Honestly…It makes me really uncomfortable when people draw Leia’s Episode 4 Dress as being really tight with a big slit up the leg, because that’s not how it was at all??
It doesn’t even cling to her breasts or anything?? There’s like…a Small knee length slit, I guess, if you look hard enough. But this, and most other outfits of Leia’s, strike me as incredibly modest and professional. In fact, Lets take a look at that for a second.
Look at what she chooses to wear on Cloud City in Episode 5.
Like…It’s a dress with pants? And I think this was probably an outfit she either A.) Packed for the trip on the falcon or B.) Was provided to her by Lando, And I find it hard to believe that Lando would force an outfit on her, considering he was very nice to her in previous scenes. She would have chosen it out of several different options.
I won’t add pictures, but her White Hoth outfit also consists of a jacket and pants. It’s sensible. They’re in the freezing cold. Why would she wear something sexy. She Wouldn’t.
There are honestly only two instances over the course of three movies where she /kind/ of shows skin. Instance 1 is at the end of Episode 1 where she…Kind of, I guess, Has some cleavage showing?
Like Barely. Keep in mind as well that this dress is floor length and has long sleeves. The second instance is at the end of Episode 6 on Endor
This slit is definitely more revealing, but to be honest, I can’t remember a single time in Episode 6 where it was apparent? They Honestly may have just done this for promotional material? Other pictures of the dress come off as much more modest
I’ve worn dresses shorter than this, so, I wouldn’t exactly consider this revealing by any means.
So when does Leia put on something a little sexier? There’s gotta be one instance right?
Yeah, Against her fucking will.
What I’m getting at here is that I hate the weird sexualization of Leia in Nerd Culture. It’s literally so rampant. It’s not surprising to me whatsoever, but it still makes me mad.
Leia Organa, a 19 year old Freedom Fighter personally fucking chose to dress modestly and people still depict her as this oversexualized Male Gaze Fantasy Being and it’s really disappointing tbfh.
Hunting’s a total blast until you hit your heat. In between each cycle, you only know how much fun it is to catch a case, to get on the road and feel the rumble of Dean’s car beneath you, all open windows and loud music. The fights are always rough, but in the way that makes you feel strong, in a way that makes your muscles ache with anticipation just to think about it. And of course, there’s the feeling of knowing that you saved someone, that you stopped one small little evil and left the world a little better for it.
But then your heat hits, and you remember. Hunting is not ideal for an Omega.
he has eyes the colour of melting chocolate, eyes that radiate the colour of warmth and coziness. he has eyes that reflect the colour of what i want to see for the rest of my life. a melted deep kind of sweetness. his skin is the texture of butter, soft on skin to skin contact. it emits the perfect warmth to share. his touch is light as a feather or as aggressively romantic as someone who is in desperate need in all the right times. his hair – soft, the colour reminiscent of his kind eyes. the smell is sweet, citrus shampoo and familiarity. a smile with teeth like snow and dimples that make my heart swoon. a smile that pulls my own lips into a mirror image when i see it. his laugh, a contagious melody that reminds me of the feeling of home and content. it’s a laugh that rings in my ears for hours after i hear it. a past so jagged and a future so unsure, but a present so pure and loving. he is the feeling one gets when seeing their favourite tv show couple kiss for the first time, or the feeling of dancing in the dark to your favourite song, or the feeling of sinking your teeth into the most decadent of meals. he is the feeling associated with warmth, security and passion.
GROSS THINGS U SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CHEST BINDING IN SUMMER
you can find fashion advice on how to make things more visually manageable and more comfortable, but for bigger guys some of those tips don’t apply and some issues will come up anyway. here’s some stuff I could’ve stood to know last year.
if you feel the need to layer or wear something thick, sleeveless hoodies exist. they can save you a bit of heat.
take off layers when you can. wash carefully in the folds of your skin, dab moisture away occasionally during the day, and wash your binders OFTEN.
fungal infections: for bigger guys, these can happen between and under breasts. if you notice a vinegary smell when you unbind, that’s what that is. afaik there’s no massive health risk from this kind of thing on your skin, but still try to keep those areas dry and clean.
