These two pages are from Secret Garden by Johanna Basford. The pages included instructions to draw specific items but I covered them with extra large stickers illustrated by Jess Volinski from a Color Your Own Stickers book. Colored with gel pens.
● Nimah and Felix 🔥 I SHIP THEM ALREADY OK? Make it happen.
● Felix you goddam gorgeous person!! Gosh that face! Where do they even find such beautiful people?! I need him to be in each episode of Quantico from now!
● The scene where Owen asks Alex to help him become the man he really was was touching. Owen is such an amazing, deep and thoughtful person… he never really got the love he deserved. I just hope somehow he does, bc he’s clearly an amazing person inside out. Also what an incredible artist Blair Underwood is! There’s literally no faults in his acting, he’s PERFECT!
● I need Alex to get over Ryan. I so dislike the scenes where she excessively cares about Ryan. This is not who you are Alex, you’re way better. And it was her decision to stay far from each other for some time, what is she doing now?!
● Raina I know you’re mad at Nimah but everyone got that Nimah is lot more than her mistakes but you. She’s too harsh to her sister! Nimah is gem despite everything she did. And now she’s sacrificing herself for her sister… this does make me love and respect Nimah even more but at the same time, I so don’t want it to happen! :’(
● WHERE IS MY BABY HARRY?! I need him to be back asap! Episodes are not the same without him.
● And ladies and gentlemen, Leon is officially declared dead. I want to die too now. He was one of my favs. 😭
● I know that Caleb will always be Caleb and he is irreplaceable, but I’m honestly loving Clay too. And I don’t see the need of bringing Caleb back unless it’s for few scenes (which is probably what’s going to happen imo). Clay is a nice person. He has started to care about his group. He loves his job. He’s dedicated. He always tries to give his 100%. I’m growing fond of him. But please don’t let him sleep with Shelby, it would be ridiculous and I would probably loose all my respect for him.
● What was the last scene tho?! Sebastian what are your problems?!
Well, you’re not alone. In fact, there are enough of you out there to have made sellout successes out of not one, but two grown-up coloring books by illustrator Johanna Basford. Her first book, 2013’s Secret Garden, sold nearly 1.5 million copies worldwide. Her latest, Enchanted Forest, came out in February.
Why Adults Are Buying Coloring Books (For Themselves)
“If someone saw you coloring in one of my books, they wouldn’t give you a weird look, because it’s the same kind of artwork you would see on a champagne bottle,” illustrator Johanna Basford told me. “The artwork itself is sophisticated––not like a car or a bunny with a bow in its hair.”
Coloring Books For Grown-Ups: You loved coloring when you were a kid, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t continue exercising that love well into adulthood, for purposes of fun, self-expression, and de-stressing. Limber up those fingers!
Became aware that “coloring for adults” is a thing. I recently ordered the ENCHANTED FORREST BY JOHANNA BASFORD, but it is currently on back order. So I printed some pages myself. Not only is it a thing, it has some mental benefits.
1. Reduces stress
2. Stimulates creativity
3. The attention to detail can quiet your mind
4. Or multi tasking while coloring allows mind to wonder and relax
Not to mention all the benefits of stress reduction
You loved coloring when you were a kid, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t continue exercising that love well into adulthood, for purposes of fun, self-expression, and de-stressing. Limber up those fingers!
For fans of Johanna Basford’s Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest comes a hip, gorgeous doodle coloring book about all things hair. Unlike other adult coloring books, which depict nature scenes and cityscapes, this title celebrates strong, confident women with a passion for style, design, and fashion. [book link]