Spontaneous Saturday: The Secret Life of Hange Zöe
There’s a character in this story who has survived certain death numerous times and it’s not Reiner Braun. I’m talking about Hange Zöe.
Canon evidence has revealed she is immortal. And I think she knows it. It’s clear to me that the real reason Hange started studying titans was to better understand herself and to find the cause of her indestructibility.
Upon discovering that titans were once human, Hange realized they were most likely created from her bloodline. Getting to the basement is personal since it could contain the key to uncovering the people who used the gift of everlasting life in her veins to create the indestructible beasts that have ravaged mankind for 100 years.
Facts to consider:
- We know names are significant. Her name “Zöe” is the Greek word meaning “life" 👀
- Hange has survived 5+ years in the survey corps - something only Levi and Erwin can also claim.
- Hange survived a harpoon through the shoulder, having her head smashed against a pillar, and a 50 foot drop onto a hard crystal floor. She was back in action the next day.
- The “Science of Attack on Titan” equates the power of the Colossal Titan’s fall to several atomic bomb blasts. Hange has survived two of them. She was at ground zero during the second explosion. Entire city blocks were destroyed—but not Hange Zöe.
- Hange used one pokéball and caught them all.
- Hange doesn’t read books. She stares them down until she gets the information she wants.
- Hange has counted to infinity - twice.
- Hange can write with an eraser.
- She’s not afraid of titans - the titans are afraid of her.
Whoever used her bloodline to create the titans had better watch out! Hange will find them. And you know the old saying, “There’s nothing to fear but fear itself - and Hange Zoe.”
6 of 7 // snk crack theories week 2016