what are your favourite movies, books and tv shows?
Oooooh, I have been waiting for this question!
The Alchymist - Paulo Coelho
The Brain That Changes itself - Norman Doidge
Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind - Yuval Harari
The Long Way to A Small Angry Planet - Becky Chambers
Game of Thrones
Cosmos: a Space Time Odyssey
Rick and Morty
I’m a huge movie lover, so the movie list is long:
The handmaiden (2016). This is currently my favourite movie. The story is amazing, the plot twists are really good, the characters are interesting, and the imagery is breath taking. I have never seen a move this close to perfection.
The Shining (1980)
The Social Network (2010)
500 Days of Summer (2009)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Treasure Planet (2002)
The Iron Giant (1999)
American Psycho (2000)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Life of Brian (1979)
The Harry Potter movies. The first movie came out when I was 6, and the last when I was 16, so Harry Potter has been a huge part of my childhood.
“I never enjoy anything. I’m always waiting for whatever’s next. I think everyone’s like that…living life in fast forward, never stopping to enjoy the moment, too busy trying to rush through everything, so we can get on with what we’re really supposed to be doing with our lives.”
Boyz N Da Hood
Menace II Society
Do The Right Thing
Love & Basketball
How Stella Got Her Groove Back
Coming To America
Don’t Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In the Hood
Set It Off
Lean On Me
What’s Love Got To Do With It
Lady Sings The Blues
Waiting To Exhale
The underrated but actually better than all the previously mentioned Black classics in cinema:
Why Did I Get Married
The Five Heartbeats
Above The Rim
House Party 3
In Too Deep
Akeelah & The Bee
New Jersey Drive
He Got Game
Thin Line Between Love And Hate
The hilariously overrated Black classics in cinema:
EVERY OTHER TYLER PERRY MOVIE
You Got Stomped On The Drumline
Vampire In Brooklyn
Tales From the Hood
Get Rich Or Die Tryin
Hustle & Flow
Feel free to categorize and add any I missed…
…and I’m blocking anybody that mentions Big Mama’s House and/or Soul Plane
Makoto Shinkai’s newest film Your Name. is #1 in the Japanese box office for the 3rd week in a row—and now it’s currently ranked as MyAnimeList’s #1 anime of ALL TIME. If you had the privilege of seeing it at Anime Expo, what did you think?
• Share a coffee with me at a coffee shop
• Laugh with me at the movie theatre
• Hold my hand or hug me when I jump during a scary movie
• Go to a party with me
• Have fun eating with me at a cheesy diner, like Steak and Shake
• Take a drive around town with me, listening to music
• Cuddle in bed with me while we watch some show on Netflix
• Play a round of pool with me
• Swim with me
• Order take out with me
• Go bowling with me
• Make out with me while we listen to music
• Play a video game with me
• Go hiking with me
• Sit in a car and listen to music while just talking about our lives
• Lay a blanket out at night and watch the stars together
• Lay a blanket out at day and enjoy a picnic together
• Go jogging together
• Go ice skating together
• Go rollerblading together
• Just lay in bed and nap with me
• Let me lay on your lap while you play a sports game or a shooting game
• Go to dinner with our friends
• Or have a romantic dinner out with just me
• Make dinner with me!
• Play some board games together
• Park by the lake and watch the sunset
• Watch the sunset and hang out with me so long that we get to watch the sunrise together too
• Make a list of every possible place to make out and then cross them all off as we go
• Snapchat each other our ugliest photos from right next to each other
• Go dancing in the rain with me
• Make each other breakfast in bed
• Go to the fair with me
• Browse the stores in the mall or any other stores nearby
• Take me to a library and watch me freak out over so many books
• Tell me your whole life story anywhere you want, as long as you want
I could see all the way to giant country, I could see the garden BFG was growing. He had fruits and berries, cauliflower and tomatoes. He refused to have Brussels sprouts, though, but snascombers were still growing beside his cottage. How else would he make frobscuttel? He was happy. and I was happy.
Seventeen-year-old Anne just fell in love with Sasha, the most popular girl at her LA public high school. But when Anne tells her best friend Clifton - who has always harbored a secret crush - he does his best to get in the way.
A remote fishing village in Iceland. Teenage boys Thor and Christian experience a turbulent summer as one tries to win the heart of a girl while the other discovers new feelings toward his best friend. When summer ends and the harsh nature of Iceland takes back its rights, it’s time to leave the playground and face adulthood.
Seventeen year old Miklós Varga’s plans to escape his migrant family and run away with his best friend Dan are crushed by the accidental death of his older brother Tomi. Only Mik knows the events that led to this tragedy, and he is suddenly forced to navigate his guilt and explosive sexuality to find the man he can become.
1930s Korea, in the period of Japanese occupation, a new girl (Sookee) is hired as a handmaiden to a Japanese heiress (Hideko) who lives a secluded life on a large countryside estate with her domineering Uncle (Kouzuki). But the maid has a secret. She is a pickpocket recruited by a swindler posing as a Japanese Count to help him seduce the Lady to elope with him, rob her of her fortune, and lock her up in a madhouse. The plan seems to proceed according to plan until Sookee and Hideko discover some unexpected emotions.
Damien lives with his mother Marianne, a doctor, while his father is on a tour of duty abroad. He is bullied by Thomas, whose mother is ill. The boys find themselves living together when Marianne invites Thomas to come and stay with them.
After discovering the truth about being stolen by the woman he thought was his mother as a child, Pierre (AKA Felipe) must deal with the consequences of his mother’s actions and must try to cope with his biological family.
A young street musician girl must conquer her own fears and ghosts from the past, including the social influences of Ukraine, where she has grown up, in order to admit her feelings for a beautiful deaf-mute girl.
A timeless story of human connection and self-discovery, Moonlight chronicles the life of a young black man from childhood to adulthood as he struggles to find his place in the world while growing up in a rough neighborhood of Miami.