On the topic of the Netflix Death Note movie thing, from someone who’s been a fan of the manga for a long time now—
I just wanna say that while I’m not super excited about it, I wouldn’t crucify it for not being 100% loyal to the original story. Death Note already has 3 live action movies (which are really fucking good!), besides the anime and even a musical, so what Netflix did is mostly a…… Re-interpretation? Sort of?
I know people are worried about this being white-washing, but let us remember that Keith Stanfield will be playing L, too! The fact that the cast doesn’t have japanese actors as the main characters is because this movie is set in Seatle– like I said, as in a (sort of) re-interpretation of the story. I’m not gonna lie and say I didn’t feel suspicious at first, but I’m willing to give it a shot before actually criticizing it, you know. The cast looks good, and the trailer looked really cool too, so… I decided to just wait instead of getting mad ahead of time.
Plus the japanese public actually seems excited about it!
So idk, it’s good to be concerned about stuff like this, but just… Give this one a chance before bashing it.
I said no to Marion Guthrie’s plan despite having no alternative and at the risk of losing the entire endeavor because I refuse to situate a man in a position where he might interfere one day with my ability to repair things with you.
- lance is the jewelry guy
- he wears dangly blue earrings
- his regular customers are cute old ladies who always think he needs to eat more
-when he’s not attending customers he flirts with the cute dressing room attendant
-Keith is the dressing room attendant
- it’s mostly slow, but he can see the jewelry department from his post
- people ask him for opinions on their outfits
- he’s uncomfortable sharing his fashion advice, but he’s really good at it
- hunk and pidge are markdowns. And backroom. And overnight.
- They pretty much live in the store.
- they have their own secret lingo for the goings on.
- they will drop everything if someone brings in a cute dog
- shiro is the head cashier/coordinator.
- the customers love him. He’s charming and they forget how much they’re spending.
- he organizes breaks and returns
-lance always pesters him about it
- he and allura work well together
-they have their own sign language they use to talk from opposite sides of the store
-they think they’re sly about it (they’re not)
- allura is their favorite manager
- she is scary but treats them well
- she loves setting up fancy feature tables
- matt is security
- when he applied he thought it was tech security. Orientation was awkward
- he actually does really well though
- he blends in wearing regular clothes and his low center gravity is perfect for tackling would be thieves
-Shiro find this hilarious
-the galra are the walmart across the street
-more stuff available. But no morals
Click the read more if you want to know my slightly rambling thoughts on the Trouble video and including the BTS from it
in the initial launch of TS Now, and how it relates to what may come for our girls in the next year and TS 6.
another part for the baby shinichi au, this time with ‘ellery’ making himself a nightmare for haibara to look after so she’ll hurry up with her antidote. this is probably right after she tells him he’s better this way because at least now he can’t run off and reveal his identity to people (plus he’s still ticked off about hattori being the one to name him after his favourite writer, how dare she allow that to happen)
quick doodle of pastel kaiser chan from this afternoon i did in between frantic pokemon games… which i’m still playing in a great effort to avoid assignments which weren’t as easy as i thought they were going to be…. i don’t want to do it……i just want 5 eevees
Feeling lost again
I don’t know who I am
I don’t know what this life is
I don’t know how to live
I don’t know what to follow
I barely know how to swallow my pride
I barely know how to be alive
I don’t know how to have a life
Just doing whatever will pass the time
Just wasting away my only life
I don’t really know how to be alive
I am a loner
I don’t belong here
I’ve never belonged here
Only gotten along here
I know how to blend in
Know how to hide in my skin
I know how to pretend
But I will never fit in
It’s just not who I am