lil kid: [puts her face into her birthday cake] kuroo: aw bokuto: sure, when she does it, it’s adorable. but when i do it, it’s wrong. akaashi: that’s because we were at a restaurant and it wasn’t your cake, bokuto-san
i just found your blog and its AMAZING. how did i not find this before?? i love your work!! can you do a top 5 nishinoya moments?
Thank you for the kind words, anon bean. And for the both of you, I’m more than pleased to do this, let’s go with the world’s favorite libero \(★ω★)/ (btw I love literally everything he does this is the hardest top 5 I’ve ever made damn)
1. The foot save. When I think about Noya, I always thik about this specific moment. The first time I saw it I legit fell down of the chair screaming, it was so EPIC and still makes my jaw drop just by looking at the gif. Like…my son…HE DID THAT!!!!!! A true Haikyuu classic. A+
2. “Alright! There’s nothing to be scared of! You guys just keep looking straight ahead. I’ll guard your backs with my life if I have to!”aka the guardian deity always being the guardian deity. Noya is just…the most important person. He’s so tiny but if he crumbles, sure as hell the whole team will go down with him. You can see it in the very beginning, things started to get well the day he was officially back. He’s so devoted to them that sometimes my heart aches just by looking at him. When they start doubting themselves, he’s always the first to pick them up. His indomitable spirit is what keeps Karasuno alive, he’s the light of hope, the pillar that holds them together, the one that always saves them, sometimes with his hands, sometimes with his words, sometimes with his presence alone.
3. "Well, hello left”. Oh, how much I loved this moment (like all s3 Noya, an overall gift from the gods). As it only to be expected, the first person touching a ball during the Karasuno vs. Shiratorizawa match was Noya himself. Who received but failed to redirect the ball Ushijima just spiked. And what did he do after 0,0003 seconds of bafflement? He smiled. He was genuinely pleased to have such a strong player on the opposite side of the net, because he knew he could have A LOT of fun testing his own abilities as a libero. This shows how truly badass and fearless to the point of being reckless he is. Not to mention that he, the super libero, was the key of the total defense that eventually lead them to a very much deserved victory :’) and he never doubted or lost his spirit, not even once, not even when he was on the verge of collapsing. I’m so, so, so proud of him.
4. Another classic and blessed moment in Haikyuu history aka Noya with his hair down
5. “My hand’s thickness is about 2 cm. Perhaps my hands are a lot smaller than those of other boys my age… But that 2 cm gap between the ball and the floor is the ace’s lifeline!”aka a compilation of other epic saves
- Bonus: one of my all time fave Noya moment is his entrance, but I didn’t put it here because I already talked about it in the Top 5 characters entrance
p.s. This was intentionally Asanoya free since you could find the Top 5 Asanoya moments here :D (and a top 5 brotp moments with Tanaka is on the way!)
“You will be a regular, right?” Lev supplies effortlessly. “Isn’t that why you’re practicing so late?”
On the court farthest from them, Sugawara sets Ennoshita a steady toss. The ball skims the white band of the net and slams to the floor. The boom reverberates in the bare gym and Lev scoots around on long limbs to face Yamaguchi, grinning simply. Yamaguchi grins back.
“Yeah, you’re right,” he assures. “I will be.”
do yourselves a favor and go read this freaking tsukkiyama work of art *shoves it at your face* because everyone and everything is written beautifully and none of my art will ever do it justice and it’s only been two chapters wtf really 101/100