Pics from Sherlocked pt 2 of 2 - Hair & Make-up mood boards for the special - Benedict in a rain cap is the most precious thing ever! They tried giving Fatcroft a curly wig to match sherlock, but it really didn’t work! -
(pt 1 here)
1. For the base of the wig I used an Umi Sonoda wig from Lucaille. I had originally purchased this wig with the intent of using it for Umi, but when it arrived I realized the color wasn’t the best for her and would work much better for Marinette.
2. Around Easter I found some cardboard paper mâché eggs at A.C. Moore that I thought were the perfect shape for Marinette’s pigtails.
3. I painted the eggs navy blue to match the wig and cut holes in the bottom.
4. I cut the wig to a more manageable length, saving all cut fibers to be used later on the pigtails. I then sectioned the wig into two pigtails before gluing the eggs in place over the pigtails.
5. I made little wefts out of the cut fibers by taking little bunches of fiber and hot-gluing the ends.
6. I glued the wefts onto the eggs
7. Using Got2B and tacky glue I styled the puffs into shape.
I HAVE NOT been able to get this makeup out of my head for like two days, so I had to try it. Of course I had NO matching wig at home, so I took my Buggy wig and hair-pinned it to death haha (got a gorgeous, long braid hidden behind my neck LOL).
Now, Handsome Jack’s razor sharp face is sortof AS FAR from my own soft face as you can possibly get, which is why I’m not kidding you when I say this makeup took almost three hours to make. BY FAR the most difficult makeup I’ve done in a real long time, and I’m REALLY far from as satisfied with it as I would have wanted. But there’s only so much you can do when you have a different facial structure :S Will go with harder contouring and sharper edges next time, but hey it’s my first time, please be nice 3
so a random wig company (matchwigs, i believe?) was using a photo of me as captain america to advertise one of their products. apparently they’ve done it to a bunch of other people too and are in a lot of trouble now.
but the funny thing is i’m not even wearing a wig in the picture they used??