I’d really like to point out to check out Dope2111′s channel because she has A LOT of makeup tutorials that you can use for halloween or any event in general. Her videos vary from Disney characters to celebrities to cartoon characters. I’m sure that you’ll find something useful there!
It’s that time of the year again where we need to remind ourselves to not be assholes because every year without fail, SOMEONE manages to go so far above and beyond common sense that it’s a wonder that they even manage to get dressed in the morning. In other words; Halloween is around the corner, and with that comes all kinds of insensitive fuckery. So: consider this a PSA on what not to do. Let’s get into it!
• Another’s culture is not a costume. That means no Native American headgear, no geisha robe, no Indian sari, no Arab sheik outfit, and - I still can’t believes this even needs to be said in 2017 but here we go - for the love of god, no blackface.
• Don’t bodyshame. No fat suits of any kind, no “Anna Rexia” costumes. Duh.
• Don’t dress as Caitlyn Jenner or any other trans person because what the fuck is wrong with you.
• Mental asylums were real institutions where real people lived real lives. What you perceive as “scary” or “creepy” was their reality, and many, MANY of us live with mental illness every day of the year. You get to wash your under-eye coal pencil off your face and remove your strait jacket or white robe before you go to bed on Halloween night - many of us don’t have that privilege. There is no such respite for us.
• Don’t zombiefy recently deceased celebrities. They were real people and their loved ones are mourning. Don’t be a disrespectful prick.
• Don’t dress up as O.J & Nicole, or any combination of sport stars and their abuse victims
• Don’t dress up as a homeless person. Do I even need to explain why? The fuck.
• No “escaped convict” costumes. Again, millions of men and women are in prison as part of their reality and they are individuals with their own narratives and life stories.
• Don’t sexualize people or things that shouldn’t be sexualized. The Girl Scouts, children’s story characters, or toys, are off limits. Sorry not sorry.
If I’ve forgotten anything, feel free to add to this. Stay away from these, and you should be good to go! :)
In conclusion: don’t be an asshole, have fun, and be safe. Happy Halloween! 🎃👻