious moisturizer on the daily :-) I have acne prone, oily skin and this doesn’t over hydrate, make me break out, or ANYTHING!! it’s just an incredibly gentle and hydrating moisturizer :-) highly suggest
6) Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs- I LOV dis mainly because it’s a rollerball and those are just the handiest little friends. The scent is so light and yummy, just reminds me of good times so I think that is why I like it so much.
7) The Body Shop Vanilla Perfume Oil- heck!!!! I LOVE genuine vanilla scents. And this smells incredible and reacts incredibly well with my skin, as my neck heats up this creates a nutty vanilla smell and it’s so nice!! I love this so much, and it’s hecking discontinued so I am sad….
8) Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions mascara- rarely ever wear mascara these days but when I do this mascara never lets me down :-) classic extra black mascara
9) Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm- I always have at least two of these on me at all times!! hydrating and smells so minty and yummy!! I love these so much.
10) The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil- great for spot treatment or even making your own toner by mixing a few drops of this with warm water!! This is my third bottle this year! I also love to do steam treatments with hot water, drops of this oil and a towel over my head!!
If any of u guys have any inquiries abt any of these products or anything else, don’t be a stranger :-)
Are you ready for super dark lids and a bright orange lip?
The eye look is pretty much a solid black, with hints of chocolate around the edges, and that orange is REALLY orange, so it’s not for you if you aren’t ready for strong makeup!
But of course, feel free to switch out the lip color for any other bright shade you like!
It WILL work for girls with glasses, because your frames and lenses make it a lot less dramatic looking, so technically you can get away with a LOT more eye makeup, since subtle looks are not very noticeable. Just take it easy on the mascara so your lashes don’t push up against your glasses too much. (The look is so dark you won’t need big lashes anyway.)
Base: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All-in-1 Perfecting Cream SPF 21 (testing this one out; it’s great for oilier skins!)
Concealer: Make Up Store Cover All Mix
Powder: ClearLast powder in Matte Ochre
Blush: NYX Cinnamon blush
Eye Kajal: Shahnaz Hussain Kajal (I bought this stick kajal off eBay from India. Try VDL’s Eye Bomb Mega Smoky Pencil or a kajal from Bourjois. That, or even black gel liner from a pot!)
2 Dark brown shadows in one cool and one warm tone: NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Cordura
Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black
Orange lipcolor: OCC Lip Tar in Beta
Last tip: If you have oily lids, pack a matte black shadow over the black portions of the lid so your kajal doesn’t smudge or crease.
How to Prep Your Lashes For Mascara & Get The Most Out Of Your Natural Lashes
Everyone wants super long lashes but unfortunately without the help of false lashes and extensions they can be difficult to achieve. Rather than messing around with false lashes, glue and tears of frustration try using these tips to prep your lashes for mascara and get naturally long, thick looking lashes.
Step 1. Start by tightling your eyes (dotting in-between your lashes with an eyeliner)
Step 2. Curl your lashes, start by curling at the base of the lashes, squeezing, then moving to the middle of the lashes, squeezing and then out o the very tip sand squeezing. This will give lashes the most lift.
Step 3. Wiggle a lash primer through the base of your lashes and continue wiggling it to the tips.
Step 4. Once the first coat of lash primer has dried, apply another coat.
Step 5. Ensuring that your second coat of lash primer has dried, coat the lashes with a good mascara. Try angling the outer corner lashes outwards, the middle lashes upwards and the inner corner lashes inwards for a full “fan” effect.
Step 6. Now move onto the lower lashes, start defining them by wiggling a clear mascara through the lower lashes, this will help enhance their length making them ready for mascara.
Step 7. Finish by applying mascara to your lower lashes using a simple “stamp” technique once the clear mascara has dried. Whether you choose to use your regular mascara or one with a smaller wand is up to you. As the lashes have already been defined you do not need to wiggle the mascara wand.
[Requested[ Sultry Look with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and Sweetheart Blushes
I got a request to do a sultrier look using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette as most of the looks around were softer day looks.
It’s actually not hard to do stronger looks with this palette, even though the shades aren’t particularly dark. That’s because many of these shades are high-shine, dramatically metallic ones, which can really give a look plenty of drama without necessarily needing to be all dark and smoky.
I used 4 shades marked out in the image above, and if you are not able to get hold of this palette, you just need to look out for similar shades.
Base: Dior Nude liquid foundation 021
Concealer: MAC Studio Moisture Cover
Setting Powder: Guerlain Meteorites 03 Medium
Blush (base): Too Faced Sweetheart Blush in Peach Beach all over the cheeks and brow bones
Blush (pop): Too Faced Sweetheart blush in Something About Berry
Brows: Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 in Grey
Eyeshadows: Too Faced chocolate Bar palette
Eyeliner: NYX Skinny Brown Liner
Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Blackest Black
I love the makeup in the campaign visuals for Estee Lauder’s Modern Muse perfume.
So I did my own version of the smoky winged eye look. It’s a smoky look where the eye color is concentrated within the lid area and gently smoked out into a short wings at the outer corners. It’s very quick to do and when you don’t have time, you can use a single dark brown shadow to fill in the lids, define with black liner, and be out the door in 10 minutes.
In fact that’s what I wore for the latter part of my 2-week trip to the US.
This gives a slightly cleaner and more girly look; a bit Brigitte Bardot-esque.
Dior Diorskin Nude Makeup 021
L'oreal Visible Lift Blur Concealer - I really like this for quick under-eye brightening; there’s not enough coverage for blemishes but it’s great at evening out the skin
Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette
Urban Decay Zero liner
Maybelline Great Lash Real Impact mascara
NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette - Deep Throat blush and Laguna bronzer for contouring
Cle de Peau Beauté Extra Rich lipstick in 106 - a tawny rose beige that’s rosier than a true nude
A closer look at the NARS Cheek Palette in tomorrow’s post!
Rimmel London Stay Matte liquid matte foundation in 010 Light Porcelain
BareMinerals Original Foundation in Fair
BareMinerals Full Flawless Face brush
BareMinerals Flawless Face brush
BareMinerals Max Coverage Concealer Brush
BareMineral’s Eyecolors in Soul, Queen Phyllis, Supernova, and Drama, respectively
E.L.F. Professional Blending Eye brush, BareMinerals Precision Eye brush, and E.L.F. Small Angled brush
Stila Liquid Liner in Intense Black and BareMinerals Round The Clock waterproof pencil liner in Midnight
Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast mascara
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Vaseline Lip Therapy
Rimmel London Kate Moss lipsticks in 06 and 10, Makeup Forever lipstick in N6, and Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Visionary
if there are any questions about how i use/like these products, just shoot me an ask! i’ve built up this collection for a long time now, so don’t feel intimidated or overwhelmed by the amount of products or their prices!! i’m also VERY pale, so the foundations are going to be extremely light btw