Fem!Nine/Rose, "it’s not everyday you’re mistaken for the newest member of one of the most dangerous criminal gangs in all of history, i think you’re the only one who’s realised i have NO idea what im doing. please please please dont’ say anything, i dont fancy dying just yet!” AU
1. Rose isn’t entirely sure how she got into this situation. Honestly, she’d just been trying to meet some blind date her mate Shareen had set up for her at a pub and all of a sudden she was being escorted into a warehouse a few blocks away and smack dab in the middle of something that was decidedly shady.
2. All of the people around her looked dangerous – and she knew the type from growing up on the Estate – so she just tried to play along like she knew what she was doing, weirdly grateful for the fact that she’d decided on her worn leather jacket for her date tonight so she fit in.
3. (That might be why she’d been mistaken for whoever this Chloe person was so maybe she should have gone with the hoodie after all)
4. Rose almost screamed when someone grabbed her elbow and pulled her behind a stack of boxes and out of sight of the main gathering of people but the other woman clapped her hand over Rose’s mouth before she had a chance.
5. “I know for a fact that you’re not Chloe and you definitely don’t look like you’re in league with that lot, so who are you?” The woman asked in a Northern accent once she’d let Rose go. She was tall with short, tousled dark hair, a sharply defined face, and a piercing blue gaze. The leather jacket that hung on her shoulders was battered and seemed like a part of her instead of a uniform like it did on many of the other.
6. Rose tried to deny everything but the other woman just stared at her until she started babbling out her story about just trying to go on a date and ending up here and would she please not tell anyone else because she really doesn’t want to die tonight.
7. The other woman sighed, muttering under her breath about civilians getting in her way before starting to explain in a whisper that she was a cop and there was going to be a raid on this place in half an hour and she needed to get Rose out of there before it went down.
8. She escorted Rose out a side door and told her to report to New Scotland Yard and she’d meet her there later if things went down smoothly here.
9. (Rose waited nervously at the DI’s desk as she waited for the bust to be over and the woman to return, worrying more with each passing minute that things had gone wrong)
10. When she finally showed up it was with her badge riding her hip and a wide grin lighting up her face and Rose breathed a sigh of relief.
11. Theodora, the detective, asked Rose if she would mind doing their interview over a basket of chips because she was starved.
12. Rose made a quip about how she would love to, especially since her first date had been derailed.
13. (Theodora looked shocked and then thrilled at their interview being turned into a date.)