if you're determined to leave girl I will not stand in your way
Rucas Fanfiction Week 2016: Day 5 (Angst) - I put your picture away and sat down and cried today
is a continuation from my day 1 angst post. Riley and Gen are now
married but Lucas hasn’t been able to shake that lingering feeling of
hope he’s carried around with him, until now.
There should be some kind of rule book for situations like this:
How to stay in your ex’s life while strategically avoiding their new
significant other. Not following Genevieve on social media would be a
public dismissal that he can’t take the chance of people questioning.
It’s not that he doesn’t like her, but seeing her name pop up on his
phone all of the time would only remind him of what he’s lost.
that is why they invented a mute button. He feels a little guilty about
it. They’ve been married for over a year and while he doesn’t think of
her as competition there is still a small voice in the back of his head
that tells him to not give up hope, you never know what will happen in
the future. He’s a horrible person.
Lucas reaches lazily for his ringing phone. It’s his first morning off in forever and he has no plans to move from his bed. He smiles when he sees the name flashing across the screen. “Hey man, what’s up?”
So I got hella bored and decided to make Little Mix as Sims!!! I’m actually kind of pleased with how they turned out honestly?? I feel like I still need to tweak Perrie and Leigh-Anne, but Jesy and Jade turned out perfectly!
so much sapphic positivity is focused on relationships, but not all of us have that in our lives, so here’s to the single sapphics. whether you’re pining after a certain girl, or don’t have anyone in your life. whether you desperately want a relationship, feel neutral towards romance, or are loving being single. you are sapphic no matter what and your relationship status does not define you. you are going to be okay
so sometimes I’m just sitting around being lazy, watching tv or getting distracted by internet things, or I’ve eaten too much or I’ve just had a super long day. and sometimes I’m even aware of how much of a blob I am being, I’m sure this happens to other people, too. anyways I wanted to share this little list to motivate me/others to stop being a blob:
1. very very first thing. shut off your internet. put all the tv and stuff out of reach. this is really important, but you will feel 100% better afterwards.
3. uncover your windows, let natural light filter in. if you can/want to open them, that’s also fantastic. it really helps lighten your mood, always makes me feel more connected with the rest of the world.
2. put on some music. it’s ok to use your phone/computer for this, but remember to just keep it away from arm’s reach. also, you can use whatever music you’d like, but I suggest something soft, like Frank Sinatra or Beegie Adair or Jack Johnson.
3. take a walk. look at the colors and plants people surround themselves with. pick out houses/buildings you like. look at the sky, listen to what’s going on around you. I don’t generally listen to music for this because I like to feel grounded when I walk, but if you’re more of a song person that’s okay, too. it’s really easy to forget how long it’s been since you’ve had some fresh air.
4. take a bath. if it’s hot out, turn on a fan and cool down the room so you’re all cosy in the water, put in some bubbles and scents. grab a book or magazine. exfoliate, do your nails, put on a face mask. throw yourself a little spa day. when you get out, put on lotion, put on new underwear and soft, comfy clothing.
5. make your favourite cup of tea or coffee, or maybe pour yourself some lemonade or just cold water is fine too.
6. go sit in a common area of your house, like a living room or dining table. if you’re not home alone and don’t want to be bothered, gently voice it to the people around you or go sit somewhere else where you feel comfortable and relaxed. just get out of the same walls, find a change of scenery. you could even leave and go to a café or a park if you’d like.
7. do some writing/doodling. whenever this happens, I always like to use a spare piece of printer paper or something not connected to a notebook so I’m less attached to it and less likely to care about the way it looks. let the pen do its own thing, don’t worry about messing up. if you feel that you’re getting frustrated, step away and do something else.
8. make some lists. this is one of my favourite pastimes. list nice things that you’ve seen recently that you think you’ll forget later on. list little details of your dreams, list things you want to do in your favourite season, list recipes you’d like to try. the possibilities are endless.
9. cook/bake something. important reminders—if you don’t find this relaxing, don’t do it!! find another hobby that you love where you can enjoy doing something productive. also, even if you’re making something fantastic, be sure not to snack too much or overeat (I’m very prone to this). you could also make something for a friend or a neighbour!! people always enjoy a heartfelt craft made by someone who cares.
10. catch up with an old friend or family member. ask them out for coffee or something, it’s always nice to talk. trust me, they will very much appreciate you reaching out.
11. write a letter to someone. you do not have to send it.
12. go to a park and look at the flowers or sit in the grass. grab a sketchbook, some sudoku, a book, a puzzle, your thoughts, or anything else you could tinker with while enjoying the fresh air. something to make your brain work a little.
there’s more, of course, but this is all I can really come up with at the moment—I hope it works! now get off that web and have a good time!!
The thing that is fucking me up the most is the simple fact that Harry Styles is a fucking legend. The lads a fucking legend. Among the fucking mess and anarchy that is 21st century pop-culture, the boy has managed to make himself iconic before he’s even dropped a single. He’s managed to make himself relevant and raw and real. Fucking incredible. Never seen anything like it in my time, will probably never see it again. I’m so ready for everything he’s got to offer. Legend.
you can say you’re a lesbian if you only just figured it out
you can say you’re a lesbian if you haven’t dated any girls
if i was able to so surely say that i was straight (when i wasn’t) even before i dated a guy, kissed a guy, had a legitimate crush on a guy, then you’re allowed to say you’re a lesbian even if you haven’t “tried it” yet
you are real and valid and your identity is important, no matter what your dating history is