Recently a new book came out on Hildreth Meière, the artist behind such familiar NYC architectural ornaments and murals as this medallion on the front of Radio City Music Hall (photo: NY Times). Since The Art Deco Murals of Hildreth Meière was published, several articles have appeared. Below are handy links:
- “If These Walls Could Speak, They’d Say Her Name” (NY Times)
- “Art Deco New York” (NY Times slide show)
- “The Best Art Deco Designer Who Almost No One Remembers” (The Atlantic)
- “New book highlights work of female Art Deco muralist” (AP)
And before you ask, no, I hadn’t heard of her either, although surely there are those of you who follow this blog who have.
- Wikipedia: Hildreth Meière
- Hildreth Meiere Official Website
- Goodreads: The Art Deco Murals of Hildreth Meiere
- Self-portrait, 1943
The book is on my wish list now.