Fast Hair Growth
Recently I cut off 7 inches of my hair for charity but then quickly decided that short hair wasn’t for me, this is a list of things that I have done which in my opinion have noticeably made my hair grow faster!
Hair is made from protein so it is essential to eat things such as eggs, beans, nuts, soy and fish (if you’re not veggie) as these all help increase Keratin production.
Healthy fats such as Omega 3 are essential and these can be found in fish and plant oils. Fish oil tablets can be found at most health shops. Healthy fats help increase the growth of hair follicles. Fats to avoid include: saturated fats, trans fatty acids and hydrogenated fats.
TREATMENT OF HAIR
Using straighteners, curlers and hair dryers can really damage hair due to the extreme temperatures, so avoid using these. Harsh chemicals in hairsprays and some shampoos and conditioners can also really damage hair so try using herbal products from places like lush (personally I like the cinnamon shampoo bar, which is specifically to encourage hair growth and the black pots of “roots”)
Use a brush, head massaging tool, or your finger tips to massage the scalp for 5-10 minutes daily to encourage growth.
Zinc is an important vitamin as it helps repair tissues that are in the scalp. Zinc can be found in dark chocolate, cocoa powder and roast pumpkin/squash. Iron is important because it helps deliver oxygen around the body and to the scalp which encourages hair growth. Iron can be found in lentils and beans. Vitamin C is important because it helps to produce collagen and allows the body to accept iron, Vitamin C can be found in: citrus fruits, broccoli, bell peppers and spinach. Other helpful vitamins to hair growth include: A, D, E and K; Which can all be found in supplement form.
It is important to stay hydrated and you should be drinking between 6-8 glasses of water a day! It is also important to try and reduce stress in your life as this can stunt hair growth.
- Heat and mix together, half a small glass of olive oil, one tomato and some aloe vera. Apply to scalp whilst warm, massaging into roots, leave for 30 minutes then have a shower as normal.
- Wash/Rinse hair daily in rosemary water.
- Mix half a glass of olive oil, a teaspoon of chili powder and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Apply to scalp, massaging into roots, leave for 20 minutes then have a shower as normal. (This may tingle, but shouldn’t cause any pain - if so wash off immediately)
- Leave olive oil on tips of hair 10 minutes before washing to avoid split ends.
- Mix half a glass of olive oil and a table spoon of mayonnaise. Apply to scalp, massaging into roots, leave for 20 minutes then have a shower as normal.
(Any left over mixes can be kept in fridge to be used again, simply stir and use as instructed.)