I’ll be totally honest with you: this has been extremely upsetting. There’s an awful lot of people who don’t agree with the BDS movement, including us. I don’t agree with the cultural ban at all, along with J.K. Rowling, Noam Chomsky and a long list of others.There are people I admire [who have been critical of the concert] like [English film director] Ken Loach, who I would never dream of telling where to work or what to do or think. The kind of dialogue that they want to engage in is one that’s black or white. I have a problem with that. It’s deeply distressing that they choose to, rather than engage with us personally, throw shit at us in public. It’s deeply disrespectful to assume that we’re either being misinformed or that we’re so retarded we can’t make these decisions ourselves. I thought it was patronizing in the extreme. It’s offensive and I just can’t understand why going to play a rock show or going to lecture at a university [is a problem to them].
The university thing is more of a head fuck for me. It’s like, really? You can’t go talk to other people who want to learn stuff in another country? Really? The one place where you need to be free to express everything you possibly can. You want to tell these people you can’t do that? And you think that’s gonna help?
The person who knows most about these things is [Radiohead guitarist] Jonny [Greenwood]. He has both Palestinian and Israeli friends and a wife who’s an Arab Jew. All these people to stand there at a distance throwing stuff at us, waving flags, saying, “You don’t know anything about it!” Imagine how offensive that is for Jonny. And imagine how upsetting that it’s been to have this out there. Just to assume that we know nothing about this. Just to throw the word “apartheid” around and think that’s enough. It’s fucking weird. It’s such an extraordinary waste of energy. Energy that could be used in a more positive way.
This is the first time I’ve said anything about it. Part of me wants to say nothing because anything I say cooks up a fire from embers. But at the same time, if you want me to be honest, yeah, it’s really upsetting that artists I respect think we are not capable of making a moral decision ourselves after all these years. They talk down to us and I just find it mind-boggling that they think they have the right to do that. It’s extraordinary.
Imagine how this has affected me and Nigel’s relationship. Thanks, Roger. I mean, we’re best mates for life, but it’s like, fuck me, really?
[Godrich responds: “I don’t believe in cultural boycotts. I don’t think they’re positive, ever. And actually, I think that it’s true to say that the people you’d be denying [the music] are the people who would agree with you and don’t necessarily agree with their government. So it’s not a good idea. Thom and Roger are two peas in a pod, really, in certain respects. They just have a disagreement about this, but they’ve never even met. I think Thom feels very protective of Jonny, which I completely get. But I’m not in the middle of Thom and Roger. Fucking hell, I wouldn’t like to be in the middle of those two. No.]
All of this creates divisive energy. You’re not bringing people together. You’re not encouraging dialogue or a sense of understanding. Now if you’re talking about trying to make things progress in any society, if you create division, what do you get? You get fucking Theresa May. You get [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu, you get fucking Trump. That’s divisive.
OKAY idk how there’s 400+ of you following this blog ( which tbh was a saved url ) became something MUCH , MUCHmore !! i cannot express how much this means to me , as a first - timer in the roleplay community , i feel so LOVED&&SUPPORTED , this past month in the start of APRIL , i was certain that Eui-Tae wouldn’t be accepted , yet, you guys with kind hearts OPENED up and I cannot express how gracious I am . I don’t even know what to say !! i’m so thankful for all of you , and even if we interacted / not interacted , i’ll still hold you all so dearly , truly … I’M TOUCHED! anyways , onto the BIAS LIST first ! ( of course , it’s not in order ! )
YOONGI, NAMJOON AND JUNGKOOK ARE THE SAME MBTI TYPE AS ME AND IM FUCKING DYING THREE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE I ADMIRE GO STRAIGHT TO THE LIST OF INFP PEOPLE I LOVE AND LOOK UP TO IM SO HAPPY I SHARE THIS TRAITS WITH THEM
I was not expecting to get THIS FAR IN SUCH A SHORT TIME PERIOD SKDAKS. but ahhh!! thank you all so so very much ! <3 making this blog was such a pleasure , and this community is already such a friendly and beautiful one. i made this blog about a month ago and i didn’t expect to have so many followers thrown at my face dklafj;skfsd. I wanted to show my thanks!! denki is a rlly good boy , and hopefully with this blog I can convince more to think the same. BUT OFC, I WOULDn’T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE THIS LOVELY POST WITHOUT YOU!!!!so here’s my list of people i hold close on tumblr, along side admire so deeply enough to be following you~
MY SIDE-KICKS: ( not in order of who i love, cause i’m love all these all-star’s equally. )
“Wonder Woman, she’s amazing! I love everything that she represents and everything that she stands for. She’s all about love and compassion and truth and justice and equality, and she’s a whole lot of woman.”
