It’s September 1st, and it’s time to go back to Hogwarts! Yay! I’m one of those millions of potterheads who can’t get over the magical world of Harry Potter! I think JK Rowling herself made her horcrux in those seven books of Harry Potter… because even if the series had ended, still, the magic continues!
Anyway, I listed down here the top 20 facts about Harry Potter that even I myself was knock off my broom when I read this! HAHAHa =))
1. JK Rowling Stated that Lord Voldemort is pronounced without a ’t'
2. JK Rowling and Harry Potter shares the same birthday, July 31
3. In the Spanish translation of Harry Potter books, Nevill Longbottom’s toad, Trevor, had been translated as ‘turtle’ instead of frog.
4. Over the course of Harry Potter movies, 6 actors have played Voldemort
5. Dumbledore is an early English word for 'Bumblebee’
6. The least financially successful Harry Potter film made $90 Million more than the most successful Twilight movie
7. Dragon blood is an effective oven cleaner
8. Harry Potter actor, Daniel Radcliffe voiced the cartoon parody of Twilight’s Edward Cullen, on “The Simpsons”
9. 'Vol de Mort’ means 'Flight of Death’ in French
10. The actress who played Moaning Myrtle is actually 37 years old and is the oldest actress to portray a Hogwarts student
11. The driver and the conductor of the Knight Bus, Ernie and Stanley, are named after Rowling’s grandfathers
12. The Weasley twins aren’t actually redheads
13. JK Rowling is the first person to become a billionaire by writing books
14. So many fans visit King’s Cross Station to take pictures of platforms 9 and 10 and the station management erected a sign that says “Platform 9 ¾”
15. Rowling has said that when she took an online Sorting Hat quiz it sorted her into Hufflepuff
16. The Death Eaters were originally known as the Knights of Walpurgis
17. Hogwarts School motto, “Draco domiens nunquam titillandus" which is Latin for "Never tickle a sleeping dragon”
18. An outbreak of lice occurred among the children cast members during the filming of Chamber of Secrets.
19. “Avada Kedavra” derives from Aramaic phrase “Abhadda kedhabhra” which means “to disappear like this world”
20. JK Rowling said that James Potter is a Chaser in Gryffindor Quidditch team, unlike to Harry who is the Seeker.
(SOURCE: Click here except for number 20 which came from Rowling’s interview =) )