you might get some pimples on your chest, which is fine.
you might also get sebaceous cysts. LEAVE THEM ALONE. do not try to pop them yourself, it increases risk of infection. they’ll probably go away on their own; if one becomes inflamed, see a doctor.
in the heat, your binder will stick to your skin more and the shoulder straps will dig into your skin. don’t wait until you’re bleeding - if it feels raw at all, pad your straps. you can get bra strap pads online, or just make your own with whatever you have handy.
lastly: drink a lot of water. you’re wearing layers, and binders are skintight. you will sweat more.
I know everything is gross + miserable but hang in there and take care of yourself.
Reminder that you have to ramble about galra facial features.
[Edited and updated 4/6/17]
Okay so this was something I had to think about because there’s been several times where I’ve looked at fanart, including my own, and had this moment of “this… is not a galra, this is a person spraypainted purple with color contacts and cat ears slapped on” and part of this is, I’ve had to look at canon galra and figure out what quite is the difference here.
Because the Galra are definitely what we’d call humanoid, but, they’re set up differently from humans.
I want to put this here as a reference, but I’m also putting it under a cut because there’s a lot of images to be had. But here goes!
Alrighty; its been quite a while since I’ve made a post, but here’s one anyways.
So, I have a bad habit of Astral Traveling when I’m in the middle of class; I don’t know how, but hey, it happens. Anywho, a few days ago I went “deep-sea fishing” I guess, and ended up in who knows where at the bottom of the ocean. There I met a cool boy; his name is “A”, and being the nosy little butt I am, I knew that I would likely never run into anybody as pretty as this boy again, so I jumped on the chance to ask him as much about his species as I could.
He was nice; really smooth and pleasant voice; you could fall asleep to this thing, it was like a lullaby when he spoke. Hit record and I’d be out.
Anyways, his species, a type of deep sea merfolk. I drew out some pictures as to what he looked at as more of a guide for you guys to see what I mean.
He had this kind of Opal-escent like skin; it reflected at the smallest amount of light; again, he was beautiful I swear. His ears were kind of like fins in a sense, apparently they doubled as sonar receptors; meaning he could pick up deep sea chatter. His eyes though were real cool. There are two kinds of eyes that he said that he had.
The first was one that he used when he went into shallower water or to the surface (I really don’t think he goes up there a lot tbh). Like us, hes able to see in bright light; go figure. But here’s the cool part.
Now when he goes back down, in the dark, a sort of second eye lid covers his eyes. Apparently it acts as a protector for them if hes ever attacked, but it also allows him to see in the dark better than if he didn’t have that kind of skin on. It acted like an eye patch; you know, how a pirate would cover one eye so that if hes ever fighting, he could uncover the eye and see in the dark if he were to go from a sunny place to a dark place; kinda like that.
So I bet you’re asking whats up with his neck, so, he has skin obviously; but from below his jawline; to part of his upper chest he has some thin scales. They for a kind of upside down triangle, and from what he told me, it glows in the dark when hes looking for a mate. And beneath that, he had some large gills. Now there we would have our lungs obviously, but he has the large gill covers that are in threes. It reminded me of a shark, but apparently they’re different.
Now to his back. It has 6 fins; that generate electricity. They’re sort of rounded, but also have small spines where they connect to the back. They can also pick up vibrations in the water since they’re so sensitive, and they act as tiny propellers in a way.
His fins were white; sorry about the image its a bit big; but if you zoom in you can see my little notes. Ok, so from below the stomach and organs and such, I don’t know why you can only see his bones but that’s apparently how it works, you have this little transparent spot on his fin. It ends about halfway through, but it glows in the dark so that they can see on the sea floor. In a sense I guess its like how jellyfish down there generate their bio-luminescence or something. A’s fins were rounded, not split, so he was a strong swimmer, but kind of slow. They looked flat but pretty strong, but still a fish fin, not like a Ray or anything. His large fin was white too; so he was just this white fish boy who never saw light lol.
