Icons for you and your space crazed FE friends. I thought that some of the edits would look good as icons (especially the Camilla edit that a lot of people loved including me), so I tried out a few as icons.
Credit is appreciated, but not necessary if you guys use them.
... mchanzo fic recs, you say? :D Show us the way!
*cracks knuckles* I should be doing work but this is totally more important lmao
If you’ve searched by kudos, then you probably already saw Hang the Fool on the list so I’m not going to link to it. My own personal recs:
four days - raise your hand if you’re a sucker for the fake relationship trope! Jesse convinces Hanzo to pretend to be his boyfriend when he goes home to visit his mom and sisters. Freaking adorable.
Good Fences Make Good Neighbors - same trope as above, except this time the pair are undercover pretending to be married. A lot of humor…Hanzo’s rivalry with one of the neighborhood women is fantastic.
Cowman and the Dragonfly - THIS ONE MADE MY HEART HURT. Hanzo and Jesse meet when they’re younger and are reunited after Hanzo joins Overwatch. Short but sweet (and a happy ending).
Lost in Translation - Pining Hanzo flirts with Jesse, but only in Japanese…which Jesse doesn’t understand. Genji is horrified and it’s fantastic.
Threads - Soulmate AU with the red string of fate. Hanzo has given up hope of ever meeting his soulmate, but Jesse hasn’t
Oh Simple Thing - another sad one with a happy ending. Hanzo and Jesse are reunited years after they’ve retired from Overwatch.
The New Tattoo - Another soulmate AU! Every time you fall in love (platonic or romantic) a tattoo shows up on your body showing what they mean to you. I think you can imagine where this goes.
Points on a Circle - I like this one cause the chapters switch character POV, focusing mainly on Hanzo, Jesse and Satya. If you like fics involving the noodle dragons (aka Hanzo’s dragons) this is a good one.
I have a TON more in my marked for later folder, but I haven’t had a ton of time to read lately so I’m super behind. These are the ones that stick out as must-reads for me, though. I’m also sure I’m forgetting some, so if anyone has others they want to add, feel free! Enjoy :D
At my theater, we sell hotdogs. If the hotdogs are not fully cooked yet, we cannot sell them. They’re on a slow cooker, and it takes 20-30 minutes for them to fully cook. During the time that they are cooking, if there aren’t any premade, we can’t sell them to customers. And this pisses everyone off.
I’ve had new people accidentally presell hotdogs during huge rushes. Once during the 2015 Star Wars premiere, I had a new girl do that. I was helping my own customer, the lobby was packed, we had people on EVERY register in Concession. So the customers she pre sold hotdogs to got all up in my face because they were standing amongst the madness, didn’t say anything about what they were waiting for, and they saw me make a now fully cooked hotdog for my customer. “Don’t sell hotdogs to other people, we’ve been waiting 45 minutes for hotdogs.” So I make their hotdogs and give them to them and they just keep harping. “45 minutes for hotdogs is ridiculous (they’re completely ignoring the huge rush around us.)”“we almost missed our movie!” Finally I snapped and told them I don’t have time to listen to them complain and told them if they still had complaints, they’d have to go to customer service.
Another time, all the water in our mall got shut off somehow so we had to close up due to health standard issues. The theater itself was closed for two hours and anyone who bought tickets online for a movie during that time would receive a refund. When we finally opened, we had to recook our hotdogs, so we didn’t have any ready. This lady got so pissed that I couldn’t presell her any that she made me call my manager and screamed at him. He told me to just presell the hotdogs to make her shut up, and then she complained that she had to wait 20 minutes until the were fully cooked.
The most recent one was a lady who couldn’t understand why we couldn’t sell them to her before they were done cooking. She wanted us to sell, wrap, and give her two hotdogs that weren’t fully cooked. Allow me to give you the conversation play by play:
Her: I would like two hotdogs
Me: I’m so sorry ma'am, we don’t have any hotdogs ready for you
Her: there are some right behind you
Me: yes ma'am, those are still cooking
Her: well how long have they been cooking?
