To all the people wondering if the Galra were heavily invested in keeping up Shiro’s Look™ with his undercut, I now have proof and can honestly say
Yes. Yes they were. Like, obsessed with maintaining that Champion Aesthetic.
- Here we see Shiro’s Pilot Profile or whatever:
Note the very well maintained undercut.
- Next, we have Shiro on the Kerberos Mission
That undercut is looking a little long, is it not?
- And finally, Shiro as Champion
It seems to be cut back in!
This leaves us with a few very important questions.
1) Was this just a mistake in animation where they forgot to colour Shiro’s hair properly for a scene? To that, I say fuck off and let me have this.
2) Did the Galra instantly capture Shiro and take him directly to the Galra fashion studio to get him into his leotard where he was promptly sat down in the stylists chair, given a quick buzz and told to never let his hair grown in like that again? And was then given biweekly trips to the salon to keep it trimmed and on point? Im possible to tell, isn’t it (but I vote yes)
3) This is clearly a look that has some serious upkeep to it. The Galra were determined to have Shiro kept looking like “””The Champion”””. If this was all leading to something, that would mean that the fans would recognize Shiro always, his brand, if you will, and so they must be into his look….so are there Galra out there going to their local barber asking for the Champion’s Cut???