To start with the easiest we have this : The binary is 23, as in 23 heroes, the message translates to “She who has the information, has the power” If you put the large block of text in a base64 translator it makes a skull. That post is a countdown it started at 21 hours, and currently for me is 17 hours
There was another announcement post that I can’t find. But it also makes a skull: When you overlap the two skulls (difference shown here) you get a sentence that translates to
“I promised you guys a game, i believe that you guys, detectives of games would call it a trailhead BLZGDAUSA-AMBAS-CALAVERAS.HTML” If you put
“USA AMBRAS CALAVERAS.html” at the end of a blizzard link you get
this Which is Ana, but if you put the alphabet to the heart monitor it tells you “A moment in Crime” (Which is the name of Junkrat & Roadhog’s Story video) Shown here if you go to amomentincrime.com you get a website
If you email tips@Amomentincrime.com you get this email back immediately
There is a lot of cryptic shit and decoding, but keep your ears and eyes peeled in ~17 hours (like 1pm Est) And if you want to look more into it my source is this reddit thread
UPDATE 1: The Countdown has ended! And something DID happen! If you go to
amomentincrime.com now, not only did the website change colors to basic white with black text to the Sombra Black with Purple text but the website now says “Transmitting information assets ómnicos … 3%” And you guessed it my friends! That % is going up. Currently don’t know how fast, so no countdown for the next thing yet.
UPDATE 1.5: Nothing majorly new but thanks to @ridragon‘s code digging there is a sentence hidden in the code that translates to "well done, you have my password. hacking this television program was no joke. wait for what is to come.” ALSO they found that the counter on the website is text, and not an actual counter. Which is starting to seem accurate because it updated 1-4 within each hour, but it has been stuck at 4% for the past 5 hours.
UPDATE 1.75: The counter on a
amomentincrime.com went from 4, to 5, to 5.53, to 5.9% in 2 days (looked at the website @ ~9pm est) Also according to @fuzzypainter (proof by me here) they added another hidden sentence in the code that translates to “It seems that are heating things up … I’ll have to go incognito while this finishes.” Does that mean the ARG is on a little pause? I don’t know… we’ll find out.
UPDATE 2: Been awhile! amomentincrime.com is at 88% That’s a lot! And there has also been a leak of sombra’s appearance seen here:
The article (because it’s hard to read) says:
Hero: Sombra (She will be hacking her way into the build later tonight) *Picture of her* “Sombra is one of the worlds best and most notorious hackers. As a child she lost everything during the omnic crisis. (unknown) with computers to survive. She worked with the Los Muertos gang in Mexico executing increasingly more (unknown) until she attracted too much unwanted attention and had to go underground. During that time she was recongnized…..”
I haven’t seen anything about the Copenhagen attack on my dash and chances are if people start talking about it they’re going to be shut down by the Tumblr Police, but if there are Danes seeing this post, just know that you guys have all my support (and i bet most of French people’s support, regardless of skin color or religion, as well as Europeans in general). Double share of hugs if you are either a Muslim struggling with the perception of Islam, a Jew fearing for your future in Europe, or a journalist/cartoonist/artist wondering if you will be able to express inconvenient ideas without being shot.
why is everyone leaving/taking a hiatus? did something specific happen that has made people leave?
You got me thinking about this, anon, and I think there’s a lot reasons morale is low and why people have maybe reached a breaking point during the past couple of weeks (disclaimer: this is a lot about Louis and babygate because that’s the main point of stress I see, though I haven’t seen anyone on my dash leave over it):
1) While I’m super grateful that Louis and Harry have been able to go under the radar and would not have it any other way, it does make for quiet times. When you’re busy being hit by nonsense every other day, you don’t really have time to do anything but deal with that. The last two months or so have allowed people to time and space to think about other things, for resentments to build, for the fandom to eat itself alive. There’s a sense that there’s a lot of the line here (real people, future careers) as well as a truly absurd situation with the band (stunts, smears, manipulation) that bubble over into conflicts and heightened emotions.
2) As meager as they were pared down to eventually, seeing Louis stunt was usually accompanied by seeing the little signs of subversion. So without seeing them anymore, we also don’t see that and doubts are sown again. Especially combined with the fact that for whatever reason, Louis is obligated to play nice with Simon for (potentially) a much longer scale of time now thanks to this girlband. And that’s a very bitter pill to swallow, after a long ten months already.
3) Seeing other 1D members move on, Niall executing his solo plans, Liam dropping little references to his… people get antsy to see things move forward on the fronts we really want to hear about. And for every day they don’t, there’s anxiety about what that means. Plus, some people also then get nervous about Harry ‘moving on’ with an implied ‘without Louis’. (Though I personally think Harry has been avoiding that by keeping a low profile this whole time.)
4) Niall’s references to the future of 1D (and Harry’s in Another Man), while not very clear and sometimes seemingly contradictory, were finally messages about the band coming from the band members’ own mouths. And I think, sometimes not even consciously, that might give people the closure they’ve been waiting for. We know enough to know not to expect to see them in the next year at least so I think on some level, people waiting to put down their burdens and leave got a sign that it’s time.
5) Recent news about the immediate future has been disappointing? Niall is still with Modest! and SJPR, Louis is currently on vacation but business-wise even more tangled up with Simon thanks to Triple Strings and the girlband… it’s disheartening for the part of fandom that has been waiting to see them cut ties.
