I love how in Moana they don’t give a fuck Moana is a girl. I mean her parents weren’t trying to find her a husband, or weren’t trying for a BROTHER. They were so chill she’s gonna be the chief. Even tho they only mentioned male chiefs (i mean who were before her dad) but no one even questions that she is a girl. She is daughter of the chief and it means she’s gonna be the next chief. And i think it’s beautiful.
And I absolutely love how her hair looks. So natural. Not this perfect hair style disney princesses usually have, but super natural messy look.
“This song is about a girl (friend) that I had. She was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I loved her but she didn’t feel the same way. I don’t even think she knew I loved her. This song is about the times I had with her. As she and I became close friends, we had traditions. It was kinda like our thing, yah know? We’d somehow always coincidentally be out at exactly 1:02AM, so that was our thing. Now whenever I’m awake at 1:02AM, I think of her and I let her go.” - Matty Healy
I’m not a big one on—I don’t know what to call it—getting all glamorous. I don’t really worry about my looks, and I don’t worry about getting old. Exterior beauty doesn’t mean a lot to me. I mean, sure I like to look nice—sometimes. This is going to contradict all the pictures with the interview, because I’m very glammed out. I’m a total hypocrite.
They don’t say much, but they FIGHT for their loved ones
They don’t show emotions, but they PROTECT their loved ones
They’ll kill for survival, but they’ll DIE for their loved ones
They don’t smile much, but when they do, it comes from PURE happiness
I was SO HAPPY to see so much interactions between Sun and Wolfgang happened in this season – I loved this pair since Christmas special when they had this whole “if you need help” “I’m fine. If you need some air” “I’m good” then * both smirk * scene
There are so many things Sun and Wolfgang share in common
Both are the quiet ones in the cluster; they are badasses; and THEY DESERVE PEACE & HAPPINESS – and LOVE!
They might be strong on the outside, but they have soft heart inside; and that sometimes make these two people blame themselves for what they’ve done
Their mothers loved them; their fathers…one was abusive and the other was ignorant; and their other family members (like Steiner and Joong Ki) just couldn’t leave them in peace
One thing they don’t share in common, other than their fighting style, is that when Sun needs help, she asks for help. Whereas Wolfgang would NEVER, EVER ask for help – even when he’s being captured and tortured by Whispers
I really hope that in the end, both Sun and Wolfgang find their own peace (except rest-in-peace bullshit, I won’t allow it)
Favorite moments in season 2 (spoilers!)
2x02 Who Am I?
– I like that when they’re visiting each other, neither of them says ‘hi’ or ‘what’s up?’ Instead they just simply have a short eye contact and that’s it. The zoo scene sums up Sun and Wolfgang’s relationship. And we love this quiet-yet-we-know-each-other-by-just-looking-at-one’s-eyes. PERFECTION
– Not just from this scene, but most conversations between Sun and Wolfgang are short, very straightforward & concise…and that’s what makes their dynamic so real and sincere because we know both characters share a deep connection through their unspoken pain
– OK, I love Sun just the way she is. But I absolutely love her when she embodies Wolfang. Two words; and her level of being badass just exploded there. Hats off to Doona’s perfect portrayal of Wolfgang/Max
– In graveyard scene, everyone from the cluster talks to her from their heart…from their experience. What differentiates Wolfgang from rest of them is he’s the only one who says ‘the world would be better without’ people like Joong Ki and Wolfgang’s father. Revenge is a double-edged sword. It’s bittersweet. And Wolfgang has already had a taste of revenge..several times. However, I don’t think sweetness of revenge or his skepticism about justice are entire reasons why he says it. I think it’s because deep down he knows Sun is stronger than she thinks; strong enough to not only make Joong Ki pay for her father’s death but also take in the bitterness of revenge
– This is not an interaction between them, but I really wanted to go over this little parallel scenes. Another thing I love about Sun and Wolfgang is they don’t use their strengths to bully someone or to just show off. They use them to protect their loved ones when they are treated like shit by shitty peoplenot nicely
– I know I didn’t include “I would” in Gala scene. Doesn’t mean I don’t like it; it’s just kinda goes along with what I’ve written in graveyard scene. I didn’t want to be redundant. But yeah, I liked that scene too: Wolfgang in gangsta mode walking by Sun’s side while others are trying to stop her XD
– But back to the point, I personally like this scene more simply because I love when Wolfgang shows his gentle and caring side of him towards his cluster. Like when he cared for Will [x]. Also, we don’t really get to see Sun being afraid a lot (I mean of course, she’s a warrior), so it was kinda good to see her being weak and vulnerable for a moment but then quickly regaining her calmness after her cluster reassures she’s going to be fine. It shows how much Sun trusts her cluster; and how much her cluster cares for her (PLATONIC LOVE RIGHT HERE PEOPLE!)
I would say most interactions between Wolfgang and Sun happened during ‘sharing’ – resulting great action sequences, which also proves (again) that these two are not talkers; they’re fighters. Maybe that’s why they make an awesome pair!
