Connecting the dots...
So on Tuesday, a blind item was written about Louis and Eleanor reuniting and signing a “new deal” in the process.
- Priming the fandom at large: About about a month was spent on social media likes and follows and articles from about the minute the Douis break-up announcement hit until Sunday of this week (19 February 2017).
- The blind item: On Tuesday (21 February), a blind item was published on our old friend Blind Gossip’s website. Yes, I know it’s a blind item. Yes, I know Blind Gossip lies out it’s ass 99% of the time. But this blind was written to specifically speak to larries. They framed it as a contract relationship (read: fake) and that it was a “GOOD thing” she was coming back, despite fan (read: larrie) reservations. Then they went on to say the person (Louis) was considering signing a new deal with this person (Eleanor).
- Sony Pictures: On Wedensday (22 February), Jojo was called to take pictures of Louis at the Sony offices in West London just hours before the Brits. She DMed an update account and said the pictures would not be published that day. Despite some indications Louis would attend the Brit Awards, he did not (and we all know the weird shit show that followed).
- The Reunited Article: To no one’s surprise, the article the pictures were published with was about a Louis/Eleanor reunion, thus implying Louis was in on the pictures and the content of the article.
So, if we follow the very obvious crumb trail here, fans are meant to believe:
- Antis, Elounor Shippers, Ex-Larries, etc. - Eleanor and Louis are back together and God is real again and the larries will finally shut up! BABY + ELEANOR=LARRIE KRYPTONITE!
- Larries - If we assume the blind item is correct, then maybe Louis did sign a new deal with Eleanor at Sony this week, and that means she’ll be around for a while. And we know that their public trips to Sony (Liam and Louis’ specifically) are often followed by dumb shit (Chiam baby, babygate).
Basically, the trail is obvious. It emboldens the antis, but the blind, especially, was designed to speak to the “exhaustion” of the larries. We talk about it all the time. What’s the worst case scenario for some of us? 2 Louis stunts. The end of babygate but the return of Elounor doesn’t sit well with some of us, either.
So it becomes a little easier to rationalize Louis wants to remain closeted, that he’s made this choice, that “we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes,” and that part may be true. But the way this has been set up on a silver platter for everyone, twisted just the right way for each audience, made for public consumption since the beginning of time, is why we shouldn’t believe the bullshit, even when it’s been manufactured to speak directly to us as a subset of this narrative.
I think Eleanor, at this point, is going to be around at least a couple of months, maybe a few more, and it’s important that we just don’t let the demons shout down the better angels in our brains, so to speak, and allow the exhaustion and confusion and the images we’re seeing break us. Because that’s what they’re designed to do.
So just hold on. :)