The lovely and kind laura-silvae tagged me for this. Thank you, dear!
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015.
There is no way I can pick just one out of the 50+ I’ve read this year. But the ones I really enjoyed: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-hour Bookstore, Brown Girl Dreaming, The Golem & the Jinni, Okay for Now, Cruel Beauty, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, A Mango-Shaped Space, Spindle’s End, If I Stay, and The Opposite of Fate.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2015.
Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt. I liked it even more than The Wednesday Wars.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Winter by Marissa Meyer
5. Biggest disappointment
Biggest? That’s hard. I guess I would say Peter and the Starcatchers, but not because it was a bad book. It was just so pretty, and I was hoping to love it as much as Percy Jackson because it was the same publisher. Alas.
6. Biggest surprise
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. That book was one wild ride from beginning to end.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Probably Gary D. Schmidt.
8. Newest fictional crush.
Levi from Fangirl.
9. Newest favourite character.
Doug Swieteck from Okay for Now and Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
10. Book that made you cry.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
11. Book that made you happy.
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
The only book adaptation I’ve watched this year is the Harry Potter series, so…yeah.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
I don’t do the review thing.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
My B&N leatherbound copies of Pride & Prejudice.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
ALL OF THEM. No, seriously, I don’t have any must-read-by, but I do want to read another 44 so I can reach my goal of 100 books for the year.
And I will tag, with no obligation: singingktp, youthbookreview (let’s see if I can finally tag you in something new!), librarianlucy, loonylovesbooks, studioushobbit, and polyethenes.