“Oh no.” Tom chuckled, shifting in his seat. He knew the topic of [Y/N] was going to inevitable. He had tried hard to curve the questions in a different direction but he knew the radio host was a bit persistent than most interviewers he had been around. So, he was going to put on his big boy pants and tackle these questions regarding his ex-girlfriend.
“I know, I know. These aren’t the kind of questions you wanna hear but you know, we gotta know Tom. We got to know.” The host laughed in his normal obnoxious way. Clearing his throat, he started. “So what’s the story, what happened man?”
Tom scratched the back of his ear as he stretched, “Well, uh, we, there’s not much to this story, by the way.” Shifting again in his seat, he shrugged. “I mean we just decided to stay friends.”
“Aw, come on Tom. Give us more than that!” The host laughed, “Okay, how about this. Who broke up with who?”
“Me.” Tom winced, rubbing his hands over his face, “[Y/N] is a wonderful, wonderful girl. I absolutely loved spending time with her but I physically couldn’t give her the time she deserved, you know? She could only travel with me on rare occasions because she’s a busy girl too. It just wasn’t fair and I didn’t want to hold her up when she could find someone else.”
“I think you messed up, Tom.” The host replied, shaking his head. “You gotta fight through those things, man. She’s a keeper, dude. She’s such a sweet girl. I mean a little feisty but believe me, I’m a man of experience, you can’t let a girl like that get away.”
Tom laughed, “I’ve been told I’ve messed up by a lot of people. My best buddy, Harrison, laid into me, actually.”
The host frowned and rolled his eyes, “Yeah, well you did. Because now she’s rumored to be with [another celeb crush]. How does that make you feel?”
Shrugging, “I mean if she’s happy that’s all that matters. It shouldn’t matter how I feel, I’m the one who let her go. It’s my own fault if I feel negative.”
“Well, man, I think you can take him. One on one, whoever wins gets the girl.”
Again, Tom laughed, shaking his head. “I don’t know, I don’t think so.”
“I hope everything words out for you man. You two were a cute couple, it’s a shame that it didn’t work out but you know, that’s life. It throws curveballs at you, you just got to know when to catch and when to dodge ‘em.”
Tom nodded, “Thanks. I mean who knows what’ll happen the next time our paths cross.”
“So you’re saying that if she wanted to get back together, you’d be all in?”
“What? Yeah, I mean possibly.” Shrugging, “Like I said, [Y/N] is a great girl. I just didn’t want to be that guy who got so wrapped up in his work and lost track of time. I think if you’re in a relationship, it should feel like it. You know, always trying to finish up so you can be with her or trying to find just five seconds to call to see how her day is going. I could’t do that when we were together, it was just go, go, go. I had no time and again, it’s not fair for her. I want her to be happy. That’s the goal, isn’t it?”
“You seem like a smart kid on the matter. I’ll back off, now.”The host laughed and continued on about a different topic, leaving Tom thinking about how much he actually missed [Y/N]. He had a point though, didn’t he? Of course he did. Tom respected [Y/N] too much to leave her wondering if he was ever going to call because in all and all, he wanted to but never had the time.
Maybe after the interview he’d text her to see how she’s doing and if she’s happy with how things went down because if she wasn’t. Maybe, just maybe, he could fix them.
I don’t know how to write happy things. I don’t know how to spell I love you on paper without it being about some lost or broken love. I don’t know how to tell the world that she’s the brightest star in my sky, the best cup of coffee on a rainy summer morning. I wish I could tell you how her laugh is my lullaby and my morning song, her smile my joy and how her body makes my knees weak. About how I would give the world to see her happy after every heartbreak she’s been through. I really wish I could tell you everything I absolutely love about her but, I don’t know how to write happy things.
I don’t think Lapis apologists are even capable of being honest.
And by Lapis apologists, I don’t mean Lapis fans. I’m a Lapis fan. I absolutely love her, warts and all.
I mean the kind that are so determined to have their precious water angel be blameless of any wrongdoing that they’ll not only ignore canon, but lie. They’ll insist that Jasper brought Lapis to Earth and tortured her for information. Never mind that Lapis and Peridot both said that it was Peridot who brought her back and interrogated her. (No mention of torture, btw.)
They’ll insist that Lapis held Malachite together for Steven, ignoring Lapis’s own words to the contrary. They’ll say that her feeling bad about Malachite is just a victim blaming herself.
Those people do not care about Lapis. They never have. They care about the image of Lapis they’ve built up in their minds, and that image is of an eternal victim, who suffers prettily but somehow gets the strength to help her dear friend.
And Lapis isn’t like that. She’s far more complicated. She’s very kind to her friends, but has a powerful streak of cruelty and selfishness running through her. And I love her for that. She wants to be better person, and struggles through her hardships, including knowing that she’s the kind of person who would abuse for months the first person to offer herself up as a victim.
But that’s not who Lapis wants to be. She wants to be better. She wants to be kinder. Lapis is absolutely wonderful.