Don't Worry Guys! I Fixed it.
HIMYM ep. 9-24. (After Ted meets the mother, before everything went to hell… also you can either assume the divorce doesn’t happen, or they stay together/ reconnect after it did, or they manage to stay good friends)
Ted- And that’s the story of how I met your mother
kids are relieved and start to get up
- Kids, I have to tell you something.
- Really, you literally JUST finished telling us something.
- Yeah, you’ve been talking for like 10 years.
- No way. 9 years -Tops… this isn’t really a story about how I met your mother.
kids roll eyes
It’s a story about how I met…me. How everything I went through taught me who I was. How relationships that couldn’t work showed me how precious the ones that do work are. How worth it waiting and finding the love of your life is, even if it takes a while to get there. And how friends become the family that you chose for yourself.
The mom and dad that keep you grounded and give you advice you’ll actually listen too
(Cut to Marshal and Lilly yelling “chug chug chug”).
The younger brother that drives you insane but keeps life fun
(Cut to Barney and Ted playing laser tag)
The older sister that you look up to, idolize, because she knows what she wants and goes for it. That you would do anything for and who makes you want to be better.
(cut to Robin as an anchor or really doing anything AWESOME)
Kids, you’re growing up. You’re not always going to want me around. I wanted to impart a little wisdom before you stop listening to me….
Oh my god. What are you still doing in here. Marvin’s outside. He said he’d drive you to the mall. Now scoot.
(Kids look incredibly grateful, jump of couch and run out)
Mother to Ted
- Now come on. You’ve been gone forever and its our turn.
Kiss, grabs Ted’s hand and leads him outside.
On the porch (that we saw when Lilly first mentioned the porch test) Lilly, Marshal, Robin and Barney are playing cards.
- There he is (or something improvised that thank goodness he’s done telling his story.)
- Good. Now take your turn. ‘Cuz Robin and I are gonna kick your butt and it’s gonna be Legend… wait for it…