- when you meet people you ask them “what instrument do you play?” instead of “uh, do you by any chance play an instrument?”
- the person you’re walking out of your dorm building with…? THEY’RE A MUSICIAN
- :O NO ONE CLAPS DURING MOVEMENTS??!?!?!??! ::OO
- everyone’s so understanding and respectful to when you say “sorry, I have to practice.”
-THAT ONE HOT! GAL/DUDE OVER THERE???? YEAH..THEY’RE A MUSICIAN…(AND THEY’RE REALLY GOOD AT THEIR INSTRUMENT TOO…)
- literally everything is music related.EVERYTHING.
- the little girl with the case thing on her back standing in the lobby of your school? SHE’S A MUSICIAN TAKING A LESSON FROM A MUSICIAN WHO TEACHES OR ATTENDS YOUR SCHOOL!!!!!!!
- FREE concerts practically every night
-literally music 24/7 ok?
- your roommate? MUSICIAN
- NO SCIENCE CLASSES
-the teacher teaching you about theory? MUSICIAN duh
- hearing the word ‘practice’ about 58688 times a day
- singing 5 notes to a symphony and BOOM everyone is singing along with you
- Getting mad at your roommate for practicing aurel skills to a metronome at 1am
- NO HISTORY CLASSES (well, there’s music history, bUT ITS MUSIC RELATED!)
- that old dude walking down the stairs with a cane???? MUSICIAN and not only a musician, buT ONE OF THE PROFESSORS and you probably shouldnt ever call him ‘that old dude walking down the stairs with a cane’ in public
- …seriously…the amount of times one hears the word ‘practice’
- the amount people walking around conducting to the music on their headphones
- see that person eating across the room from you???? MUSICIAN
-EVERYONE’S A MUSICIAN. EVERYONE !LOVES! MUSIC. EVERYONE’S AMAZING AT THEIR INSTRUMENT.
*EVERYONE KNOWS THEY DON’T HAVE A HUGE CHANCE OF SUCCESS WINNING A JOB IN THIS… “DYING ART FORM,” BUT.STILL.DO.IT.ANYWAYS.*
give me gabriel reyes and jack morrison taking a timely retirement and using their generous military pensions and government subsidized land grants to buy farmland in the mid-southwest
give me jack weeding long rows of salad in a dirty flannel and a straw hat, give me gabe gathering eggs from the hens at dawn, soothing them in soft spanish, give me jack in the henhouse getting pecked to shit and whining to gabe about it while gabe laughs, says it’s because you don’t use their names, idiot
give me jack and gabe set up at the farmer’s market, their stall colorful with corn and chard and speckled eggs and boxes of tiny newpotatoes, okra, onions, fat elephant garlic that jack displays with pride because they’re even bigger than last year’s
give me overwatch visiting in the summer, lucio starting a game of pick up soccer behind the barn with genji and zarya and tracer, mei and mercy in the shade, winston and hanzo drinking herbal tea while gabe explains how he dried the lemonbalm and mint, jack pouring jesse a glass of sweet tea while they watch the game, jesse joining in after some heckling from hana and reinhardt who aren’t even playing and getting real sweaty and overheated so he has to go sit in a rocking chair on the porch, hanzo calling him a stupid man while he blots jesse’s neck
give me jack and gabriel cooking insane amounts of food to feed their strange family, literal mountains of roasted vegetables and pork they picked up at the market last week, towers of handmade tortillas, wait you made a pie but I made a pie okay everyone we have two different pies
give me old men kissing in the corn
(bonus bastion lives with them too, is great friends with delilah
the barn-tabby and is usually covered in roosting chickens, beeping gleefully)