We brought the cast of the landmark show back together for its 20th anniversary to reminisce about Capeside, talk reboot chances, and more. You can pick up the special group cover on newsstands starting 3/30, and the four other covers exclusively at Barnes & Noble starting 4/3. 📷: Marc Hom for EW
- It’s finished. No waiting on episodes, they’re all there.
- It’s wrapped up after 5 seasons in a way that makes sense; it wasn’t cancelled.
- It’s science-fiction. Packed with mystery, unexplained occurrences and all the other stuff that make your curiosity perk up.
- It’s created by JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Burk and J.H. Wyman. Some of these you might know from making the Star Trek reboot or the sci-fi TV show “Almost Human”.
- Main character is a female. She’s an FBI agent. She isn’t sexualized. She isn’t masculine. She isn’t a cliché. She isn’t made fun of for being a female agent. She is actually very intelligent and very appreciated by her co-workers.
- Her boss is a male POC.
- Another female agent is a POC as well.
- John Noble. The ‘mad scientist’ of the show.
- Leonard Nimoy. Yep. He’s a recurring character.
- Sebastian Roché and Jared Harris. Also, Blair Brown.
- Parallel universe!
- The love stor(ies) that happen don’t reduce anyone to a love interest.
- David Bowie references. (You’ll spot them, trust me)
- Cases of the week + serialisation
- Have I mentioned the fact that the characters aren’t a cliché?
- Freaky stuff. You’ll love it. It might freak you out but you’ll love it.
vanderjames: #tbt Squad ‘97. I’d known these people all of 7 days when this pic was taken. 20 years ago this week 😱 the little pilot we shot in that small town for that fledgling network aired, changed our lives and launched our careers. Thank you to the Wilmington, North Carolina crew and community who raised us & kept us sane, thank you to the many talented writers and producers who gave of your hearts talents and put up with us. And thank you especially to the fans of the show. It’s a funny relationship we have… your experience of this project is what you saw on camera, while my memories are mostly what I experienced off of it. And yes, it’s true that I haven’t seen most episodes (it became healthier at a certain point to just commit 100% on the day and let it go completely), but the beauty of this arrangement is that my impression of the show now is what you’ve all reflected back to me over the years… and it’s been lovely to witness. So thank you to anyone who’s ever expressed appreciation for the work we did - it makes me feel proud to be associated with these three fine people (and the rest of the cast), and proud to have been a part of #DawsonsCreek. This one will always have a special little place in my heart.
The only reason you don’t have answers is because you’ve been too scared to ask yourself the right questions.
Just in case you need a bonus.
I’m just saying thank you. You reminded me of what
I’m capable of feeling. It’s like I was…walking around seeing my life
through a smudged window, and then I saw you and the smudges were gone.
The window was clean…you’re off the hook. I’ve never had much faith in
that whole “if you love someone, set them free” crap, as evidenced by
everything I’ve done in my life up until this very moment, but I am
determined to be happy in this life. And I love you. I have always,
always loved you, but our timing has just never been right. And the way I
figure it, time is no man’s friend. Well, I have to get right with that
and be happy now. Because this is it, this is all we got…I also want
for you to be happy. So I want you to be with someone…but I want you to
be with someone who can be a part of the life that you want for
yourself. I want you to be with someone who makes you feel the way I
feel when I’m with you. So, I guess the point of this long run-on
sentence that’s been the last 10 years of our lives is that the simple
act of being in love with you is enough for me. So you’re off the hook…
Favorite Introductions of Characters | Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson)
“His name is Peter Bishop. He’s a high school dropout. IQ of
190, just 50 points north of genius. Misfit. Nomad. Hasn’t kept a job longer
than two months. He’s been a wildland fireman, cargo pilot, and briefly a
college chemistry professor, he falsified a degree from MIT. He even managed to
get a few papers published before he was found out. He sounds like a massive
pain in the ass.” - Olivia Dunham (Fringe 1x01)
Michelle Williams, Katie Holmes, James van der Beek, Joshua Jackson, Kerr Smith, Busy Philipps,
Meredith Monroe & Mary Beth Peil
for Entertainment Weekly’s exclusive reunion of #DawsonsCreek - (April, 2018)