Ray Gun Headcanons
Dr. Death Defying
- Pink with black stripes
- A bit older than most Killjoys’ guns, but it’s in good shape. He cleans it often and rarely needs to use it. He knows that people think it’s funny that a grizzly war vet has a pink gun, but he doesn’t care.
- D still remembers his training from the wars, and he knows the importance of defending himself in the Zones. He’s pretty decent with a gun, but he hopes that he never has to use it. He also keeps his old military rifle around, even though he hates looking at it.
- Bright blue
- His gun works well, but it can be unpredictable. It’s been known to shoot off sparks and fizzle out unexpectedly, but he’s had it for years and doesn’t want to replace it.
- He has decent aim and a quick reaction time, and he’s not afraid to use his gun when the situation calls for it. Most people don’t mess with Pony when he’s holding a ray gun.
- Pink with a black lightning bolt on the side
- Not the best or the fastest gun in the Zones, but highly reliable. He’s used the same ray gun for years without any major problems.
- Cherri’s such a great shot that he doesn’t even need a fancy gun. With lighting-fast reflexes and incredible aim, he could probably knock out 3 people with a slingshot, let alone a ray gun.
Tommy Chow Mein
- Plain white, never painted or customized
- It’s not the most advanced model, but he upgrades every few years (when he can afford it) to ensure that he has a working ray gun. It functions better than a lot of Killjoys’ guns, and he takes good care of it.
- Unfortunately, he’s not a great shot, so having a decent gun doesn’t help him much. He has a fast reaction time, but his aim isn’t great, and he’s never been much of a fighter in general.
- Pale blue with white Japanese lettering that says “GO!”
- Fast and efficient, this is one of the most high-tech guns in the area. A gift from an associate after she paid them a big favor.
- She’s not a great shot, but she keeps the gun around for intimidation purposes. She’s also been known to threaten people with an (unloaded) shotgun.
DJ Hot Chimp
- Pitch black
- Older model that she bought years ago. She knows she should probably get it replaced, but she prefers the older mechanisms. It takes a while to charge, but she’s made some modifications that make the blast more powerful.
- She’s a good shot and can hold her own in a fight. Her gun is one of her most treasured possessions, and she never goes anywhere without it.