In the dark this is how it looked.
He was pretty cool; and seemed friendly enough. Again, the prettiest boy I’ve ever met, so if you ever decide to go down there, try to find one of them. Although, I don’t think all of them would be as friendly as he, so still be careful; some things down there will scare the living daylights out of you.
nct reaction to s/o hugging them from behind
This isn’t as long as I wanted it to be but it’ll have to do…. enjoy! :-) Also I am literally like 20 followers away from 3k uhmmm ???? Wow hsjxhdjdhjdjd pls expect a follow forever when I get there (i should probably start writing it now) and possibly a message if ur my mutual❤️
Would smile so shyly and sweetly, slightly embarrassed (you know what smile I’m talking about) He wasn’t used to this kind of skin ship from you; quick pecks and shy hand holding were your thing. He’d put his hands over yours, rocking from side to side, probably still trying to get over his embarrassment.
This abnormally tall child (who am I kidding? I’m a tall ass child myself) would possibly be a little annoyed at you initiating skin ship. He’d like being the one initiating skin ship with you, the one kissing you first or hugging you first. Of course he’d love it, but at first he’d be a tiny bit annoyed. “Jagi! Y/N!” He’d cry. “Let me do that you; it’ll be better- wait!” He’d spin around, turning you round gently before wrapping his arms around your waist and leaning down to rest his head on your shoulder/head. “Hmm, doesn’t this feel better like this?“
Taeyong wouldn’t say anything. His heart would stop momentarily; these little gestures of yours would mean a lot to him and he’d love it. Smiling, he’d turn round, pulling your forwards into his chest. One hand running through your hair, the other wrapped around your waist. You too weren’t always that into skin ship so this would be a very special moment for the pair of you.
This undercover fuck boy would love this gesture and attention. He’d playfully push you off, dusting off his shoulders and sorting out his hair. “Ah, jagiya! Stop trying to ruin my vibe!” He’d tease you for a bit, but when he saw you pouting - his ultimate weakness - and beginning to turn and leave, he’d reach out and give you a back hug too, begging to you to stay and cuddle.
This guy would react like WinWin. He’d blush and smile widely, possibly squeal a little bit too out of excitement. ”That was so cute! Do it again! Do it again!“ He’d push your arms away gently, asking you to do it again. Every time you did his heart would flutter slightly and he’d giggle like a school boy. You had never seen him in this state before, but you defiantly weren’t complaining.
Jaehyun wouldn’t react one bit, but you wouldn’t be able to see his cheeks flush and feel his heart race faster. He’d let you cling on like a koala bear, smirking when you start to walk away upset he hadn’t hugged you back or acknowledged him. Following you behind, you oblivious of him doing this, he’d wrap his arms around your waist and pull up into a back hug: “hmm, don’t worry, Y/N. I love you a lot you know that?”, not wanting to actually upset you for real.
Awe, this little ray of sunshine my little child lol He loved it when you wrapped your arms tightly from behind. He blushed furiously, giggling slightly at how cute and adorable you were. Turning around, he’d wrap his arms around your waist, picking you up and twirling you round, the pair of you laughing like idiots.
This boy would be startled at first, possibly a little shy at your gesture. “Y/N!!” He’d whine quietly. “You love it really”, you’d tease him, still holding onto him. Of course he did, but he wouldn’t admit it. He’d let you carry on in silence, before giving into you by turning around and giving you a quick squeeze and peck.
He’d literally squeal and laugh and absolutely love it. He’ll gush about how cute you are and how much he loves you, running up to the other members and showing you off for your skinship. For the rest of the day, he will literally do anything for you, offering you piggybacks and giving you lots of food. There was no real, legitimate reason for him to do this - but, he’d just use it as an excuse to spoil you.
