Rusty Nail’s Recipies
I’ve heard many of you talk about your love for a Rusty classic that he’s brought to and shared at many a con. And I was lucky enough that he gave me the recipe for it in a stream. I think now is a good time to share this simple and sweet recipe in his honor. I’ve preserved the language he used while still trying to mimic the style from his blog. Let’s all pour one out for a really phenomenal, funny, creative, influential, amiable, beloved member of our community.
Ladies and gentlemen,
It’s Honey Vanilla Infused Vodka
- 1 750ml bottle of 80 proof Smirnoff
- 1 12oz jar of honey. Like the squeezy honey bear from the grocery store.
- 1 Actual Fucking Vanilla Bean
Making Honey Vanilla Infused Vodka:
- Open bottle of Vodka and take a little swig
- Squeeze entire bear into bottle
- Place a knife about a quarter inch from the tip of the bean, and slit that sucker from bottom to top. Quarter inch stays connected at the bottom. Quarter inch stays connected at the top.
- Put bean into bottle.
- Screw cap back on bottle.
- Shake that motherfucker like you’re trying to become the next goddamned vine meme for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put it in the fridge for a month. Shake it once a day for about a minute.
You’ve just made Honey Vanilla Infused Vodka!
Cheers, Rusty! We love you, man. You were taken from us too soon, but few people can say they’ve had as much of an impact as they did while alive as you did. And I think that’s worthy of celebration! Raise a glass!