6) It’s just a matter of time, a year since MITAM released and then a year since the hiatus began are looming? People are T I R E D. There’s only so long a fandom can insulate itself while being bombarded by a lot of nonsense, I’ve actually been impressed the fandom has held up as well as it has. This is an unhealthy fandom in a number of ways so I do think it’s good for people to at least put some distance between it and them. You’ve really got to have a good coping method for the crappy parts. That’s also why I think there’s been some particular irritation over Niall’s slips of the tongue and contradictions in his promotion: people have stuck around because they hope the next era is going to be better. Even small signs that it’s going to be more of the same can be enough to send people heading for the hills at this point.
TL;DR: To quote Vee, “Too many things are happening and not enough Things are happening.” I think it’s coming to a head now because you can feel something has shifted but it hasn’t translated to stunts ending yet. Personally, I’ve been thinking things still have to get worse before they get better and been bracing for October-November in the hopes that November-December might be our turning point. So, the fact that fandom is experiencing some seismic shifts feels kind of right to me. I just hope there is something coming soon.
I’m not sure how to word this well, and please keep in mind I am white so if I say anything offensive please point it out so I don’t spread offensive things around.
It’s to do with Ben/Sulu and the way people are lauding Spock and Bones’ relationship over them. I’ve seen a few posts, one which has gotten quite a number of notes, and I feel uncomfortable seeing them on my dash. I’m sure they were made in light hearted shipping of the fandom but at the same time…
Saying that Spock and Bones were more gay in Beyond than Sulu and Ben just because they spent more screen time together undermines the relationship between Ben and Sulu. Ben and Sulu are the first gay men in Star Trek, and they’re both Asian gay men. Asian gay men are severely underrepresented and by saying that Spock and Bones were more gay in Beyond just seems to me to be a way of lowering the importance of this representation and their relationship in favour of highlighting two white men’s relationship, neither of which have ever been confirmed in canon to be gay or even hinted at being same-sex attracted. It seems to me (and correct me if I am wrong) that fandom is just once again praising and choosing the white gay ships while ignoring the more obvious, now actually canon, POC LGBT representation.
In conclusion, I feel like @luminousfinn‘s words seem to sum up what I’m trying to say: “Thank you for confirming that it was never actually about representation for you.”
not to rub salt in the fictional wound or anything, but I’ve seen a couple of people reacting to my post with comments like “yes, but they’re saying he wanted to hurt him. they’re not saying kill him” and yeah, no!
If the sheer brutality of the fight doesn’t make it obvious enough for you, here! Have Joe Russo spell it out for you:
JR: He really wants to murder Bucky with his own hands in this scene. And that’s really the thought process we were following. Why he kept trying to get close to Bucky. What he really… He wanted to hear him say that, admit that he did it and then make him suffer.
He says this in the audio commentary just before the Markus and McFeely comments.
Love Tony all you want, be his fan, support him, I don’t really care. You can argue he was consumed by grief, that had he learned about the truth in any other way he wouldn’t have reacted like that, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking he wasn’t gonna kill Bucky. And please stop trying to find reason where there’s none. Stop trying to excuse what he did the same way you don’t really wanna excuse Steve and Bucky for what they did.
((Hey there gang! Guess who’s not dead? (SPOILER: It is me.) Has your dash been smelling fresh… too fresh? I know. My blog and I missed you, too. A real gumbo of art block and other stuff made me drop off the face of the earth with no explanation, but I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things and start getting to all the fanart/features people have drawn in the interim, as I felt bad reblogging it while I wasn’t posting anything myself. So I have seen a lot of it, but feel free to message if you did something and want to be sure it got on my radar!
It has also come to my attention that I missed an important event so here you go:
Anyway, I’d like to sincerely thank everyone who’s messaged, followed, fanarted, and stuck by this blog through my long-ass hiatus. It means a lot to me, so thanks, Tumblrpon, sincerely. You’re the most!))
There are definitely fake blogs trolling the tags, taking advantage of the following sprees, reblogging posts and selfies, maybe even posting fake pics they found on Google. Anything to get black bloggers to follow them back so they can make sure their triggering content shows up directly on your dash.
BE CAREFUL WHO YOU FOLLOW. If their blog is no more than a few days old, if they seem overeager to “fit in” with the social justice crowd and appear as innocuous as possible, if they do nothing but poorly parrot everyone else’s sentiments, they are not to be trusted.
Blogs like kek-dude123, who just gave the most pathetic attempt to ferret out my main account I have ever seen. If you see any blogs that look like this one, BLOCK THEM.
I didn’t disappear to do anything weird like, for instance, reading 50 Shades of Grey, I promise. In fact, I was working on my costume, now that I’m completely, 100%, totally going to the ball, and I have to look perfect. Not because I’m going to stalk Mr. Darcy all night or anything, since that would be completely creepy, but just because it’s going to be a magical evening and now that I’ve finally seen the light I’m looking forward to it. But if there are any girls who want to help me practice casting make up charms on myself for the big night… Well, it would definitely be appreciated!
Nearly 80,000 people have been forced to evacuate the city, leaving absolutely everything behind. Many people are currently stuck living in airports, campgrounds, churches or wherever they can find until they have anywhere else to go.
While many Airbnbs, universities, reception centers, campgrounds, hotels or out of city residents are opening their doors for evacuees to stay for free or at least extremely lowered rates, they’re still in desperate need of supplies and relief funds.
The Red Cross is co-ordinating relief efforts on the ground and accepting monetary contributions. You can help donate by:
Listen, the best thing to come out of this has been the overwhelming love and support of each other that I’ve seen and felt in my own group chats and even on my dash.
Larries take care of our own.
So to all of you. Too many to list. Thank you for making me laugh, making me cry, challenging me, renewing my faith in love, carrying me through the hard days, believing in me, and becoming my best friends. When I made that first post ten months ago, I had no idea what I was stepping into. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Not one second.
I have always and will always believe we got to bear witness to the greatest love story ever told.