Well of course I think Emma’s happy with Hook! who thinks she isn’t?
Not only did she say so to Regina back in 4x05, but other characters have noted it as well. Snow saying “she seems happy”, Henry saying he wanted her “to be happy” so she should go out with Hook.
Plus we’ve never seen Emma Swan smile as much as she has this season. She’s glowing - radiating love in nearly every scene with Hook.
For me the emotional payoff of this season was actually HUGE - we just had to wait for it over the course of the whole season instead of getting it all in 4A or the midseason finale. Since I was expecting it to go that way anyways I was not disappointed and I’ve been incredibly happy with the way things have turned out.
- Emma asked Hook out - and they had an incredible date
- so many cute domestic moments
- so many HOT kisses
- emma shared her childhood memories with Hook
- Hook was repeatedly willing to die for Emma
- Emma worked endlessly to convince Hook he’s a HERO…
- in our world and in another reality!
- He counseled her on repairing her relationship with her parents
- She told him she can’t lose him
- Emma holding Hook’s heart in her hands
- The two of them falling for each other in yet another AU
- He said she was his happy ending
- SHE TOLD HIM SHE LOVED HIM
I don’t know what kind of emotional payoff people felt was lacking!!!
Because we got basically EVERYTHING with the exception of a TLK. The writers need to save something for next season don’t they???