‘ who knows their own address? ’ ‘ are we feminists? is this feminism? ’ ‘ i’m not a sidekick! i’m beyonce, not kelly rowland. ’ ‘ your cockaholism may just be about the least important thing in the world to me right now. ’ ‘ i wouldn’t call 10 a.m. ‘really early’. ’ ‘ cool! let’s add cocaine to the butt stuff. ’ ‘ you can’t leave! i love you! ’ ‘ do you even know what love means? ’ ‘ now go make me some bagel bites. ’ ‘ love isn’t about having somebody get you things. love is putting someone else’s feelings above your own. do you think you could ever do that? honestly? ’ ‘ do i look like a fitbit? i don’t give a shit about your sleep. ’ ‘ why are you yelling at me? what are you doing in my house? ’ ‘ i need you to act like a human person and pick up your damn phone when i call your skank ass! ’ ‘ you know, after i cleaned the fries off your face and put you to bed, you said something to me that was pretty dark. ’ ‘ did you wear your booby shirt? ’ ‘ if i don’t get a night off soon, i think my liver is gonna slide out of my body. ’ ‘ i’m peeing blood and i briefly forgot the word for telephone. ’ ‘ you’re right. she’s gonna hate me. ’ ‘ you think i’m an unfriendly treacherous mountain? ’ ‘ we’re adults! we can do this ourselves. ’ ‘ you’re losing your hair. ’ ‘ practicing what? dying alone? ’ ‘ i told the spice girls i was dying in order to get free concert tickets. ’ ‘ i learned blue balls were a myth when i was 12. ’ ‘ i’m not much of a cleaner. ’ ‘ you’re not much of a human! ’ ‘ did you slither out of your mothers cooch yesterday? ’ ‘ i can’t believe i finally made a new friend and i tried to bang her the first time we hung out. ’ ‘ no offense, but you’re kind of making my skin crawl. ’ ‘ i’m not comfortable about feelings. ’ ‘ aren’t we lucky we’re both in professions where we can day drink? ’ ‘ i’m glad this is a one-night thing so we can reveal all this awful shit about ourselves. ’ ‘ what do you mean you watch tv on your computer? ’ ‘ i don’t know what i’m doing here. i’m not even attracted to you. ’ ‘ you two are poison people. this is gonna end so badly. ’ ‘ if you wanna go, just go. ’ ‘ why can’t you just let this be over? ’ ‘ you and i, we’re inevitable. ’ ‘ move in with me. ’ ‘ i just humiliated myself by accepting your non-marriage proposal, i cannot now move in with you. ’ ‘ you’re just doing this as a hail mary because you know you’re about to lose me for good. ’ ‘ what i have finally realized is that the worst possible draft of my life is the one without you in it. i hate it, but you goddamn floor me. ’ ‘ oh shit… we’re gonna do this even though we know there is only one way this ends. whether in a week or twenty years, there is horrible sadness and pain coming in and we’re inviting it. ’ ‘ she stayed! you say she forced you, but we both know there’s not a person on this planet who’s ever had a good outcome trying to force you to do anything. she stayed and that means something whether you wanna admit it or not. ’ ‘ i’m not doing anything… i’m crying in my car. ’ ‘ don’t start keeping secrets now. ’ ‘ the only thing i need from you is to not make a big deal with it and be okay with how i am and the fact that you can’t fix me. ’ ‘ no, i’m mad at you because you think you can fix me! you can’t fix me! i don’t need to be fixed! ’ ‘ it’s like you have amnesia. every day you think things are gonna be different. ’ ‘ maybe you can understand this: i feel nothing. ’ ‘ i’ll be back in a couple of days. ’ ‘ you stayed? …you stayed! ’ ‘ you just said ‘boyfriend.’ ’ ‘ i understand that my actions could lead you to feel a bit unwelcome and i’ll work on not being such a control freak. ’ ‘ i’m done comparing this to what normal people do. ’ ‘ normal people are terrible. ’ ‘ when i look at you, i swear i can see years years into the future with you. ’ ‘ …i love you too. ’ ‘ i’ve just heard that you’re the worst. ’ ‘ i tricked him into giving me back rubs, saying it made me horny. ’ ‘ obviously, i thought it was, like, boring as shit. ’ ‘ clearly you used to jack off to hemingway in high school. ’ ‘ i’m an irresponsible monster who burned down her apartment with a vibrator. ’ ‘ if there is even a remote possibility of breakfast and you don’t