winning the first hoh is actually THE most beneficial hoh you can win besides the very last one.
- everyone wants to work with the hoh so they’re not the first person evicted, so you get to hand pick your alliances.
- you get to know everyones raw first impressions of everyone because they’re gonna be real with you when trying to work with you.
- the nominations can be blamed on a house decision or blamed on the people who dropped first in the hoh comp and the house won’t be mad.
- if you’re even a semi-decent player, you’ll come out of the first hoh with alliances, connections and good deals for the up coming weeks.
- PLUS everyone else around you is throwing the hoh comp, so you can’t even be called a comp beast for winning it because you’re basically winning against people who are trying not to win.
people who have won the first hoh and gotten fairly far into the game or won (of who i can remember off the top of my head): jerry, hayden, rachel, mccrae, caleb, frankie, james, nicole
vs the people who have won the first hoh and left early: willie, jason, kail
winning the first hoh is actually a really good game move and if you think otherwise you probably should never audition for the show