Me: for about ten minutes
Her *giving me the sympathetic “you’re so stupid” look*: I don’t think it takes more than ten minutes to cook hotdogs
Me: they’re on a slow cooker
Her: well how long will they take to be ready?
Me: probably about 10-20 more minutes ma'am
Her: it takes 30 minutes to cook hotdogs? Don’t you guys have a microwave??
Me: no ma'am
Her: then how do you cook the chicken tenders
Me: a fryer? *points at the giant fryer right behind me*
Her: well fine, I’ll wait. I’ll take those two hotdogs, the meal please, and-
Me: I’m sorry ma'am, I can’t presell hotdogs
Me: I can’t just presell the hotdogs, ma'am. They have to be fully cooked before they can be sold
Her: you’re joking. That’s what we want! This is ridiculous, you guys need to figure out this hotdog situation because it is absolutely disrespectful. *sighs* fine, im just going to wait right here until they’re done.
Me: ma'am, I’m going to have to ask you to step aside so I can take the next customer
Her: no. I’m not moving until the hotdogs are finished cooking.
At this point I’m having a glaring contest with this bitch who’s holding up my line. I call a manager about an issue with a customer and my manager walks up. They have a talk with the lady and goes,“Just go ahead and sell her the hotdogs so she’ll leave” right in front of this lady. The lady is smirking like she won as I wrap her two hotdogs and sell them to her. I’m just thinking “Enjoy your food poisoning, dumbass” as she walks away eating her undercooked hotdog.
Those are the best stories I could think of, I have tons more. Just. About. The Damn. Hotdogs.
TL;DR: Some people will do anything to get some wieners in their mouths.
In my programming classes, there is this kid. Let’s call him J. J is a hardcore alt-right kind of dude who sees no issues with the things he’s saying. Here are the best examples from the last day of the semester (in exact quotes):
-“Some liberals believe in abortion up until the child is five”
-“Some people believe that alt-right means white supremacist. Its not that I think whites are better, it’s that we are being bred out of existence due to interracial dating. Besides, if they can be proud of being black, I can be proud of being white.”
-“If my girlfriend got pregnant, and the pregnancy would kill her, I would still make her keep it. She lived a good life, it’s only fair to give the child a chance.”
-“I hate that all of these libtard feminists are trying to censor pornography. So what if I get off to rape porn? Wasn’t I just born this way like they claim the gays were”
I have a ton more quotes, but those are ONLY from the last day, like I said
saw a very fat kid with like 30+ Trump stickers on his laptop, also wore a smug pepe t-shirt to class one day
◟ * ･ﾟ✧ by clicking RIGHT HERE, you’ll be directed to +1,000 +1,340 gif icons of harry styles sized in 75x75 dimensions. not even one of these are made by me, all of them have been collected through the years, and all i did was crop, resize and edit them, so full and complete credit to the rightful owners. all of them (or most of them i guess) are from 2014 to 2016, so this hunt it’s full of his gorgeous stage of long marvelous hair. i will be updating this regularly because i still have a ton more gifs to share w/ yall. you can do whatever you want w/ these just don’t repost please, a like and/or reblog will be gladly appreciated.
1. Always do your work when you get it and don’t wait until the last minute. Waiting until the last minute to get work done will sometimes allow you to still get things done by their due date but it leaves little room for studying and reviewing between then and in the end will hurt you on exams.
2. Work alone. The best way to learn new material is to do it on your own and struggle through and figure it out ON YOUR OWN. I wish someone had told me this because I really struggled to catch up in classes this past semester because I would do my homework with friends instead of learning how to do things on my own and it hurt me a lot on exams.
3. Find friends you can study with.You want to be able to be productive if you choose to do a study session. Studying with friends might be okay if you work well together but chances are you’ll get distracted. Find people you work well with to study because you tend to learn more that way. For me, that was people I met in class and at office hours.
4. Please oh, please use office hours This is such a big one that freshman don’t use until the last minute. These are your best bet for getting questions answered if you didn’t understand something in lecture, on your homework, etc. Plus, getting to know your prof is very important because they tend to be more helpful if they see you are working hard in their class and they give good letters of recommendation if you make a good impression on them. If you can’t make their office hours, email them or set up an appointment. It’s very important to have good communication.