wake me up, i will never touch your dick again with any part of my body. ’ ‘ jokes on you, dummy, i’m already horny. ’ ‘ oh my god! that is so sexist and mansplain-y. ’ ‘ if ‘i love you’ is like a promise, it’s just a promise to try real hard. doesn’t mean you can’t fail. ’ ‘ i shit myself earlier and that is only the second most embarrassing thing that has happened to me today. ’ ‘ you knew who i was, you don’t get to act surprised now. ’ ‘ bam! carpe those diems! ’ ‘ i have to gone girl myself and start over where nobody knows me. ’ ‘ i’m going to have a baby. ’ ‘ i just want my kids to be sad when i die. ’ ‘ i didn’t want to kill him. i just snapped! ’ ‘ i feel guilty because of how much he suffered… and because you stabbed him on purpose. ’ ‘ you’re so getting murdered. ’ ‘ i can’t tell him my brain is broken. ’ ‘ don’t stalk me again because you suck at it. ’ ‘ back off, bitch. ’ ‘ don’t go. ’ ‘ i got your back, always. ’ ‘ you might not be useful in the radish sense, but you’re a good friend and you make people happy. ’ ‘ when i get back, you’re going to take me to a real bar and feed me cheap whiskey until i forget about that time i stopped being able to have sex with my boyfriend ever again because he took me to a bar that only served water! ’ ‘ so, would you say it’s a… problem-free philosophy? it’s like… no worries for the rest of your days? ’ ‘ did you just quote the lion king to me? ’ ‘ hey, um, so listen… i think you’re funny and cute and i’d like to take you on a date with me for a date. ’ ‘ why did you put a murder tour on your list? ’ ‘ you even quit a rewards club because you couldn’t handle the commitment. ’ ‘ wear your stains on the outsides of your clothes. ’ ‘ see? dogs eat nachos. ’ ‘ hey, that’s your best garbage bag. you going somewhere? ’ ‘ i’ll be out by the time you get back. have fun, you deserve it… whoever she is. ’ ‘ red licorice vodka? ’ ‘ send money, loser! ’ ‘ and you date him… willingly. ’ ‘ my heart is a dumb dumb. ’ ‘ i’ve always been able to flip myself back over eventually, but… i ran out of times. this is how i am now and it’s not okay with you, nor should it be. ’ ‘ i suppose it’s good that this happened now, instead of like, ten years down the line. ’ ‘ the world is absolutely lousy with people and i hate them all. i hate everyone but you. ’ ‘ what the hell is wrong with us? ’ ‘ let’s make a pact never to feel anything around each other ever again. ’ ‘ i’ve never eaten a blueberry. ’ ‘ i’ve always had one foot out the door. with everything. especially with us. ’ ‘ so, you might just suddenly bounce out of here? ’ ‘ can we just… bail? ’ ‘ you’ve had a little too much to drink, didn’t you, buddy? ’
• the first time you met him was when him and Fred stood beside you when the sorting ceremony was taking place.
• they were quite amused when you managed to tell them apart (but in your defense, it was just sheer luck and didn’t really know how to do so because they were really identical).
• still, ever since, they’ve considered you as one of their best friends and you felt the same towards them.
• though you’ve always felt a little something more about George since he was the one you mostly talked to.
• he was such a good listener that you weren’t afraid of telling anything to him, and he always got the best advices up his sleeves whenever you needed it.
• some friends always wondered how you knew which was which and you would always say that you have managed to tell them apart because of their different attitudes.
• or maybe because you’ve memorized George’s characteristics so much that you just knew that it couldn’t be Fred whenever you talked to him.
• FRED BEING THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR SHIP.
• because everyone always have thought that you were dating George because of how you close you two were.
• the rumors started when george admitted that he found you attractive and any guy would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend.
• but he only said it that time because you were honestly such a good friend to him (friendzoned ouch).
• and when he clarified it shortly after the teasing started, you were quite disappointed that he only liked you in a platonic way.