believe this blog is ONE YEAR OLD?? Cause I can’t, I didn’t expect it to last
more than a week lol, and yet, here it is. Here I am. Playing Cisco has turned out
to be so much fun and this, in general, must be one of the best and most
welcoming rp communities I have had the pleasure of being a part of. I feel
like I’ve gained so much experience and confidence, but the best part has been
meeting all the amazing people! I’m grateful for everyone who decided to follow
or interact with me. THANK YOU. You’re simply the best, I hope to write with
the cut is a list of people I admire from afar/write with/love <3
clueless . guys . guys . guys . i haven’t done this in a while , so let me just say a huge THANK YOU to everyone i follow / who follows me ————- honestly , tumblr’s been such a place for me , for my writing . it’s a hellhole , yeah , but i’ve met such amazing people on this site that i don’t think i’ll be leaving soon . anyways i hit my biggest milestone to date & i’m pretty excited . this is my third time playing nancy & i’ve never played her for long , or met so many wonderful people . so yeah , this is the ol’ bias list , where i’m gonna list people i love & admire below : ( if i didn’t add you , i’m super sorry ! )
“It was only after university that I said to myself that I had to take a risk and have a serious go at acting. It’s such a bizarre profession, because you have to be totally tough to deal with all those times when you’re being turned down, and then really soft in order to access your character’s emotions.”
Oh! Hey anon - basically, the people I talk to a lot of the times on here. Oh boy, this is going to be kind of long but here we go!
In no specific order;
- @choicesmyway. Even though she’s pretty much inactive now, she’s the first person I really connected with. She’s pretty much my tumblr bestie and we talk a lot outside of tumblr too. We share similar reservations about things and I think our mutual love for Zig was what brought us together LOL. She’s given a lot of writing advice and personal advice too. I can’t imagine us not talking. Even when we disagree we can still find common ground.
- @lanapowellblog What can I say? Lana’s pretty much my twin despite the tiny fact that I’m older. MY TWIN I TELL YOU. We’re so similar in a lot of ways, in a lot of clumsy and forgetful ways ;). Her feedback usually brings a smile on my face, and I’m usually touched by it. We always have a blast chatting to each other and never run out of things to talk about! She’s pretty awesome and wordly in the sense that she’s traveled a lot and I love that she can share those bits with me. She’s currently sort of teaching me a lot of things including juggling other languages and art and I’m her personal cheerleader! She’s also a crazy talented artist!
- @hollyashton There’s so much I admire about Holly, her tenacity, the fact that she’s always so strong even in the adversity of anon-hate. The fact that she’s one of the best writers I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing..basically Holly is an all around great person lol and she’s kind of indirectly one of the reasons why I started writing fanfics. She’s really sweet and really humble too! Plus I always wait for her feedback/approval in the shadows like a creep.
- @kara-choices Kara’s pretty fun. She’s super witty. Sometimes I go to her for writing advice because she’s pretty spot on for things I’m looking for. She’s also really hilarious in a laugh out loud kind of way. Plus we talk about a lot other things non-related to choices. And she’s got quite a way with words - I’m seriously waiting for her to write fanfiction.
- @molliartsie She’s so adorable and sweet! We bond over OCs with tragic back stories, and our esteemed love of FE characters - like pepper pot and Xander. She’s also into a lot 1920s subculture and fashion which I completely adore too! We also gush over our mutual love of otomes.And gosh her art is just so damn amazing, y’all should really commission her if you ever get the chance. Trust me, you will not regret it.
