Ke$hus

this Charlamagne thing isn’t even surprising tho. black men just LOVE telling black women (or as some of them like to call us, “females”) how we should be living our lives. First of all, the only thing we “have to do” is stay black and die, and second of all, 95% of the shit they say we should be doing is shit we’re already doing, as can be seen with the Charlamagne backlash. And the other 5% is either unrealistic or misogynistic as fuck.

I hear this shit at Howard all the damn time. I’ve heard guys say women should have been “more involved” in the civil rights movement, as if a) the sexism of black men didn’t prevent more involvement, b) black women weren’t the backbone of the damn movement, feeding them and supporting them while also working to support their families (protesting doesn’t come with a paycheck) and c) there weren’t thousands of women involved, and dozens of high profile ones. I once rattled off a list of black women who helped lead the movement and this guy was like “well I’ve only heard of Rosa Parks.” That sounds like a you problem, my guy. Then he tried to blame the white education system for why he didn’t know more women were in the movement as if he didn’t go to an HBCU where that could be easily rectified, and as if all the women in the room didn’t also have white educations and somehow magically had some collective knowledge that he didn’t have (hint: picking up a book every now and then won’t kill you).

I recently heard another say “black women need to be more involved in politics.” As if it’s our fault it’s near impossible to get a black woman elected to public office in large swaths of the country. As if Black Lives Matter wasn’t founded by three women. As if the only two current Howard students who are in school *and* have been elected to public office aren’t women (they are, and one of them is *also* our student body president). Pull your head out of your ass and look around before you make ignorant comments on what black women are and aren’t doing.

       “Aquí tienes… y antes de que digas algo: no, no te estoy regalando ésto por lastima.”

For inspiration reasons, here’s a list of actresses over 40 who can probably still kick our asses:

Kelly Hu (Age: 48)

Originally posted by samellsource-blog

Linda Hamilton (Age: 60)

Originally posted by fyeahlostgirl

Charlize Theron (Age: 41)

Originally posted by headlesssamurai

Gina Torres ( Age: 47)

Originally posted by sarahraffferty

Ming-Na Wen (Age: 52)

Originally posted by just-me-and-the-tv

Kate Beckinsale (Age: 43)

Originally posted by magdalena-ionescu

Gwyneth Paltrow (Age: 44)

Originally posted by marvelsladies

Milla Jovovich (Age: 41)

Originally posted by lupitalover

Jada Pinkett Smith (Age: 45)

Originally posted by fuckyeahgothamfox

Michelle Yeoh (Age: 54)

Originally posted by drunkensword

Lucy Lawless (Age: 48)

Originally posted by klippfandom

Regina King (Age: 45)

Originally posted by kingregina

Lucy Liu (Age: 47)

Originally posted by sivanlesbian

Helen Mirren (Age: 71)

Originally posted by beautifuldreams-blog

instagram

d i n o s a you are a dinosaur!

anonymous asked:

Phichit and Chris though. Also im kinda shipping them together because i love my son and he and Chris are both lil shits so *shrug*-Kes

DID YOU SEE HOW EXCITED PHICHIT WAS FOR YURI AND VICTOR THOUGH.

It was so adorable XDDD Immediately announcing it to the entire fucking restaurant this little shit XDD

Also, this episode made me love Chris even more. The beginning was absolutely hilarious, with him and Victor being camera whores together XDD And also, he seemed to be getting along so well with Yuri during the poledancing part O.o I mean, I know Yuri was drunk, but like…they seemed pretty close? I want more of Chris being Victor and Yuri’s mutual friend. It’s such a delightfully strange combination.

anonymous asked:

I PAUSED THE EPISODE BECAUSE I WAS IN DISBELIEF THAT THIS HAPPENED!!! THE DRUNK DANCING, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT, JJ AND HIS GF, FUCKING CHRIS AT THE POOL AND HIS WEIRD ASS JUMP-Kes

This entire episode was a fucking masterpiece. Like, I don’t even know where to start? I’m probably going to go through and write my thoughts on the episode in a bit.

But like, I’m actually kinda sad???? JJ’s girlfriend is so pretty and she looked so sweet last episode, I had high hopes for her. NOW I AM SO DISILLUSIONED I HATE THIS GIRL SO MUCH. Also, my son was so obnoxious this episode omg XDD