• Fred still rooted for you guys though lmao.
• like he knows that George was kind of lying when he said he only saw you as a friend
• bECAUSE HAVE YOU SEEN THE WAY GEORGE LOOKS AT YOU?
• George looks at you like you’re the greatest thing on earth.
• even Lee Jordan sees it.
• and he teams up with Fred in making George realize that he like likes you.
• like he does it embarrassingly during Quidditch games.
• “Ah! Nice hit from George Weasley from the Gryffindor team — hey, Y/N! Don’t you think he’s so great? I reckon he’s just gaining up the balls to ask you out!”
• and if you also play for your house’s Quidditch team, Lee does exactly the same.
• “And Y/H scores! Damn, George, if you don’t ask Y/N out someone’s going to so better hurry up!”
• Professor McGonagall not even complaining.
• George getting all flustered sometimes when they tease him but covering it up with sarcasm and teasing back.
• you not minding it because you’ve already accepted the fact that he will never see you as something else more than just his best friend.
• though as time passes by, the thought of you being his girlfriend has been passing in his mind more frequently.
• especially when in your sixth year — the time of the triwizard tournament — and there was an upcoming yule ball. a lot of boys were asking you to come with them that time and he was just so annoyed because they did it whenever he was around (since you were always seen with him and Fred).
• George abruptly telling someone to “back off” when that someone asked you out and he was in a bad mood.
• you asking him what his problem was
• him confessing that he doesn’t like the idea of you going out with other guys, asking you out as his date to the yule ball at the same time.
• Fred overhearing the conversation and shouting “DAMN, IT TOOK SIX YEARS FOR YOU TO MAKE A MOVE!?”
• everyone laughing along and agreeing
• you slightly blushing but saying yes anyways
• from that day forward, you and George have considered each other as more than friends.
• when he officially asked you to be his girlfriend, he was all flustered and shy aND BASICALLY NOT THE GEORGE WEASLEY YOU HAVE COME TO KNOW OF
• like he had a hard time trying to find the words
• “I — um — er — well, you know how we’ve been going on dates a lot, right? And I was, uh, kind of wondering if, you know, we can be like, more than best friends?”
• “Like super ultra mega best friends?”
• he wasn’t amused by your teasing but you were completely forgiven when you made the first move and kissed him full on the lips.
• Fred being the third wheel
• Fred always joking that you stole his twin brother from him
• you reminding him that it was his plan in the first place to get the two of you together
• bUT LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW GEORGE IS LIKE AS A BOYFRIEND OKAY
• nothing really changed that much except for a few certain things
• like how he always liked to have some kind of skin contact with you in any way possible
• for example, if the two of you were sitting beside each other, he’d purposely sit too close so that your knees were bumping as well as your arms.
• it was also a thing of his when he’d ask for a kiss on the cheek and turn around last minute so that you’ll be kissing him on the lips instead
• NEVER ENDING PRANKS
• he was honestly never the jealous type now that he was your boyfriend
• he knew how much you truly loved him and he trusted you with everything he had.
• study dates that often lead to make out sessions oops
• he’d be so supportive in everything you do!
• though not the jealous type, he is overprotective sometimes
• making sure that whoever messes with you gets to deal with him and his cruel jokes (and Fred’s too)
• Ginny treating you like an older sister because she never had one of those.
• Ron awkwardly asking advice from you when it comes to understanding girls
• Molly and Arthur being so so happy because they always knew George had a thing for you way back before the both of you realized it.
• spending Christmas at the Burrow!
• honestly, he’d just be the most perfect guy
• because you’re never afraid to be wacky or purposely look ugly whenever you’re with him. you know he’ll never judge you and will love you no matter what.
killer croc is so overlooked as like an antihero/sensitive villain like the canon is there… hes just a kind boy with a skin condition.. he gets angry sometimes… he helps out his community… he should be the sirens’ sexy man sidekick
“I find the education I got from living in Derby and being streetwise and knowing the people that I know, the lessons that I had to learn growing up, have set me in good stead for this kind of working life.”