- @storiesbehindyoureyes We talk a lot about writing and our personal beliefs, and of course playchoices related content. She’s really sweet and fun to talk to! We find a lot of things to talk about that aren’t even about playchoices. Some of it heavy, and some of it’s light. She’s pretty good for finding the right amount of words and emotional connection for her fanfics. She’s also very sweet and easy to talk to.
- @kaitloyalist One of the coolest people I’ve had the chance of meeting on here. We’ve been talking a lot recently so I feel like I’m confident to enough to put her on my list LOL. She has really fun interests and I’m enjoying getting to know her better!
- @punexpectedly Our mutual love for writing, Nancy Drew and sims binds us together. Her aesthetics are so good and I really adore the way she writes! It’s so beautifully tragic and fills my chest with so many foreign feelings. Charlene, you’re honestly just such a cool person and your writing gives me life.
- @maggiegames Maggie! How can I not talk about how awesome you are! Your feedback is just blessings, and I hope I never disappoint you lol. You’re such a great artist that I long to see more artwork from and your writing style is pretty good too from the little bits I’ve seen. You’re also really creative - like those newspaper ideas are gold. Gold, Maggie, gold. Please never stop making them lmao. And have I mentioned Zig and Drake? We both adore and gush over them.
- @maxwellbeauxmont Tay Tay’s a really cool, down to earth person! She makes amazing aesthetics plus she’s a talented writer. I’m still waiting to see more from her no pressure or anything but from the bits I have seen, I can tell that she’s really got the talent for it. Zig and James Ashton are also things we’ll likely squeal about.
Basically, there are a lot of people I admire and want to consider friends in the fandom for various reasons. But for the most part it’s because they’re simply lovely human beings that I’ve had the pleasure to connect as to why they’re on this list. I’d love to have more but I can be quite introverted sometimes.
honest to god of all the “coping skills” lists I’ve gotten this is the first one to mention masturbation. sandwiched right in between paint a picture and make a list of people you admire. I admire the boldness frankly
Voltron Positivity Day: Appreciation Post - Part 1
As my contribution to Voltron Positivity Day, I’m going to make a bunch of Appreciation posts. The first of these posts will be a list of most of the Voltron blogs I follow and love, in no particular order. The following posts will be dedicated to those in the Voltron fandom who hold special places in my heart. So, without further a due, here’s the list of people I admire from a far who fill my dash with lovely voltron content.
INFORMAL FOLLOW FOREVER.
🌹the following list includes frequent partners, people i admire from a distance (aesthetically & in general), people i would love to write or plot with ! please note that even if you aren’t listed here, there is a 100% chance i would love to write with you (i follow over 200 people so i’m just listing stand outs :] )
Y’all, doing this was so stressful and I’ll probably never do it again cause it was exhausting trying to remember everyone so if I forgot you please don’t kill me, I love you.
To everyone on the list, thank you for all your amazing content and for being amazing people. I admire you so much and I love seeing you on my dash everyday. Please note that I adore all of you and I’m here if anyone needs anything.
To those in bold, y’all are my extra babes.
I put some symbols next to some URL’s and put a message at the end for you.
I wanna thank all those that followed me, tagged me in posts, and overall make my day better. ♡ I love every one of my followers and all the people I follow, thank you for making me cry tear puddles of joy. The only blogs listed below are BTS-related!! Now here is a huge list of most of the people I admire:
( So I didn’t really plan if I was going to make these personal or just compliments in general, but I’ve decided to make it personal. I’ve never made a ‘follow forever’ or anniversary post in order to list even half of the people I respect and admire and who I consider LOVELY. I must say I have been very much inspired by @maegtigfor I think over a year now? I love blogs with good aesthetics and support posts for their characters and while we haven’t plotted much I really admire your writing and delivery for both your characters. You’re a wonderful writer/blogger and you have been so kind to me. I do hope we plot / write more together in the future! )