5. Sit in the front and ask questions Be the nerd of the lecture by sitting in the front and don’t be afraid to ask a question. However, if its a question that requires a lengthy answer, save it for office hours so you don’t the lecture behind schedule.
6. BUY AND READ THE DARN TEXTBOOK So many people tell you not to buy the textbook if you don’t truly need it for assignments but that is so wrong. You will always need the textbook if it is in the syllabus. Period. Read the chapters BEFORE lecture and review it afterward if material still doesn’t make sense. You will learn so much more and remember so much more in a faster time period than if you don’t read it at all. The book is also extremely important for covering details that won’t be covered in lecture.
1. Meet new and DIFFERENT people instead of people like yourself. These people will show you so many cool new things that you’ll never experience otherwise. Meeting new and different people can be challenging and uncomfortable at first if you’re shy like me but it will make your college experience much more worth it.
2. Join clubs but not too many. Take part in activities and clubs that you enjoy but be careful not to overload yourself. Freshman year you should start off by just trying a few clubs here and there just to see what you like before committing to a lot of anything.
3. Don’t be afraid to say no to alcohol, drugs, and even hanging out. College students say “You do you” and they really mean it. You don’t have to feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do and no one will judge you for that. If you find “friends” who do judge you, make some new friends. Also, remember that school comes first so if you have a large project to do and your friends want to go out, its ok to say no. Your friends should understand that in college, you really need to get stuff done and that schedule can be different than theirs.
4. Be okay with being alone but completely surrounded by people. You are almost guaranteed to different schedules than your friends so you’ll learn that you’ll often be eating or doing school work alone. This is perfectly normal! Learn to like it because it’s nice to do things on your own. You may feel lonely sometimes but you’re also always surrounded by people. It’s hard to find actual privacy in college especially when you live in the dorms and share a room with a roommate. It will be strange at first but you’ll find the right balance of being along and being with people over time.
Roommates and Dorms
1. “A clean room is a clean mind.” Keeping a clean room will help you to study because you’ll be able to easily find everything you need instead of digging through piles of clothes and other belongings. Dorm rooms are also very small so putting things in their rightful storage places is essential for keeping a tidy room.
2. Study outside of your room as much as you can. If you’re like me, you can distract yourself easily especially when you don’t want to do something (like study). By getting the majority of your work done in the library or somewhere else on campus other than your room, you have less options to distract yourself whereas in your room, you have all your stuff to pick up and lose hours of study time with.
3. Be straightforward with your roommate. If your roommate is doing something that bothers you, tell them clearly right away (politely). Otherwise, they’ll never know and continue to do what is bothering you. In order to avoid arguments, tell them right away very nicely and they should stop. It might be their room too, but you need to make sure that you’re happy as well.
I hope this was helpful. This is only SOME of the tips I could think of for right now but I have tons more tips and advice that I love to share. If you have any questions about these tips or want to know more, feel free to ask.
*sighs* I want Tamlin to stop being a dick and wake the FUCK up. I want Cassian's gorgeous wings to heal. I want Azriel to be happy. I want Mor to realise that Azriel loves her. I want Amren to be free. I want Feysand to be FUCKING GET BACK TOGETHER. THEY'RE MARRIED AND ALL BUT SHE'S HALFWAY ACROSS THE DAMNED CONTINENT *mental breakdown*
That's only one series, Santa. I have shit ton more up my sleeves. I WANT MY DARLING, BABY, FIRE BREATHING BITCH QUEEN, AELIN ASHRYVER WHITETHORN-GALATHYNIUS TO NOT DIE. I want... MAEVE TO BURN IN HELL— wait. no. She has to suffer in the hands of Aelin's court first. That'll be cool. I want Lysaedion to happen. I want Elorcan to get back together. AND MANORIAN! *cries* PLEASE BE AN ACTUAL COUPLE. I want Rowan and his companions to not get hurt while saving Aelin. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR ?!