But consider, Nathalie Sancoeur and Nino Lahiffe
So, I don’t know if you guys saw in the XMAS special, but when Adrien disappears, Nathalie makes a phone call, and through editing, it’s pretty much implied that she calls Nino, which got me thinking:
- As soon as Nathalie figured out that Adrien considered Nino to be his closest friend, she gave Nino her number, and took his. “In case of emergencies, and I mean it. Anything you need.”
- Nathalie doesn’t expect anything to come of it, Adrien and Nino are good kids, they don’t get into too much trouble
- But Nino texts her first,
- “Hey, am I still banned from the mansion? Adrien and I have a project and my house is -significantly smaller- for us to work in”
- Nathalie replies
- “Consider your ‘ban’ lifted. Mr. Agreste is in at headquarters for the afternoon”
- Nathalie informs Nino when her boss is out of the house.
- Actually, after a month of this sneaking around, Nathalie sits Nino down for a formal lesson on “how to interact with Gabriel Agreste”
- it’s a powerpoint she’s had on file since 2012 after a full night of drinking.
- Gabriel catches Nino, Nathalie and Nino both come at him rationally and sensibly about the subject
- Nathalie is proud of Nino and how he handled it.
- Nino called Nathalie while drunk one time to rant about Gabriel, and she realizes he’s at a bar a few streets away, and shows up, and makes sure he gets home safely
- They become friends
- They scream about Gabriel