Drarry fic recs II
This is the follow-up to my Drarry fic recs part I because long post is long. I just have too much love for this pairing and it is ruining my life. In the best way. Again, as a sort of blanket warning for the whole thing, remember I have an unhealthy love for fics that make me want to curl up in a corner and cry.
• A Piercing Comfort - You know that feeling when you read something and you can slowly feel your heart just shatter into pieces? Allow me to introduce you to PTSD!Harry and therapist!Draco–they’ll tell you all about it. This is a gorgeous read that will leave you hurting and wanting for more more more.
• Harry Potter and the Sentinel Phenomenon - Bonding fic? Magical theory featuring things like hypersensitivity and walking through other soul realms? I’m IN LOVE with everything about this fic ‘verse because it’s all my guilty pleasures rolled into one. I mean, initially Harry needs Draco’s touch or else it hurts him to even breathe. They anchor each other. It is beautiful.
• All Life is Yours to Miss - Because no rec list is complete without at least one Sara’s Girl fic on it. This one really strikes home for me on a personal level and parts of it hurt to read. It’s a Draco-centered piece where he struggles to find his place in the world and learn to live. I adore his journey in this and how he falls in love with Harry while learning how to love himself.
• Right Hand Red - A classic that lives up to the hype. This is my favorite Eight Year fic and it’s all in there in the writing–the scorching hot kisses, the sexual tension, and the way one look from Draco can bring Harry to his metaphorical knees. It is Drarry at their best and they are so perfect for each other.
• Azoth - Glorious, glorious magical theory with everything from wandless magic to advanced Potions and Transfigurations. I mean, Harry and Draco create a Philosopher’s Stone! This story is so clever, so endlessly fascinating, and I love how it has all this amazing pining while our boys figure out that they are meant to be together. It is lovely–and oh, does it ache.
• Unhook the Stars - This is PTSD and intimacy issues combined with loads of explicit sex (read the warnings), resulting in one of the most dysfunctional and utterly beautiful relationships I have come across. They keep pushing each other’s limits, and the characterization of Draco is so complex, this snarky contrast of arrogance and vulnerability. Writing’s just excellent, too.
• Incurable - A non-magic AU that will end you. It. will. end. you. After years of terrible Dursley abuse and four years at St. Brutus Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys, this Harry will ruin you because even after everything, he’s so endearing, so precious, and he deserved so much better. It will call forth every protective instinct in your body. I worked myself through boxes of tissues and I am still a wreck. I loved it. (Also, for similar heartbreak, try Draco’s Boy.)
• He Was He and I Was Bunny - I give you Animagus!Harry who likes to curl up in Draco’s lap while in his bunny form and beg for cuddles. There’s such a connection between Draco and Harry in this, it changes everything they’ve ever known, and I just adore every single interaction between them.
… That’s it for this round. I strongly suspect there will be a third part once I’ve recovered from writing this one. SO MUCH AMAZING DRARRY.
And again, please do let me know if you have any angsty recs for me.