Heather Chandler! (Halloween 2014)
This has been sitting in my drafts for a while and I figured it was high time to post better pictures of it.
When I first decided who I was going to be for Halloween, I really only intended to quickly throw together a quick closet-cosplay type thing and source a red blazer from Amazon or something. But the one I was eyeing was sold out, and I was coming up short everywhere else I look, and that got me thinking about how it was a fairly straightforward piece to make. I’m a pretty big stickler for getting things as accurate as possible, and once that kicked in, I REALLY couldn’t just settle for any old red blazer.
BUT it was Halloween, it was last minute, I was on a budget and I really wasn’t sure how strong my resolve was. Luckily I had several yards of a red gabardine in my closet and it was more than enough to do the trick. Back when the original post was circulating, I got a lot of asks about how I actually made it and the answer is still that I draped out a pattern, cut the pieces and then sewed them together. :P
I actually DID find the exact buttons that were used on the stage costume itself, but they were too pricey to use on a costume I was only going to get one or two wears out of. However, I did pick up a few of the stage-accurate ones for hairbows and they are available right here on my storenvy!
Last but not least, some of you may remember that the skirt was another ridiculously stage-accurate lucky find from American Apparel and that I almost didn’t buy it because I was worried for some reason that I’d never get a chance to wear it IRL
and then it became one of my favorite skirts of all time.
Like Viscountess Designs on FB for more sewing projects and original design work!